PDA

View Full Version : your greatest adventure

Lynx
03-24-2007, 06:18 AM
so i would like to hear everyone greatest adventure. by this i mean basically anything. your favorite real life story of yours that you like to tell people. weather it be long or short i can assure you i will read it :) please try to be serious with this too i dont mind if its a funny story infact i love funny stories. but i dont want stories like "one time i saved the planet from sephiroth" because come on who hasnt been there.

so serious real life funny/sad/joyful/crazy/drunk/awesome story of yours. anything works.

41-Inches-Wide
03-24-2007, 06:29 AM
Since my country is an archipelago, I went island hopping last summer of 2005 in just a day. I went to 4 island-ports and 1 island-beach before zonking out and going home.

Griff
03-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Last November, on a trip to New Brunswick with a bunch of friends, we stopped at a Mcdonalds for supper. Well my one friend, Callum, tried twice to order a double Big Mac, and both times they screwed up his order. So Callum, in order to show his opinion of the place, stinks up the bathroom like only Callum can, it was the most disgusting thing any of us had ever smelt. 3 days later we stopped at the same Mcdonalds on the way home for breakfast, and the bathroom still smelled as bad as it did when we left it. It was one of the most hilarious and raunchy things I've ever experienced.

escobert
03-24-2007, 04:35 PM
I have far far too many great adventures to tell! I would need to right a book on my tales of daring do!

Lynx
03-24-2007, 06:28 PM
I have far far too many great adventures to tell! I would need to right a book on my tales of daring do!

well anyone adventure will work i just want to hear what other crazy times people ahve had.

Martyr
03-25-2007, 01:30 AM
I already told everybody about how I drove over a cliff.

Do you really need a better story then that?

I mean, once I was boating, and the stupid, brand new engine goes out, like all boat engines do, and I was out in the middle of the cold, unforgiving sea for about 7 hours, covered in grease and blood and gasoline, trying to get the damn thing to turn on again. Which it did.

I happened to be close to a tourist location on the beach, so I docked up there, snuck past the bastard who wanted me to pay $30.00 to dock, and then I had a decent time on land before hopping back into my little boat and driving home late at night, slightly tipsy, and feeling like it was all worth it.

Nominus Experse
03-25-2007, 01:39 AM
I went outside to get the mail once.

Lynx
03-25-2007, 06:35 PM
I went outside to get the mail once.

daring i would never take a risk like that :p

Agrias
03-25-2007, 07:41 PM
Well apparantly theres a family treasure hidden somewhere in the caves of the greek islands.
You see there was a great great great grandfather who used to work at the docks when Napoleon was at war. One day he apparantly overheard some of Napoleons crew talking about some sort of treasure that Napoleon hid from his enemies and one of the locations was right there in Greece.

So he snuck on board a ship that night and got the directions and the next day, he and three friends went to find it. Well when they came back there was only two of them and they came back as wealthy bastards. Soon after the second friend died and he was the only one who knew of the place. Everyone wondered how he'd become so rich and some looked into it, but upon reaching close to the truth, he'd bribe them and they'd become rich as well.

So the legend goes that the treasure is still there....personally i wanna go find it cause WHEWWWW thats one hell of an adventure! :D

KuRt
03-25-2007, 09:35 PM
So here's a drunkard tale of mine. I went with my class to a summercottage, we drank beer, swimmed and went to sauna. So then we found a rubberboat somewhere under the cottage, and thought we would go for a spin at the lake. The only bad thing about it was that it had a hole, and we noticed it when we were in the middle of the lake. That's not that serious, taking note that we all knew how to swim. But still it was kinda hard to get the empty rubberboat the hell outta there, me and my 3 friends fought like small animals to get to the shore with that damned boat. After ½hour of swimming we finally got to the shore, we threw the boat to a tree's branch and then we all had some more beer and I passed out in the sauna. Might not sound like much but oh, believe me, it was one helluva deed to get the rubberboat to safety..

