PDA

View Full Version : Hahha You want to shop and we won't let you!

Avarice-ness
03-24-2007, 04:27 PM
So I work and Macy's and such, and yeah we're doing really bad on sales so we can't really afford to have alot of people working like we used too.

Well ironically, the reason that sales are down is because the customers can never find an associate to check them out! Basically the stores broken up into thirds, and each third on a normal week day may have ONE to THREE associates at some point of the day. Or none, because sometimes we do this magic trick and you can't find us.
Then half the time, when someone does find one of us we get bombared so hard that we can't finish the job we started because we're not properly staffed!

THE STORES GOING IN SHAMBLES AND ENTERING THE STAGES OF DOOM! IT'S WONDERFUL!

Ahem
But anyways, Would you guys go shopping in a place that chances are your going to have to hunt down a person to check you out or help you or would you rather shop at a place that has people waiting at the register for you? And would the fact that there are no people to help you, make you decide to just not buy anything and go to another store with the same general stuff?

Or! To those who work, What's you're thoughts on understaffing?

escobert
03-24-2007, 04:34 PM
I'd like to have someone there at the register. I don't ever ask questions while shopping for clothes.

bipper
03-24-2007, 07:28 PM
I am horribly inept at shopping, so I need assistance. Most customers like to be served, from what I understand. So if your customer count is lacking, don't you increase service?

Well, I think the best you can do is boast your opinion on this, and perhapses take a survey if you want o get more proactive. I mean, I work at Great Clips headquarters and CS is always an important aspect of what any company does, and ignoring that seems very fruitless. There are always statistics of what people like, what they do not like, and other factoids flying around. A lot of money is often dumped into figuring out how to get a customer to choose your store. And to have all that fall out at the most obvious level seems straight up rediculous.

Unless of course, Macy's is taking the cooperate plunge for reasoning outside of our scope. Selling out, or pushing numbers down to increase awareness in a particular area. It is always hard to read into these things. I mean, look at Northwest airlines cooperate history, and you will know what I mean.

theundeadhero
03-24-2007, 08:47 PM
I don't really need help shopping for clothes. I learned how to zip my fly a long time ago. If it's down, it's because I want it to be. To me it's really annoying when a person is all like, you should try this or this or I think this would look good on you or what about this pair. Usually I tend not to like their suggestions at all and I feel bad for alwas turning them down :( I like it when they are at the cash register though.

Roto13
03-24-2007, 09:19 PM
I need all kinds of help when buying clothes.

*fails at gay*

Vikeve
03-24-2007, 09:22 PM
I just like it when the people are where they're supposed to be. I would prefer it if there were more people becuase all you got to do is that you don't need any help. And if you do there right there so no worries.

kikimm
03-24-2007, 09:34 PM
I don't really need help shopping for clothes. I learned how to zip my fly a long time ago. If it's down, it's because I want it to be. To me it's really annoying when a person is all like, you should try this or this or I think this would look good on you or what about this pair. Usually I tend not to like their suggestions at all and I feel bad for alwas turning them down :( I like it when they are at the cash register though.

Same here. I can't stand being talked to when I'm shopping. I just want to be left alone. I don't even like it when you first walk in and they say "HI HOW YOU DOING TODAY?" Ugh.

DarkLadyNyara
03-24-2007, 10:33 PM
I want there to be people I can go to if I need help, but it annoys the holy hell out of me when they hover. And if I have to hunt someone down to check out, I'm gonna be pissed, and likely decide to shop somewhere else.

Mitch
03-24-2007, 11:24 PM
Shop attendants are useful if I actually need to know something.

Other than that, I get annoyed with shop attendants talking to me.

Nominus Experse
03-24-2007, 11:40 PM
I am paying you money in part to simply sit at the counter - not talk to me.

Savern Volaco
03-24-2007, 11:48 PM
I don't shop for clothes, I shop for materials, plus if staff disappeared I would hunt them down, might make shopping fun.

Martyr
03-25-2007, 01:56 AM
I love it when cute young female shop attendants suggest all kinds of clothes which make them think I look good.
That's how I know that I'm about to walk out into the world as a man who can attract cute, young singles who need a cosmo/metrosexual man to keep them warm at night.

On the other hand, I have heard many talented champions of the business world scream out, "Don't hire for the rush!"
And that's exactly truthful. Hiring for the rush loses money.
But equally stupid is not having enough employees, or, worse, having inept employees.
It seems like Macys is trying to cut expenses by cutting employees. If it was a small business, I'd shout out, "lol! Bankruptcy!"

But I have a feeling that the big corporations will find a way to survive. Or maybe the thing just moves like a giant slug because of miscommunication and widespread unchained management, and is actually the process of appropriate hiring and business tactics.

41-Inches-Wide
03-25-2007, 03:08 AM
When I'm in a clothes store, I want those sales assistants to not notice me.
When I'm in a hardware store, I could use some help (I'm clueless)
When I'm in a toy store, I want you all out. Mine mine mine.