PDA

View Full Version : Maybe a little too girly?

Aerisfanatic
03-24-2007, 02:46 AM
i know that ffX-2 is soppose to be feminine, but words like fabulous everwhere and extremley girlish comments really neccesarie?

oh and dont forget about the pop music!

silentenigma
03-24-2007, 03:49 AM
The entire game was unnecessary.

Jessweeee♪
03-24-2007, 07:18 AM
For the love of God, no! A horrible horrible conversation is about to unfold! There's nothing we can do to stop it, now...just run, run as far away from earshot as you can and never look back!

Little Blue
03-24-2007, 03:12 PM
I like X-2, and pop music. Does that make me girly too?! Crap... *Runs away like a girl, crying*

Sure, the game may not have been neccessary, or perhaps not even a good thing, but it happened and it was fun to play. What does it matter if it was aimed at a certain demographic?

Darth Anarcus
03-24-2007, 11:44 PM
I am racist against FFX-2. It should die.

Tavrobel
03-25-2007, 12:00 AM
We need to ethnically cleanse the world of FFX-2. Once you do that, we shall doublethink our way out of the situation, and forget that it existed, and forget that we forgot, for the game must perish. After that, then we shall complain about whether or not the game was girly.

In my opinion, it just plain sucked. Who cares if it's girly if it sucks? Then you'll just get that feminist of a person, Psychotic, angry at you and prepare to ban you for being anti-feminist. Back in the kitchen!

Aerisfanatic
03-25-2007, 12:05 AM
We need to ethnically cleanse the world of FFX-2. Once you do that, we shall doublethink our way out of the situation, and forget that it existed, and forget that we forgot, for the game must perish. After that, then we shall complain about whether or not the game was girly.

In my opinion, it just plain sucked. Who cares if it's girly if it sucks? Then you'll just get that feminist of a person, Psychotic, angry at you and prepare to ban you for being anti-feminist. Back in the kitchen!
you guys hate ffX-2 yet you still go and post on these forums,
ya that make sense

Psychotic
03-25-2007, 01:47 AM
In my opinion, it just plain sucked. Who cares if it's girly if it sucks? Then you'll just get that feminist of a person, Psychotic, angry at you and prepare to ban you for being anti-feminist. Back in the kitchen!If you keep this up I'll burn your bra. And what will support your over-abundant man melons then?

Yeah, it was probably too girly. Didn't cause me to lose any enjoyment though.

Nominus Experse
03-25-2007, 02:58 AM
Poopie

Yliette
03-25-2007, 04:38 AM
Girly. Feminine. Womanly. Effeminate. Just the few adjectives I can think of relating to females.

Even Brother seemed to have been contaminated by FFX-2's feminine factor with all those gay poses he does in cutscenes.

And I can't understand why YRP has to do that corny pose followed by "Gullwings, let's go!" before beginning a Mission.

Nominus Experse
03-25-2007, 06:10 AM
It's to fit the techno-pop/bubble-funk/lol, wut-groove/wtf? soundtrack

No.78
03-25-2007, 12:06 PM
Yunas a free birdy now, she can be as femenine and crazy as she wants!!! :bigsmile:

Tavrobel
03-25-2007, 02:49 PM
It's to fit the techno-pop/bubble-funk/lol, wut-groove/wtf? soundtrack

There was a soundtrack? I could've sworn it was random notes to a highly irregular pitch and nonsensical jabbering which decreased my intellegence 5 points per second listened to it. Now I need to go equip my Ral Tir Tal Sol and get my smart back.

utelektr
03-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Am I the only one who liked this game? ;_;

Little Blue
03-25-2007, 04:34 PM
No, you're not. All this hate makes me want to cry :cry:

Psychotic
03-25-2007, 09:54 PM
I liked it too. But come on, mindless FFX-2 hate isn't exactly a new phenomenon.

Little Blue
03-25-2007, 10:14 PM
And its made me want to cry each and every time I've come across it :cry:

Tavrobel
03-25-2007, 10:31 PM
I liked it too. But come on, mindless FFX-2 hate isn't exactly a new phenomenon.

It is neither mindless nor unjustified.

And its made me want to cry each and every time I've come across it :cry:

Good. There is no room in Sparta for weak men.

Psychotic
03-26-2007, 12:55 AM
Not all of it is mindless, no, but the vast majority of it certainly is, especially anything that the unholy combination of your brain and fingertips produce.

As for justification, well, I don't know why repeatedly calling a video game poor on an internet forum is considered just, righteous and all that funky jazz, but hey, whatever yanks your chain.

Levian
03-26-2007, 01:23 AM
Yeah, it was way too girly, but it'll be a cold day in hell before I give up on an FF with a good job system.

