PDA

View Full Version : something about the names

Aerisfanatic
03-21-2007, 11:14 PM
i always thought the names for the characters the creaters came up with were just suppose to be creative but, does it seem like their losing ideas for names? i didnt really notice this till final fantasy 12 where they had name like vann, bacsh, fran, and other names in other games like gau, does any one else think so? and what names do you think were weird and uncreative?

Meat Puppet
03-21-2007, 11:25 PM
The names of FF1’s party members.

silentenigma
03-22-2007, 12:35 AM
yeah. naming characters after weather patterns.

Necronopticous
03-22-2007, 12:39 AM
"Weird" and "uncreative" all at once? The idea of that seems pretty strange to me. I don't really see how Vaan, Basch, Fran, or Gau are uncreative at all. Weird is okay in my book, and I've been pretty much consistently happy with the names in the series so far. "Lightning" might be the first name I'm sort of on the fence about, but I don't think they're losing their ideas or creativity.

Mr. Revolution
03-22-2007, 02:47 AM

I hope you don't mean Cloud. His name is more of a tribute to his clouded past more so than a cloudy day.

In any case, I'm perfectly fine with the names thus far. They've been quite original and they really stand out. For example, when the name "Auron" is mentioned, the mind goes straightaway to the red-cloaked samurai. In FF12's case, Gabranth brings back vivid details of the warrior clad in armor from head to toe. He won't be easily mistaken with someone else, unlike the Cids, in which case a last name or FF title must be specified.

No.78
03-22-2007, 08:16 AM

I hope you don't mean Cloud. His name is more of a tribute to his clouded past more so than a cloudy day.

And Squall... And Tidus...

I don't think the names are unimaginative, I think they're stylized.