PDA

View Full Version : Various challenges

Ogrius
03-21-2007, 09:41 PM
So what are some of the various challenges that you have heard of? I have only heard of the 3:

1. Low Level Challenge - never gain a level
2. Level Reks to 99 - self explanatory
3. Vaan only - never use more than Vaan in your party, all others to stay at lowest level. Only exception is the couple of times when you are required to have another character out, but even then they can't gain a level.

Any more that I haven't heard other than the obvious perfect game achieve everything one?

Remon
03-21-2007, 09:47 PM
I haven't done any of the above :laughing:

But i plan on doing the low level and Vaan only chalenge :pinkelephant:

Ogrius
03-21-2007, 09:50 PM
I haven't done any of the above :laughing:

But i plan on doing the low level and Vaan only chalenge :pinkelephant:

Since I lost my save file I am trying to figure out what I would like to do as a challenge since overall I found it rather easy compared to most older FF's. For the hell of it, I currently have Reks at lvl 7 lol.

Zeromus_X
03-21-2007, 10:53 PM
2. Level Reks to 99 - self explanatory

Does that really count as a challenge? It just seems like a waste of time...

I've only heard of the level 1, 2, 3, etc. challenge and the 'perfect game' challenge, which seem to be the most popular.

Moon Rabbits
03-21-2007, 11:21 PM
What the hell is a perfect game?

I was thinking about challenges for this game a little while ago. Low level came to mind, obviously.

Reks to 99 isn't a challenge, it's just a waste of time. Anyone can do it.

Solo runs (Vaan or etc. only) also came to mind instantly.

I'll probably start a low-level challenge soon, but I'm thinking about maybe a no License Grid challenge. But I guess you wouldn't get any LP if you weren't killing enemies in a Low-Level challenge, so Low-Level sort of implies no LG.

Maybe I'll do a Low-Level, and No Gambits for added annoyance challenge. :P

EDIT: Low-Level + Acquire all Espers? :D!~

dennenappelke
03-21-2007, 11:47 PM
Yeah no-license-challenge would be a tough one.

For me, even the no-gambit-challenge would be hard, I don't like the idea of taking control over 3 characters in FFXII.

Maybe a time challenge? such as complete the game within 20 hours or something like that?

Ogrius
03-22-2007, 04:17 PM
What the hell is a perfect game?

I was thinking about challenges for this game a little while ago. Low level came to mind, obviously.

Reks to 99 isn't a challenge, it's just a waste of time. Anyone can do it.

Solo runs (Vaan or etc. only) also came to mind instantly.

I'll probably start a low-level challenge soon, but I'm thinking about maybe a no License Grid challenge. But I guess you wouldn't get any LP if you weren't killing enemies in a Low-Level challenge, so Low-Level sort of implies no LG.

Maybe I'll do a Low-Level, and No Gambits for added annoyance challenge. :P

EDIT: Low-Level + Acquire all Espers? :D!~

No license challenge would be absilutely impossible. There is absolutely no way to beat the game using the original weapons and armor and not having at least the cure spell. Just no freaking way in hell.

dennenappelke
03-22-2007, 04:20 PM
that's why SE invented the potions, hi-potions and x-potions :D

dragontamer
03-29-2007, 11:44 AM
is there any reward for all of this or just fun?

Mirage
03-29-2007, 11:57 AM
The reward is an immense sense of accomplishment.

silverjunky
03-29-2007, 12:25 PM
im planning on doing a balthier solo after i have finished my perfect game one.
p.s if anyone wants to see a complete master of final fantasy challenges including ff12 check out Ashe10's videos on youtube she rocks big time.

Pete for President
03-29-2007, 09:38 PM
I'm thinking of starting a brawler-challenge. No weapons, fist-fights only.

Renmiri
03-30-2007, 02:46 AM
Ultimania Omega FFXII from Square Enix has a couple

I scanned them here

http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/index.php/FFXII/Challenge

Lexy
03-30-2007, 08:52 PM
that's why SE invented the potions, hi-potions and x-potions :D

Even x-potions barely do anything in this game. I don't think it would be possible to beat the game without learning the higher cure spells, and if it is possible, I imagine it would be extremely frustrating and not very fun (but I guess that's a natural consequence of a challenge like this). I hate the x-potions in this game. They're lame. But I guess considering how readily available they are, it would be too easy if they really restored a lot of hp.

look_out_below
03-30-2007, 09:28 PM
I can think of three more
1) Keeping original weapons and armour.
2) No magic or techniques of any kind.
3) No use of items.
I would not suggest doing all 3 at once, though it is probably not impossible it would just be insanely hard and time consuming. The only way you would be able to heal your characters, if you did all three, would be at save spheres.

Renmiri
03-31-2007, 12:48 AM
I did no magick at the Pharos and it was a breeze.

No need for Cura or Curaja if you have revive, X-potions and Phoenix dowsn, plus good weapons / armor

No.78
03-31-2007, 11:20 AM
I tried the X2 challenge for lowest level once. But, I got to like, level 5 or something... And then I realized you could do it with 112, so... I didnt know how that was possible, realized I'd need a walkthrough, thus destroying the point of the challenge.