Holy Lancer
03-26-2007, 01:26 AM
I'm too scared to play it I might break it. FF10 wasn't even that good i hated the battle system. I liked blitzball though.

Tavrobel
03-26-2007, 03:29 AM
Not all of it is mindless, no, but the vast majority of it certainly is, especially anything that the unholy combination of your brain and fingertips produce.

As for justification, well, I don't know why repeatedly calling a video game poor on an internet forum is considered just, righteous and all that funky jazz, but hey, whatever yanks your chain.

You're just jealous of my mad skills.

BG-57
03-26-2007, 12:33 PM
I have issues with FFX-2, but not about the gender bias. There's nothing inherently wrong with having only female party members.

The problem is two of them are from an pre-existing game where most players know them quite well already, and the way they are handled in this one are just wrong.

The music fits the mood of the game, although I agree the mood is wrong. Spira shouldn't be this lighthearted after all it's been through. The quality of the music is decent, but only a few tracks stand out, like the pre-title sequence and the Farplane Abyss.

Despite my reservations I still feel a lot of affection for this game. Maybe it's the flexible job system (always a plus) or maybe it's Leblanc (one of my favorite characters).

TyphoonThaReapa
03-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Let's face it people. This game suck so much ass, it should be a new brand of Huggies. This game suck so much ass, Opera Winfrey wouldn't have problem sitting on it. This game sucks so much ass, it makes the sewage system seem like Care Bear land.

No.78
03-26-2007, 10:35 PM

You're just jealous of my mad skills.

You cant have a reason to like or dislike something really if you think about it. If you like something then you like it.

What you said about music too, unintelligent music? That doesn't even make sense, music is noise that people enjoy to hear, some people like some music and others don't quite simply. I dunno how a song you dont like becomes bad, and how a song you do like is better than everyone elses and everyone who doesn't like it is wrong O_o that's just arrogance.
Same can be applied to this game. If you don't like it, you don't like it. Fair enough, just don't go on about it. It's pointless.

Tavrobel
03-26-2007, 11:36 PM
You can most assuredly have a reason to dislike something. For example, I dislike the Nazis for their senseless massacre of Jews, gypsies, mentally retarded, Catholics, and many others that need not deserve their fate. Ohh damn, if only I needed to have a reason to hate people. For example, I like pie because it tastes good. What a reason.

So I should consider popular rap music (not the underground stuff that is actually music) more music than classical, or FF music? Right, I'll get to that after I get shot in in South-East DC. You know, with the blood, and depictions of drug use, objectification of women, and so on and so forth.

I shall continue and I deem fit, for I have the right to freedom of speech, and I also have the right to disagree with whatever it is I feel like.

You know, incase your juvenile mind hasn't matured enough to detect sarcasm, I should explain that I was being sarcastic, as I always poke fun of Psychotic, without relent, for he both deserves it for being the person that he is: a Cid's Knight, and maybe, just maybe, someone I might consider a friend.

Moving on, in order to add some Barium Chloride to the wound, and yes, Barium Chloride, because this particular salt is more fun than Clacium Chloride (rock salt) or Sodium Chloride (table salt), whether or not I consider you a waste of my time is a different matter entirely, and I'm sure you can answer that one for me, since to you, it is that it seems so readily apparent.

But unlike you, who can neither justify his enjoyment of a game, nor even fathom why I could possibly dislike this game, I shall sit here in wait until you can explain it to me. Please do. For some reason, arrogance (the term you use to describe me) cannot be justified, no matter how distasteful it is. If only someone had not a Delusion of Grandeur and tried to take over the world.

Ohh, wait. They did.

SeeDRankLou
03-26-2007, 11:49 PM
You cant have a reason to like or dislike something really if you think about it. If you like something then you like it.
It is because it is? You can't use cyclical logic to explain things. Only the diety of your choice can do that and get away with it.

Yes FFX-2 is girly. Did it bother me? No, I actually thought it was kind of cute. It was it's own source of comic relief, you didn't have throw in some random character for that purpose. Although Brother tried his best to fill those shoes.

This game was rather good, I liked it a lot. And anyone who disagrees can get my Infinity Superior Cryptic Axe in their face. :tongue:

Spira shouldn't be this lighthearted after all it's been through.
If you are blind for your whole life and medicine comes up with something that lets you see again, 2 years later are you going to be walking around with your eyes shut because of all the blindness you've been through?

Tavrobel
03-26-2007, 11:52 PM
It is because it is? You can't use cyclical logic to explain things. Only the diety of your choice can do that and get away with it.

I do rightfully declare that this thread is over. The winner is SRL.

