PDA

View Full Version : How many of you ignore other ability slots?

chrisguapo69
03-25-2007, 02:10 AM
I was wondering if you keep your characters sole identity by passing on some ability slots??

Like for example I never have Wakka, Tidus, Rikku and Auron learn magic abilities. I've almost completed the entire sphere grid for some of my peeps and when I come accross some abilities for magic for the above 4, I just skip them. I'll take magic defense and stuff like that but no casting spells.

And for Yuna, Lulu and Khimari (yes my Khimari is a caster!), I don't let them learn any attack abilities including stuff like Zombie attack, dark attack, Mental break, etc, anything that has to do with hitting. These guys are pure casters.

I know I don't have to use those abilities if I don't want to but I'd rather have my peeps have tight identities and keep things simple. I wouldn't want to have to scroll down too much and avoid all the magic spells for example for Auron.

utelektr
03-25-2007, 02:12 AM
...you do realize that's not a good thing, right?

And it's Kimahri. =P

chrisguapo69
03-25-2007, 02:21 AM
yeah, well I wanted 3 casters to begin with and I couldn't find anyone more fit than Khimari. Auron is too macho, Tidus is too 'swash buckler', Wakka is too dumb, Rikku is to kiddish.

But Khimari is wise, mature, and he hangs around Yuna a lot! lol. And since the Ronso race have mostly physical warriors, I thought having a little caster Ronso would be interesting.

Don't get me wrong, Khimari is still strong as he hits 9,999 most of the time when needed. He just doesn't have any hitting abilities. So does Yuna! So far her physical attack damage potential is in the 6,000's. Her magic damage is in the 20,000 and above.

Nominus Experse
03-25-2007, 02:37 AM
Everyone gets Mug as soon as possible

And yes, seeing Yuna deal massive amounts of damage with her puny wand is LOL-worthy indeed. But I want and get it.

I like having clones.

So, no, to your question concerning whether or not I pass up or abstain from others' abilities.

Yliette
03-25-2007, 04:17 AM
I'd prioritize Tidus, Wakka and Rikku to deal 99,999 Magic damage, have Double Cast and One MP Cost and deal 99,999 damage all the time since those hree can go underwater.

Sain Cai
03-25-2007, 04:27 AM
for the most part I keep the people limited to their own sphere grids. Exception being I let Kimahri learn steal, so he can get the lvl 3 spheres

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
03-25-2007, 01:06 PM
at the start of the game they stay pretty unique. but by the end i just send everyone round the grid and get everything. why the hell not?

psyniac_123
03-25-2007, 02:02 PM
Clones but in all rounded sense, all the way.
(IE - everyone is always good at everything)

jammi567
03-25-2007, 02:48 PM
I definatly want to have clones

Mr. Revolution
03-25-2007, 06:16 PM
I maxed out the Sphere Grid for every character--Filled every node, maxed every stat, learned every ability. It's hilarious when Yuna one-hit overkills the final boss.

But aside from that, while traveling through the game, I think it's good to have characters with multiple abilities on hand. I like having my party members well-rounded.

Crossblades
03-25-2007, 09:06 PM
All of my party members learn their abilities in their respective grids. However, when I move them to other parts of the grid, I skip the abilities. I don't like having clones. I like my party members to be profficient in something(with the exception of Kimahri, I always make him learn Wakka's abilities.)

cally777
03-26-2007, 10:25 AM
I do skip some abilities but generally for practical reasons. If an ability is unnecessary and getting it would make a frequently used skill difficult to access (eg I'd have to scroll down to Steal for Rikku) then I leave it out. This requires planning who should have what, so not everybody needs bribe, spare change isnt very useful and so on.

However I have toyed with the idea of keeping things in character a bit. I don't like the idea of Auron stealing (beneath his dignity), and I ve deliberately kept Lulu's str down (though that was partly so she could use status effects and breaks without killing the target). It would be nice not to have clones anyway.

:choc::choc:

chrisguapo69
03-26-2007, 11:17 AM
yeah, my point exactly! There are a bunch of useless abilities and obtaining them would just make scrolling down a biTch. And before I add an ability I'd see if it was fit for the character. Just like you said, no stealing for Auron as well as Lulu, Yuna, Khimari.

I love the way my team is made up. Very simple. For example, when I made Khimari a caster, I went right away to the big guns like Firaga, Waterga, etc. None of those sissy spells like Fire, Water, etc.

That way I don't have to scroll through a lot of abilities for each character. Same thing I did with my hard-hitters. None of that casting crap. But unfortunately I haven't kept people's strength levels down for the casters. It's funny that Lulu's little doll can kick some butt with over 20,000 damage.

So since I'm still at 90 something hours I'll start passing on Strength for Yuna and Lulu while they're still not as strong as everybody else. Khimari will continue to get stronger though.

Mirage
03-26-2007, 03:09 PM
I don't skip abilities when I get to them.

Sain Cai
03-26-2007, 03:41 PM
Just like you said, no stealing for Auron as well as Lulu, Yuna, Khimari.

Kimahri stealing is probably more useful at early stages, since In the fight against Biran & Yenke, he can steal lvl 3 key spheres in abundance. I got over 10 in one fight (took a while granted)

Timster
03-26-2007, 04:08 PM
is it just me or is it REALLY funny to see Lulu hit for 99 999 damage...:bigsmile:

chrisguapo69
03-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Just like you said, no stealing for Auron as well as Lulu, Yuna, Khimari.

Kimahri stealing is probably more useful at early stages, since In the fight against Biran & Yenke, he can steal lvl 3 key spheres in abundance. I got over 10 in one fight (took a while granted)

That's true. But by the time I got to Mt. Gagazet, Kimahri was way too far for me to backtrack. Also I kinda got attached to my characters and stealing didn't seem to fit in the personality of Kimahri.

Also Lulu's little doll hitting 99,999 is a riot! Who needs Bahamut when you got the Onion Knight? lol.

No.78
03-26-2007, 10:15 PM
Leaving an ability unlearnt is madness!! MADNESS I SAY, I always aim to make everyone uber >.>

Sain Cai
03-27-2007, 07:17 AM
That's true. But by the time I got to Mt. Gagazet, Kimahri was way too far for me to backtrack. Also I kinda got attached to my characters and stealing didn't seem to fit in the personality of Kimahri.

Also Lulu's little doll hitting 99,999 is a riot! Who needs Bahamut when you got the Onion Knight? lol.

You should have a special sphere by then. Course you may have used it, but I always use it for Kimahri to learn steal. I know it is in Home somewhere.

chrisguapo69
03-27-2007, 04:19 PM

You should have a special sphere by then. Course you may have used it, but I always use it for Kimahri to learn steal. I know it is in Home somewhere.

I have a few friend spheres, return spheres etc but I don't want Kimahri to learn steal. It's not in his character to steal. (for me that is).

I have Rikku and Tidus who steals and Mugs. No one else.