Lynx
03-25-2007, 09:43 PM
Well apparantly theres a family treasure hidden somewhere in the caves of the greek islands.
You see there was a great great great grandfather who used to work at the docks when Napoleon was at war. One day he apparantly overheard some of Napoleons crew talking about some sort of treasure that Napoleon hid from his enemies and one of the locations was right there in Greece.

So he snuck on board a ship that night and got the directions and the next day, he and three friends went to find it. Well when they came back there was only two of them and they came back as wealthy bastards. Soon after the second friend died and he was the only one who knew of the place. Everyone wondered how he'd become so rich and some looked into it, but upon reaching close to the truth, he'd bribe them and they'd become rich as well.

So the legend goes that the treasure is still there....personally i wanna go find it cause WHEWWWW thats one hell of an adventure! :D

going on a search for a legendary treasure would be quite the adventure even if you dont find it.

So here's a drunkard tale of mine. I went with my class to a summercottage, we drank beer, swimmed and went to sauna. So then we found a rubberboat somewhere under the cottage, and thought we would go for a spin at the lake. The only bad thing about it was that it had a hole, and we noticed it when we were in the middle of the lake. That's not that serious, taking note that we all knew how to swim. But still it was kinda hard to get the empty rubberboat the hell outta there, me and my 3 friends fought like small animals to get to the shore with that damned boat. After ½hour of swimming we finally got to the shore, we threw the boat to a tree's branch and then we all had some more beer and I passed out in the sauna. Might not sound like much but oh, believe me, it was one helluva deed to get the rubberboat to safety..

haha drunkard stories are always funny and to be in that kinda situation is just hilarious. good thing you could swim good enough. i knwo the thing that would have kept me going was thinking of getting back to shore relaxing with a beer lol.

Araciel
03-26-2007, 04:55 AM
i got stranded on a small island on georgian bay once when i was 19 for a week...it was interesting to say the least.

Lynx
03-26-2007, 06:12 AM
i got stranded on a small island on georgian bay once when i was 19 for a week...it was interesting to say the least.

howd you survive?

Araciel
03-26-2007, 06:16 AM
survive?
it's only a week, it was summer...even if i didn't know how to find food you can survive a week without food no problem...it just sucks

i ate fish...boiled water to drink cause the bay isn't the cleanest...had mussels, some local roots, berries...lots of food...plus there was an abandoned cottage on the island, that's how i got stuck there...we had a big beach party bash and i passed out, all my friends left in the morning on the boats and forgot me...

Lynx
03-26-2007, 06:31 AM
survive?
it's only a week, it was summer...even if i didn't know how to find food you can survive a week without food no problem...it just sucks

i ate fish...boiled water to drink cause the bay isn't the cleanest...had mussels, some local roots, berries...lots of food...plus there was an abandoned cottage on the island, that's how i got stuck there...we had a big beach party bash and i passed out, all my friends left in the morning on the boats and forgot me...

haha well i know theres a way to survive i would figure id be able to survive pretty easily. i know how to hunt fish all that good stuff but thats because my hosue is far off in the woods and i spend my days hiking and my nights camping. but in this day and age people dont seem to have the ruggedness to survive without a fast food place next to them.

Araciel
03-26-2007, 06:42 AM
i don't know...i think most people could tough it out for a week...but i tend to have an overwhelming faith in humanity which is sometimes proven to be misplaced.

DeStyle
03-26-2007, 07:55 AM
My biggest adventure ever. So I'm gonna write it out as it deserves.
I had baaad luck. But everything happened as told.

Ok, we (me and four friends, call them Bas, Yur and James)
we were planning to take some magic mushrooms for a while.
Vacation had arrived and Bas' dad would leave for the entire
vacation, his parents were divorced and lived in seperate houses.
This ment that Bas' dads house would be open for 4 days, since
we needed a warm place and enough time to take mushrooms
this felt like the ideal moment.

