PDA

View Full Version : Just lost my game

Ogrius
03-21-2007, 12:21 AM
Thanks to a horribly timed power outage, I just lost my game. 90 hours gone. Excuse me real quick:

AAAAARRRRGRGRGRGRGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly no real point to start playing again. I love the game, but to me no real replayability. I was right up near the end, had 90% of the hunts done so not much left that I could do.

Desert Merchant
03-21-2007, 01:23 AM
did you never save your game?

xtrava
03-21-2007, 01:33 AM
Hmm...Well I find it hard to believe a power outage could wipe your memory card, it could only of turned off your current game whilst you were playing and therefore you would have only lost a few hours or something before you last saved...So just load your last save file? :)

If you have no save files...Then I guess you learnt your lesson the hard way. =/

Ogrius
03-21-2007, 01:36 AM
Hmm...Well I find it hard to believe a power outage could wipe your memory card, it could only of turned off your current game whilst you were playing and therefore you would have only lost a few hours or something before you last saved...So just load your last save file? :)

If you have no save files...Then I guess you learnt your lesson the hard way. =/

I was in the middle of saving when the power went out. You know when it tells you do no hit the power button, yeah that's when it happened. I know it's my fault for not creating backups along the way, but oh well, still just sucks.

Psychotic
03-21-2007, 01:37 AM
If the power cuts out while you're in the process of saving the game, though, you lose the entire thing.

EDIT: beaten.

That sucks. I don't think I'd have the willpower to replay the game for a long time if it happened to me.

Tavrobel
03-21-2007, 01:46 AM
Buy a Surge Protector, please. Lieutenant Surge gives them out for free when you defeat his Ryechuuuu~~.

Or not play during a storm. That works, too, since power outage = the lawlz.

Disco Potato
03-21-2007, 01:47 AM
:(

Maybe you can try using a save file from Gamefaqs?

Ogrius
03-21-2007, 01:47 AM
Buy a Surge Protector, please. Lieutenant Surge gives them out for free when you defeat his Ryechuuuu~~.

Or not play during a storm. That works, too, since power outage = the lawlz.

It's on a surge prtoector and there is no storm. The entire neighborhood lost power for an hour for some unknown reason.

Tavrobel
03-21-2007, 01:56 AM
Ohh, it was spontaneous? Then, that just plain sucks.

xtrava
03-21-2007, 02:11 AM

I was in the middle of saving when the power went out. You know when it tells you do no hit the power button, yeah that's when it happened. I know it's my fault for not creating backups along the way, but oh well, still just sucks.

Ah right, so you had one save file...Yeah that sucks then :(

Send me your PS2 memory card, I'll copy my save game to it, then send it back? Failing that, just give up the game and ask someone what happens in the end, like you say, its not really worth a replay.

EDIT: Try and download a save file like someone suggested. Good luck.

Renmiri
03-21-2007, 02:24 AM
If you need to see what happens, there's always Youtube. I posted some of it already at Youtube, all that's missing is the battle with Vayne. Other people have posted the entire thing.

Rostum
03-21-2007, 02:31 AM
Bummer, dude!

xtrava
03-21-2007, 02:34 AM
Wow, I like your FFXI character :D

Gabranth
03-21-2007, 08:12 AM
that same crap would happen to me with my older FFs, only there wouldn't be a power outage or anything. for one, one of my FFVII files got corrupted and wouldn't load after i beat the game. my FFIV for SNES file got erased after not playing it for about a week. my FFIX file got corrupted for no damn reason either!

Zerv
03-21-2007, 04:03 PM
wow FF hates ur life and u should just give up on life

xtrava
03-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Was that a joke? Or are you actually heartless? :D

McLovin'
03-21-2007, 05:46 PM
That happened to me too. :) Power came out when I was saving. :(

Diango12
03-21-2007, 06:01 PM
You'll get in the mood again... Happened to me I pouted.. But wasen't long until I got into it again.

Ogrius
03-21-2007, 06:21 PM
I think I just might try that low level challenge thing. Don't knwo though. Would really like to get the new zelda for Wii and that would kill any time I would have for this.