PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars 2. That's right folks.

escobert
03-21-2007, 09:02 PM
http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10133090

No more campaigns for Guild Wars. We've got a new game commin :D

They are abandoning the Campaign format because it required them to reinvent GW completely for every chapter, and it began to feel 'bloated' to them. It's also increased the tutorials and has created a barrier to new players entering the chapters. The Expansion increases the timeframe but allows them to do what they want to with the game, without worrying about new professions, or pre-lvl20 content. This is a new blueprint for a completely new game.

Expect a BETA for Guild Wars 2 in 2008.

Larahl
03-21-2007, 09:51 PM
Just today I thought when are they going to stop with the Expansion Packs, and make a Guild Wars 2 game.
I'm Psychic. :cool:

Zante
03-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Sounds like they are going to make GW2 more WoW-ish, though its too early to say if that is a good or a bad thing. But I am glad that they will keep true to their no monthly fees policy.

Shoeberto
03-21-2007, 10:06 PM
Pretty cool. I can't wait for more solid details to be released, as it sounds like the game is still relatively early in the planning stages yet.

Rostum
03-21-2007, 10:53 PM
Korean MMO's generally are not like WoW, btw. And I'm glad they are ditching GW to make a proper MMO version, though NCSoft are coming out with another really awesome MMO later this year called Aion.

Markus. D
03-21-2007, 11:07 PM
The only real highlights of the first GW story was nearing the end of the game.

but. this game looks like fun ^-^

My guild will be pissed if the level cap expands [not that I care. I like high levels and pretty numbers]

I also believe this is where the imbalances will begin.

there are already skillsets to make one pretty much invincible (I'm focusing on all the dervish. because they can live for AAAaaages. and at times only being tainted by anti-enchantments)... o_o;

Elite Lord Sigma
03-22-2007, 12:48 AM
Well, at least I still have a bit of time to pick up the first one before it becomes obsolete.

Madame Adequate
03-22-2007, 12:50 AM
Didn't they pack enough phale and suck into the first one?

escobert
03-22-2007, 06:54 AM
OH LAWL SO FUNNY.

Seriously, I think this game will rock and honestly. WoW fucking sucked and couldn't keep my attention for :skull::skull::skull::skull:. GW may not have had the best community but atleast everywhere I went I wasn't farted at.

Markus. D
03-23-2007, 09:02 AM
Well, at least I still have a bit of time to pick up the first one before it becomes obsolete.

Nightfalls release of Heroes kind of allows you to Solo anyways. should'nt be to hard.

escobert
03-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Korean MMO's generally are not like WoW, btw. And I'm glad they are ditching GW to make a proper MMO version, though NCSoft are coming out with another really awesome MMO later this year called Aion.

Good thing Arenanet is based in Seattle :p