On the moment we would enter the house (it was about 7.30 PM)
Bas found out that he had lost the keys to the front door, no worries since he knew there was an extra pair of keys in dads office. We
arrived at the office, to our dispair we saw a motorbike standing
before it, which ment that one of Bas' dads employees had come
to his office to work there (this happens like four times a year).
Since the office was empty we figured he was in the bar a couple
of streets away, he was. We then went back Bas went inside the
office to find the front door key, but it was nowhere to be seen.
After walking for about an hour waiting for the employee to
return to his office and (hopefully) leave we wanted to get
started already (it was about 9.30 PM). We sought refuge in
the storage next to the office which had it's own door, we
were lucky, it had alot of soda storaged and accesable
electricity but it was very cold there. We started to
settle in our new refuge and at about 10 PM Bas took the first
half portion, after about 15 minutes I and Yur followed. James
wouldn't take any mushrooms just in case. At about 10.45 PM
I and Bas were beginning to feel really weird. James insited
we would go outside and we did, we walked around for a while
and finally we came to sit on a bench in the middle of my hometown.
It was one hour after intake of the mushrooms, I didn't feel weird
anymore, I just saw alot of colors, Bas felt it good, Yur didn't feel
anything. After another half hour (11.45) James lit one of
his Joints, knowing that I should be at peak by now (not feeling
really weird) I decided to take some hits of the joint (that
amplifies the magic mushrooms). Then it started.

I was getting this REALLY weird stoned feeling and everything was
good and funny, I was tripping hardest, while Yur was just getting
stoned (turned out I am really intolorable to substances, weed included), Bas and James were doing just fine. I think it was
12.30 when we headed out to walk some more, I was still tripping
and felt little uncomforable walking around in the open, everyone
being able to see me acting weird. Eventually my friends wanted
to go to the macDonalds. I just couldn't bear that place, too
yellow, too open I had to get out. Luckily my friend Bas came with
me and we talked outside for a while. We went walking some more
and returned to see if the employee was gone, nope he fell asleep like a drunkard on the desk of the office, we had to return to our storage-hideout(2.00PM).

In the hideout I reached my peak, we had alot of fun talking w
about stuff, I was the only one still wasted on my mushroom, the
rest was stoned. Everything was just perfect untill, the door
swang open (we were sitting in the back of the appartment).
We were blinded by a flashlight (3.00), whoever entered shouted, Stop Police, the police made us come to them with our hands on our
heads when they began asking questions, I had alot of luck
snapping out of it, I don't think they noticed anything but some frightened boys. It turned out they thought we were squatters or
junkies, we also got lucky we didn't lock the appartment or they
would've kicked the door in (atleast I think they would've). One cop
searched through the storage but didn't notice any drugs or odd
stuff and he gave three cops backing him up the clear signal, they
holstered their guns. Bas was very bright had the perfect excuse
it's a bit complicated, I won't explain. They warned us and we were free to go.

At that moment my trip stopped, we made some fun outside with
weed (desperately trying to bring the mushroom trip back. At about
4 PM James left and we went to sleep in the storage, without blankets, a bed, or any comfort whatsoever (it was REALLY cold there).

That was the end of my first mushroom trip, quite an adventure.
I don't think I missed out on any details but if I did it's probably
forgetfullness, this really happened.

Bunny
03-26-2007, 12:36 PM
A friend of mine were on a lake, riding a jetski. He was driving and I was sitting behind him enjoying the scenery. He says "Hey, check this out. I'm gonna put this thing underwater." Now, most people would say "this is a bad idea" and stop at that. But not me. Oh no. I say "OKAY!" and we proceed to put a jetski underwater.

Now, for those of you watching at home, who have never ridden a jetski, these things are heavy. They are also dangerous. They will kill you if you are not careful.

I'm not exactly sure how the process worked, or how my friend even knew how to put it underwater, but he did. And it went. Roughly 10 seconds later, I was 20-25 feet away from the jetski. It had taken me ten seconds to float to the top of the lake so I could breath. Ten seconds with a life vest on. That is how deep I was underwater.

Both of us swam back to the jetski and got on, then started it and were about to go when his father came around the corner to get us for dinner. So lucky we did not die. So lucky we did not get caught.

And that is how I sank a jetski.