PDA

View Full Version : Cid - O' please!

Remedy
03-21-2007, 08:11 AM
Why there must be a " Cid " character in most of Final Fantasy projects ?

yesterday I was watching the cartoon series " Final Fantasy Unlimited "

and there was a Cid!

I said sh*t - can't they get enough of Cid.

not only that - there are about what? 4 or 5 Cids in FF projects??

well, if you wonder what characters are going to be in FF XIII and
FF XIII Ve. I'll tell you there will be a " Cid " at both games!!!!!!!

Fynn
03-21-2007, 08:17 AM
There's always been a Cid since FFII (actually, in the DoS version of FFI Cid is mentioned by one of the Lufenians). FFXII even has two of them! So it's not "like 4 or 5" but 12 (or even 13, if you count the FFI one) Cids, while ommiting all the spin-offs and TSW (yes, those had Cids, too...). Face it - it's become one of the series' trademarks and they're not about to ditch him. I just can't understand why you're so annyed by it... Cids rule! :cool:

The Mog Ninja
03-21-2007, 09:06 AM
Things like that help keep the game at its roots, not going off-course, and helping people understand the real Final Fantasy. People like getting some small amount of joy saying "Hey, you're Cid!" and I really appreciate that they can keep Cid in the series, adding an amount of background to the series.

Remedy
03-21-2007, 09:41 AM
well, if they made a one " Cid " character for all FF projects it would be OK

you said there might be about 13 Cids.
What, can't they make names 13 times?
LOL
let Cid (Final Fatasy ™ ) rule.

Rostum
03-21-2007, 10:07 AM
I think it's cool how they have Cid in all the Final Fantasy's. And I like how he's always been some sort of engineer.

Just think of him the same as Chocobos and Moogles; it's just a traditional thing.

My favourite Cid is from FFXII (Al-Cid was alright, but the actual Cid). He's just so awesome for some reason. FFVIII's Cid was the biggest let down, I feel.

The Mog Ninja
03-21-2007, 10:11 AM
well, if they made a one " Cid " character for all FF projects it would be OK

All Final Fantasies are set in different worlds (excluding FF12, but that is set in a different time period) meaning that unless Cid has a time-travelling, universe-changing power, would not be able to be the same in all Final Fantasies. Also it would be rather difficult to convert Cid from say FF2 to a Cid in FF10, due to the graphical changes.

Remedy
03-21-2007, 10:31 AM
ok it's getting to FF loyalty thing, isn't it?

I never liked Cid at FF X or the one in XII but, the one in FF Unlimited looks prety cool. and yes, he's one of my favorite characters in the movie.

NOW, if you guys consider the one named multiple character " Cid "
as a ™ - it's your opinion.

I DON'T - CHOCOBO AND MOOGLES ARE THE REAL FINAL FANTASY ™

-

I'll B back soon to see other thoughts of multible Cid !
now back to the FF Unlimited movie - cheers ^^

The Mog Ninja
03-21-2007, 11:00 AM
No it isn't getting to the loyalty "thing", but Cid IS like Moogles or Chocobos. Your question is faulty. If you accept Chocobos and Moogles, why not include Cid. If you had rearranged your question as "I don't like Cid, I hope they get rid of him" then yes that is your opinion, but saying "Why there must be a " Cid " character in most of Final Fantasy projects ?" shows that you do not enjoy the repitition of characters between Final Fantasy games. Therefore, accept the facts or change your question!

Remedy
03-21-2007, 12:20 PM
it's just like Robbie Keane with deferent faces. ^_^

Chocobo doesn't change - Moogle doesn't change
but Cid ALWAYS looks deferent.
thats why I don't consider " CID " a FF ™

and no, I don't hate Cid to be at FF projects but, they should stick with one profile.
Do you agree?

cheers ^^

ljkkjlcm9
03-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Chocobos have changed, and Moogles have changed.

Chocobos have come in all sorts of colors, there's been breeding, hot and cold minigames, stables to rent them, and just random places to catch one. While the design may not have changed, it still has changed. Moogles are in a similar way. In FFVI for instance you get one on your team.

Cid works in a similar fashion. He typically has something to do with airships, but not always(aka FFVI). Either way he is almost always related to technology of some sort.

