PDA

View Full Version : Talent

Diango12
03-24-2007, 02:13 AM
Well, talent is something quite abstract, so:
-What is talent to you?
-Do you have any talent?
-Does talent make a human worth more/less?

discuss :3

Shiny
03-24-2007, 02:51 AM
Rye is talent. You should see what she does with her tongue.

oddler
03-24-2007, 02:59 AM
Holy crap, this thread reminds me of that guy in Salva's bar from Star Ocean: The Second Story.

I gots it and that's all that matters.

PyroManiak
03-24-2007, 03:11 AM
Personally I think people somewhat choose there own talent subconsciously...The thing I'm most talented is combat both online and in real life...I usually have perfect aim when it comes to hitting someone in the scrotum or tooth, or both...and I can become creative in combat situation in terms of position/movement and combining tools

In terms of starting fires and stuff I don't really consider myself "talented" at it but I don't fear fire so there easy for me to start and I learn alot about flammabality online and my science project was about flammibility in connection to ratios of carbon,oxygen,hydrogen in carbohydrates... and incase you might try to come w/ ways I allegedly lie against me...yes I did take chemistry in the 8th grade and my old school the Timilty and some other one were the only schools to take chemistry in the 8th grade in the US

Diango12
03-24-2007, 03:17 AM
In terms of starting fires and stuff I don't really consider myself "talented" at it but I don't fear fire so there easy for me to start and I learn alot about flammabality online and my science project was about flammibility in connection to ratios of carbon,oxygen,hydrogen in carbohydrates... and incase you might try to come w/ ways I allegedly lie against me...yes I did take chemistry in the 8th grade and my old school the Timilty and some other one were the only schools to take chemistry in the 8th grade in the US

O_o

nik0tine
03-24-2007, 03:18 AM
Talent is inate ability. Talent does make one person better than another person. Mozart was better than me. And I am better than this guy. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/nik0tine/pitbull.jpg)

Agrias
03-24-2007, 03:20 AM
i can draw..i think if a person puts his or her mind to it they can develop many different talents but i swear, Roto13 has this that he can do...its outta this WORLD!

Martyr
03-24-2007, 03:21 AM
Well, talent is something quite abstract, so:

-What is talent to you?

Talent is an inherent aptitude that applies to a skill so well that somebody talented will perform above average at that skill without any initial practice.

-Does talent make a human worth more/less?

Definitely YES!
A human with many talents of excessive talent, should he find the skill for which he is talented, will have a leg up on all his competition.
If you want to put money down on somebody, you will definitely also invest more in the "talented" person than anybody else. Less teaching and better performance = win.

Of course, there's nothing worse than a waste of talent... Any human can appear less valuable/useful/worthy is he either never discovers his talents or fails to act on them.
I believe that education cannot ever replace or beat out talent, but it works well enough when no talent steps up to the plate.

-Do you have any talent?

Sure.

Bunny
03-24-2007, 03:23 AM
I can walk, talk on a cell phone, drink a cold (or warm!) beverage, and chew gum at the same time without falling.

I can also wrap one of my legs around the other one two times. Same with my arms.

Jessweeee♪
03-24-2007, 03:33 AM
I can procrastinate very well :)

Jowy
03-24-2007, 03:38 AM
I can put my legs behind my head.

Mitch
03-24-2007, 03:42 AM
275 Skinning and 300 Herbalism.

yanis
03-24-2007, 03:48 AM
I think if you have talent, is a result of a hard work or because you like it and you're doing it all the time. When I was little I used to draw very often, so later everybody were saying that I have talent in drawing and they used to ask me to draw for them, if I had talent in spitting I don't think I was worth more as a human, so it depends if your talent is really worth any attention or not.

Hambone
03-24-2007, 05:29 AM
I can listen to classical music without shooting myself...and numa numa...

Lynx
03-24-2007, 05:40 AM
umm idk

i can draw ok i keep getting better and better is that talent though or the result of hard work?

i can do front hand springs walk on my hands for short distances and i have unbelievable balance also i have some amazeing refelxes.

now thats not bragging at all because those were all results of hard work as well. yes htere is a way to train your reflexes despite what anyone says i can teach these ways :eep:

so as far as real talent as in it came natrually I can... idk im really good at climeing and always have been trees mountains whatever only fallen out of 2 trees not bad for over a decade of climbing i guess.

Quindiana Jones
03-24-2007, 03:10 PM
I wish I could do that thing with the little balls....ahem...

But seriously, the thing where you have a little sandbag ball thing, and you do l33t skillz with it without it touching the ground. And I wish I could juggle. Basically, I wanna be a circus man.

I don't think I have any major talents in that sense, but I'm usually good with people, which can be considered a talent.

Madame Adequate
03-24-2007, 03:37 PM
A talent is an inherent ability at something. So you're good at it without practise, or you need far less practise than an average joe.

By which definition, I'm talented at a horrifying number of things.

Bunny
03-24-2007, 07:30 PM
275 Skinning and 300 Herbalism.

Those are professions.

20/41/00 Mage :cool:

Odaisé Gaelach
03-24-2007, 07:35 PM
Talent is being able to do some task by instinct. Like when you've been doing something for years and years and years, until you can do it without really having to think about it. It all comes together naturally for you.

I can write, but not very well. I'm also good with computers.

Talent makes a human worth more, I think.

Roto13
03-25-2007, 02:00 AM
Is "awesome" a talent?

Rye
03-25-2007, 02:02 AM
Rye is talent. You should see what she does with her tongue.

Oh yes. :jokey:

Talent is having an born aptitude for something. I am talented in singing, photography, writing, art, and academics except for math. :]