PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Problems

Moon Rabbits
03-21-2007, 08:31 PM
I purchased SH4: The Room the other day, and it won't get past this one loading screen about midway through the game. At first, I thought it was the disk because the game is second hand, so I cleaned it. Unfortunately, it still does not get past this loading screen.

My other games have been acting funny too, Burnout 3 randomly freezes, certain DDR songs don't start or skip, and on top of that when I was playing DDR the PS2 turned off by itself. I turned it back on, played a bit more, and it turned off again.

Any suggestions?

Dragonface
03-21-2007, 10:27 PM
Would the games be for Xbox? or a diffent version of PS2?

Mirage
03-21-2007, 10:49 PM
It sounds like the laser diode inside your PS2 is starting to wear out.

Moon Rabbits
03-21-2007, 11:12 PM
It sounds like the laser diode inside your PS2 is starting to wear out.

Yeah, I was googling away and just came to this conclusion. Can I clean it? Or is it a replace or die sort of situation?

Rostum
03-21-2007, 11:20 PM
I think you can get them replaced (I know in Australia where I live there are places that will do it), though not sure how much it'd cost.

Mirage
03-22-2007, 12:01 AM
It would probably be covered by the warranty, if it's less than a year since you bought it. Otherwise, you'll have to pay to get it fixed, or do it yourself. Sometimes it's not a dying laser diode, but a misaligned laser diode. In that case, it's possible to fix it yourself without having to buy any spare parts.