PDA

View Full Version : Deathgaze

LoKuS
03-22-2007, 01:08 AM
i just gotten Setzer and the Falcon and was cruising around and encountered him, i fought with him and he just flee after awhile. can anyone gimme some more info on him like will i keep fighting with him and can i ever kill him?

Necronopticous
03-22-2007, 01:12 AM
He's got 55555 HP that do not recharge, even when he runs away and he's weak to Fire and Holy. Keep pursuing and bombarding him with strong Fire, Holy, and Non-elemental attacks and you'll eventually beat him. Save after each time he runs away so you don't die and lose your progress.

LoKuS
03-22-2007, 01:51 AM
sounds good, i just keep using Phatom Rush and he ran.

Darius
03-22-2007, 02:28 PM
Its possible to beat him in his first encounter. Just put all power houses in your party and use attacks that hit multiple times. Genji Glove and Master Scroll is a good choice too. It will do heavy damage to him in one round. Ive fought him a total of 3 times, with different saves, and beat him first time everytime. Just go all out and youll have no problem winning.

Jowy
03-22-2007, 02:57 PM
Nobody's ever PREPARED for Doomgaze the first time you fight him though! It's more of an "oh goddammit not this assclown at this time *healhealhealheal*"

Bunny
03-22-2007, 03:43 PM
One time I was leaving Kefka's Tower and it puts Setzer in a party of his own. So I was going to fly around a little bit because the town is RIGHT THERE!

Three steps boom fight death.

Now I cannot find the bastard for the life of me!

Darius
03-22-2007, 03:45 PM
I agree that you could NOT be prepared for him. The first time I ever fought him I had my main party set up and I was just flying around looking for stuff (SNES version). Sabin didnt quite kill him first attack round but my other characters did. The second and third time I was looking for him because I hadnt run into him yet. So all 3 times I was prepared for anything. Hes not hard either. :p

LoKuS
03-22-2007, 03:56 PM
I was caught off guard. lol

Jowy
03-22-2007, 04:15 PM
I agree that you could NOT be prepared for him. The first time I ever fought him I had my main party set up and I was just flying around looking for stuff (SNES version). Sabin didnt quite kill him first attack round but my other characters did. The second and third time I was looking for him because I hadnt run into him yet. So all 3 times I was prepared for anything. Hes not hard either. :p

Unless you're y'know, at a level with a multiple of 5. :aimwink:

Darius
03-22-2007, 05:32 PM

Unless you're y'know, at a level with a multiple of 5. :aimwink:

:D True that! Then you get pwndz :eek:

Crossblades
03-22-2007, 06:04 PM
Has the encounter rate for Deathgaze dropped in the GBA version? Because I remember in the SNES version after flying for a couple of seconds I would encounter him, but in the GBA version, it took me about half hour to encounter him.

Necronopticous
03-22-2007, 06:50 PM
There is no encounter rate for Deathgaze. Deathgaze's appearance is based on occupying the same position as his randomized position on the map. Every time you lift off in your ship he gets randomly placed somewhere, and you'll fight him when you fly over that spot. It's the same for the GBA version as it was for all the other versions, you just got lucky on the SNES version.

Darius
03-23-2007, 01:21 PM
/cheer

abrojtm
03-23-2007, 04:40 PM
Keep in mind that (to the best of my knowledge), Deathgaze will not be encountered if Mog has Moogle Charm / Moululu's Charm equipped.

theundeadhero
03-24-2007, 11:26 PM
There's nothing like flying around for half an hour and not finding him, all for an esper you don't really need at all :(

Necronopticous
03-24-2007, 11:34 PM
http://www.JEREMYTIME/upload/deathgaze.jpg

LoKuS
03-24-2007, 11:39 PM
haha, nice.

Darius
03-26-2007, 06:06 PM
Buahahaha! I think we've all done that at some point, playing FF's. :D

darksword12
03-29-2007, 12:51 AM
I did that to level up my toad spell in FF2.