THE JACKEL

Remedy
03-21-2007, 01:02 PM
ok, Mr. JACKAL
if you were not knowledgeable about Moogle and Chocobe
and you saw some pictures of most of Moggels and Chocoboes from Final Fantasy series.

Wouldn't you recognize that they are looked alike?

collect some pics of Cid from deferent ff games - would you say they are the same person?

in FF there are Warriors, Black Mag, White Mag, etc. and they always have new names.
Cid is technical? he should have deferent name too
cheers

ljkkjlcm9
03-21-2007, 01:57 PM
ok, Mr. JACKAL
and you saw some pictures of most of Moggels and Chocoboes from Final Fantasy series.

collect some pics of Cid from deferent ff games - would you say they are the same person?

in FF there are Warriors, Black Mag, White Mag, etc. and they always have new names.
Cid is technical? he should have deferent name too
cheers

lol
why does he have to have a different name? what's wrong with having these guys named Cid. They're each individual characters, and it's just another staple to connect the games together. I mean, there are plenty of other things throughout the games. Ragnarok for instance becomes common in the games. It's been a Summon/Esper, a sword, a spaceship.

THE JACKEL

Fynn
03-21-2007, 05:44 PM
It gets worse than this in BoF (which, iMO, was dissaponting - not trying to offend anyone, so chill, I just didn't like the game) - Your main character is always named Ryu even though (despite the blue hair and inability to speak) they're different, just like Nina.

Elpizo
03-21-2007, 06:36 PM

Look at FF IV, V and VI's moogles (as example) and then at FFTA's and FF XII's. If those don't look different, replay the games and look a bit better.

Going from teddybear to a sort of rabbit with very large ears seems like a change to me.

So, why not Cid?

No.78
03-21-2007, 07:09 PM
Tis one of FFs almighty traditions! A game without a Cid would cause social uproar fo-sho

Now, I'm going to make a faviroute Cid thread. Because I can, and people will discuss intently. Yes.

Remedy
03-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Nice to have your thoughts guys ^^
cheers

Nominus Experse
03-21-2007, 08:38 PM
Ifrit and Shiva have been around since IV
Biggs and Wedge since VII
Cid since II
Bahamut since I
Chocobos since II
Moogles since III
Gilgamesh since V
Ragnarok since ? (I am not sure if it's been consistantly used since whenever it began, but it is a recurring name)

And there are more, I'm sure of it.

The thing is, evey FF is a different world, but they are all part of a series. It's more or less an intriguing, subtle method of tying together these seperate games and worlds together via the use of cameos. There's nothing wrong with naming them the same name, for in all reality, they are different characters - although some Cids and Bahamuts may very well share certain aspects, they are still seperate characters.

I personally enjoy it, and I know many others do as well.

CimminyCricket
03-21-2007, 08:46 PM
Biggs and Wedge since VII
Cid since II
Bahamut since I
Chocobos since II
Moogles since III
Gilgamesh since V
Ragnarok since ? (I am not sure if it's been consistantly used since whenever it began, but it is a recurring name)

And there are more, I'm sure of it.

The thing is, evey FF is a different world, but they are all part of a series. It's more or less an intriguing, subtle method of tying together these seperate games and worlds together via the use of cameos. There's nothing wrong with naming them the same name, for in all reality, they are different characters - although some Cids and Bahamuts may very well share certain aspects, they are still seperate characters.

I personally enjoy it, and I know many others do as well.

Actually, Nom, Biggs and Wedge have been around since at least FF VI, I believe that they were the soldiers accompanying that chick at the beginning of the game. O_o

Nominus Experse
03-21-2007, 09:42 PM
Oh, you are right, Cim.

LAWLZ at memory...

Tavrobel
03-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Gilgamesh since V

I'm so disappointed in you, Nom. All of these also appear in FFIIIj. Shame on you.

You fail.

Ifrit and Shiva are both summons.
Gilgamesh and Garuda appear as bosses in Salonia.
Ragnarok is a Light/Dark weapon with more attack than any other weapon except Shuriken and Onions.

Nominus Experse
03-22-2007, 04:48 PM
Never played IIIj

I fail, I know