PDA

View Full Version : Problem on getting zodiark

isidro
03-25-2007, 12:55 AM
Umm ive got the 10 espers...when i go to yahara and talk to the dude he just says a lot of crap about the warchief blah blah..i read on some walkthrough that i had to do some hunt (mindflayer) but when i go to the guy that gives u the hunt...he says some crap about a monster...what the hell...

No.78
03-25-2007, 11:28 AM
Did you go accept the hunt from the board first? Sure you're talking to the right petitioner? Maybe you've already accepted both and it's waiting in the mines? *shrug*

isidro
03-25-2007, 06:37 PM
from the board? ...no i havent accepted the hunt and im asking the right people :confused:

Jerseymilk
03-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Yes you may be talking to the right contact, but you may need to talk with the "go-between" first. I'm assuming in this case Montblanc at the Hunters Guild. If it's an "Elite Mark", then the contract is arranged through the Hunter's Guild and you have to report to Montblanc first to get the info and accept the hunt. You should go back to Rabanastre and check with him.

silverjunky
03-29-2007, 12:17 PM
hey i have gotten zodiark, what you need to do is have all the other espersincluding ultima, then talk to the GEOMANCER in jahara and he will then unloka the door to the second area of the henne mines where you can go through to reach zodiark.
By the way big warning, the enemies in that second section of henne mines are probably the most dangerous in the game, i went back recently for my bestiary, and was at level 99 with maximillion armour and stuff and was still healing a lot. lol so go prepared with buffs and good armour.

plus zodiark is no pushover, tip: make sure you have a strong non elemnetal spell like scathe scourge, for when he puts up his paling when he is almost dead, i only had bio the first time i went for him and spent about two hours running around him trying to finish him off before he darkja'd me and managed to ko my last three party members *ouch* lol

Shiva_
03-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Have you done the mindflayer hunt? If not, then you need to accept it and get it out of the way first.

Here is some crucial advice, though, before you go on your way to get Zodiark. This is especially important if you're at a lower level.

First of all, do not bother going into the 2nd area of the mines at all without 3 Bowline Sashes, 3 Rubber Suits, and 3 Black Masks or Demon Shields. You won't need the Rubber Suits & Bowline Sashes at first. Basically, you will just need to make sure you have Sleepga, Curaja, and Esunaga. However, you WILL have to have those items I mentioned for when you approach the shaft part near the gates and also when going through a hallway section after that. There's a decent chance, though, that you may get mobbed near those gates. No need to waste turns giving items for certain ailments or doing unnecessary healing if you can use armor/accessories to avoid damage/ailments that you would otherwise be inflicted with. Anyway, from that hallway section, on the rest of the way to Zodiark, you will need to keep your Bowline Sashes on pretty much. Also, in the area before Zodiark, Disable can work well against most of the foes in there.

If you don't have the 3 Black Masks or Demon Shields that I suggested, I wouldn't even bother trying to take on Zodiark. His major attack can do up to 9999 damage. That's if it doesn't have that random automatic KO effect on your ally (his major attack has 1/2 chance of doing it).

In those mines, keep Bubble spell active at ALL times using your Self > Bubble gambits.

Rubber Suit - Provides Immunity to Thunder-based magic
Bowline Sash - Provides Immunity to Confusion
Black Mask - Absorbs Dark-based magic
Demon Shield - Absorbs Dark-based magic

isidro
03-31-2007, 09:26 PM
Umm im not asking how to beat him

Renmiri
04-01-2007, 03:21 AM
I loved the advice. Thaks Shiva!