Monol
03-27-2007, 12:14 AM
over?! But i didnt get to post my worthless opinion that will be butchered by the masses yet!! Ok let me get the last word in here and say i enjoyed this game alot...and umm its fun...and uhh the girls are cool...?!....ok thats all i got....the games got its good..and its got a CRAP load of bad...but FF is FF so......game LOVED by me ::love: (hows that for girly? :cool: )

Little Blue
03-27-2007, 09:18 AM
Mine were girlier :p

Light Mage
03-27-2007, 09:31 AM
That's what I loved about FFX-2!!

:love:

Hazzard
03-27-2007, 08:08 PM
Let's face it people. This game suck so much ass, it should be a new brand of Huggies. This game suck so much ass, Opera Winfrey wouldn't have problem sitting on it. This game sucks so much ass, it makes the sewage system seem like Care Bear land.

Need I say more?

This game sucks so much ass, that the asses are turning red and starting to swell...

TyphoonThaReapa
03-27-2007, 09:17 PM

Need I say more?

This game sucks so much ass, that the asses are turning red and starting to swell...

This game sucks so much ass, the airlines replace the cavity search with it.

Markus. D
03-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Alright so apparently Music that comes from the Below Bevelle Area is inserted into the Pop genre.

Last night on another forum someone called Yuna a Tuls (...)

in the game the closest she become unfaithful from Tidus is that she oogles at mr Machina guy.

so maybe people are just shallow/jealous. :3

and yeah. being females. one would ussually make a comment in that stereotypical area~

BG-57
03-29-2007, 02:05 AM
Spira shouldn't be this lighthearted after all it's been through.
If you are blind for your whole life and medicine comes up with something that lets you see again, 2 years later are you going to be walking around with your eyes shut because of all the blindness you've been through?

I don't entirely disagree with you here; it's just a matter of degree. Sequels should have some continuity of tone, and FFX-2 is so different from FFX in tone that it's jarring and almost undermined the experience for me.

Unfortunately because it's a sequel it's innovative features get lost in the shuffle because the story gets rated as a poor second to the original. For example, I'd love to see New Game+ in a regular FF. The three female party was another innovation. Basically, it's an experimental game that got mixed results.

eternalshiva
03-29-2007, 02:25 PM
<3 <3 SeeD!

FFX-2 was actually really fun to play and it's actually my fave of the whole series ;/ it was really laid back and relaxed and hurray for the ending. FFX sucked balls and Tidus drove me insane. It was nice to see Yuna not so emo the entire game and have some fun. FF is always so heavy with emo-themes it can be depressing to play, this game was off the wall and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I find it funny that Tav says this game was way too girly and it sucked yet loves KH ;/

Sophie Peithos
03-29-2007, 02:41 PM
I don't get why people complain about this so often. It was made abundantly clear from promotional material exactly what kind of game this was going to be. Really, I thought from a conceptual point of view it complemented FFX quite well: FFX was the traditional, linear JRPG Epic and FFX-2 was more lighthearted, non-linear fun.

That being said, I have no particular fondness for this game, namely due to its lax difficulty. It's better then some installments in the series though.

Tavrobel
03-29-2007, 08:10 PM
I find it funny that Tav says this game was way too girly and it sucked yet loves KH ;/

I didn't claim that it was too girly. I claimed that it's not worth commenting on, if the game fundamentally is a bad game.

Hazzard
03-29-2007, 08:27 PM
<3 <3 SeeD!

FFX-2 was actually really fun to play and it's actually my fave of the whole series ;/ it was really laid back and relaxed and hurray for the ending. FFX sucked balls and Tidus drove me insane. It was nice to see Yuna not so emo the entire game and have some fun. FF is always so heavy with emo-themes it can be depressing to play, this game was off the wall and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Oh my Geez...When since did Yuna appear 'emo', she was just a frigid shy little girl. Tidus was kind of a naive little fool, and i agree with you there--but X-2 being your best game in the series! :eek: That's kinda shocking, but hey...It's your opinion.

KH was so not girly, and Organization XIII brought KH up 10 rankings.

Go Xemnas. Go Axel. Go Roxas. Go Xigbar. Go...(ran out of names)

Tabris
03-31-2007, 01:51 PM
To say that this game is "too girly" is an insult to us girls (or women). I'm a girl/woman, and I think Square insulted my intelligence if they believed this was a "girl-game".

TyphoonThaReapa
04-01-2007, 06:57 AM
To say that this game is "too girly" is an insult to us girls (or women). I'm a girl/woman, and I think Square insulted my intelligence if they believed this was a "girl-game".

Men, time to do what we do best...AVOID!!!! *runs away*

I got the jibbles
04-01-2007, 04:05 PM
*spreads the jibbles*

Tiamat3710
10-13-2007, 05:25 PM

there are some women who find it bad that a women like yuna is representing them aka my girlfriend and her friends because yunas totally lost her dignity i mean shes gone from high summoner yuna and in two years shes now like..............revealing

Realm25
11-02-2007, 11:13 AM
This game was a blatant insult to the Final Fantasy series.

