PDA

View Full Version : Download plugin problem.

Silverlocke
10-15-2001, 01:41 AM
For whatever reason, I'm having great trouble downloading things using either IE or Netscape.
Websites load fine, but when I try downloading anything, it tells me I have a plugin error, and that a plugin was detected, but an error with it occured.

I don't use Go!Zilla, so it's just the IE/Netscape download manager, but I can't download anything nonetheless. So...*pleads for help*

Dr Unne
10-15-2001, 04:12 AM
My parents' computer has a similar problem. IE is incapable of using Save As... on their computer. Netscape works, but IE doesn't. Using a download manager works, and sites load fine in IE, but it can't Save As... I've never figured out the problem. I tried everything. Reinstalling IE might fix the problem for you though. I don't know.

If you never get it working, you could always try to somehow get a download manager, on a disk off of someone you know, perhaps, and install it on your computer, and use that to download. They're better than using IE or Netscape directly, anyways.

Cactuar2000
10-15-2001, 08:56 AM
Which IE version are you running? If it isn't 6, an upgrade may be worth a shot.

crono_logical
10-15-2001, 10:33 AM
Disable Content Advisor :)

And possibly change the security settings in the Internet Options control panel to let you download (safe) plugins.