I bought it, I played it for about 30 minutes, shut it off, and traded it into GameStop for Barbies Playhouse..okay not really Barbies Playhouse, but let's face it, that'd definitely be the lesser of two evils.

So as far as I'm concerned it ended with the amazing game that was Final Fantasy X.

Markus. D
11-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Can't judge a long game in half an hour.

Can't expect to get the full of it in such a short time.

The gameplay is Ace ;] and the story is decent.

thr33chears4Rikku!
11-03-2007, 06:02 AM
I just want to say to all those with negative criticisms that you must be blind. :o Like wow. I by no means at all am claiming to be a FF scholar and I probably couldn't count off all the main characters from every FF for you either. That being said....

FFX-2 was amazing! The characters are funny. Thier facial expressions are so darn cute at times. Rikku is just so funny! Paine gets all the good lines. And this game probably more than any other has IMO the best library of battle quotes and for cutscenes. My love does go in a minor annoyance however where I have had to playthorugh 4 times to get 99% with a guide every time. (ya its harder than it reads :o)

But what do I know?

Maybe the fact that I have no other FF game experience to base X-2 off is the reason I love this game so much? After all, I DID quit playing FFX after I died too many times to Sinspawn Gui. So Iunno Meh.

Realm25
11-04-2007, 04:35 PM
I'd rather play Pong.

Rianoa
11-04-2007, 05:21 PM
A quote from charlies angels "good morning charlie" and swap it with "good morning brother" YRP is charlies angels with a diffrent name X-2 should never have been made. X's great ending was smashed by this corney game they should have left it in its prime.

Irish Vincent
03-16-2008, 07:36 PM
what is the one and only cure to X2 u ask? bring back Sin and have it go back find the person/peoples who thought up this game before they reveal their ideas, and have Sin take them all back in time to Hiroshima in 1945, the moment before it gets nuked.:D

Light Mage
03-17-2008, 01:46 AM
what is the one and only cure to X2 u ask? bring back Sin and have it go back find the person/peoples who thought up this game before they reveal their ideas, and have Sin take them all back in time to Hiroshima in 1945, the moment before it gets nuked.:D
TASTE
You're doing it wrong.

Marluxiaswife
03-17-2008, 04:34 PM
*sighs* :-\ once again everyone has something rude to say about this game....I was about to quick liking final fantasy for good until ffx-2 came out i got back into final fantasy again. Its a little girly i admit but the rest aren't all girly they don't act like the stupid show off girls in school. :sweatdrop

and i'm happy yuna got out of her shell and started talking more and having fun at the same time after sin was defend. And i don't like ffx either ....Tidus annoyed me so badly and yuna had to keep her mind on defending sin and thinking of the calm.

note note: sorry to those who are fans of ffx and tidus :kaobeg:

Jaffamitsu
03-17-2008, 04:56 PM
I just played it really for the secret endings...just so it could finish on happy terms :D

Tabris
03-17-2008, 05:05 PM
As a woman, I take it as an insult if X-2 is seen as "girly".

Seraphic
03-17-2008, 05:33 PM
I just played it really for the secret endings...just so it could finish on happy terms :D

And also because the Job system and short wait time was pretty amazing.
Battles that only last a few seconds are always good in my opinion,I can't be bothered with long drawn out fights.

As for whether its girly or not, I don't think it was,the game is just playing off the main character, who after her whole life thinking she was going to die for the world was able to live, I'd say she's entitled to be happy.
And games are supposed to play off the main character,its why they are such.
Like how everyone says all the other games are emo and depressing,well thats because of the main character.
Does that mean that the other games are too manly?Of course not.

Vivisteiner
03-17-2008, 08:44 PM
FFX-2 sucks so much ass that there aint any more asses left for it to suck.

Man, even a Chuck Norris film is better than it. Although they too are also very feminine.

LunarWeaver
03-17-2008, 08:59 PM
Sometimes it can overdose on the pink. For every poignant moment the ladies share, there's a frivolous scene right after where they look like airheads. The pouting and the constant poses and stuff? Kind of too girly. I'm all for gurlpwr and :skull::skull::skull::skull:, but it's occassionaly more demeaning than powering.

But it's not all bad, and it's fun as hell to actually play. I'd plug that battle system into every RPG if I could. The story does have it moments, and it's not like I'm against Yuna breaking out of her shell to have some fun or anything. Just... You know. When you set up an enormous conflict between angry factions vying for leadership of the whole world and Yuna's answer is to sing a pop ballad, there's a problem.

fire_of_avalon
03-17-2008, 10:01 PM
Irish Vincent! Please don't revive dead threads!