PDA

View Full Version : Larsa.

Formalhaut
03-25-2007, 04:13 PM
Do you think Larsa has some sort of bond with penelo? I mean he protected her , and gave penelo someone to care about. Hmmmmm

Roto13
03-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Well, yes, I thought that was kind of obvious, really.

No.78
03-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Really? I didn't. I always thought he had a thing for Vaan, IMO

boys from the dwarf
03-25-2007, 09:55 PM
he was just being nice i'd imagine.

he cares for penelo and thats it.

i find it funny how people care so much about fictional relations. and at the slightest hint at least one person will make a *someone* loves *someone else* thing. it refelcts how some people seem to think about real couples.

but thats just me typing random thoughts.

SammieBabe
03-25-2007, 11:47 PM
I think he was hot for Penelo. And her and Vaan would be kinda gross, since she keeps saying he's like her brother...

Dr. Acula
03-26-2007, 07:43 AM
I think Larsa had a crush on Penelo... but I always thought she was more likely to be with Vaan.

Rostum
03-26-2007, 10:22 AM
I think Larsa had a crush on Penelo... but I always thought she was more likely to be with Vaan.

I tend to agree. In this game, love elements are only subtle. Just like how the whole Ashe and Balthier thing is.

But yeah, I always thought of Vaan and Penelo being together.

Jerseymilk
03-26-2007, 01:26 PM

I tend to agree. In this game, love elements are only subtle. Just like how the whole Ashe and Balthier thing is.

Sorry have to totally disagree with ya there. It's Fran and Balthier all the way.;)

Nominus Experse
03-26-2007, 01:35 PM
I am glad that this FF went for a much more subtle approach to the characters' love lives.

Garnie
03-26-2007, 01:49 PM
maybe he loves her and is not so gay after all

jessica85r
03-26-2007, 05:18 PM
At points he seems to be very friendly. At others it's like he's almost patronizing, like a noble speaking to a peasant. Note his attitude when he hands Penelo the Nethecite and how quickly he snatches it back.

Given that there is at least 1 sequal confirmed maybe what we're seeing in the begining of a later relationship. 4 - 5 years a big difference as teens, but not so much when you're older.

Hazzard
03-26-2007, 05:45 PM
He's rich why wouldn't she want him?

jessica85r
03-26-2007, 07:58 PM
The apparent lack of fashion sense.

Desert Merchant
03-27-2007, 12:51 AM
and the fact he has not reached puberty yet

Rostum
03-27-2007, 01:03 AM

Sorry have to totally disagree with ya there. It's Fran and Balthier all the way.;)

Have you been paying attention to the game at all? Or aren't you near the end?

Roto13
03-27-2007, 01:57 AM
Neither of them is in love with either of them. They just have a "bond" or whatever.

Jerseymilk
03-27-2007, 04:48 PM

Have you been paying attention to the game at all? Or aren't you near the end?

Oh I've paid complete attention and have finished. And my opinion still stands. You can interpret it either way. And that's my way. :)

Formalhaut
03-27-2007, 05:51 PM
<<<Thread-maker>>>

I would not say "crush" as such, but there is a friendship.

dragontamer
03-29-2007, 10:40 AM
IMO, i though it was vaan and ashe, not balthier. but i do thik that there is some bond between penelo and larsa.

silverjunky
03-29-2007, 11:33 AM
i cant say i have ever noticed anything between balthier and ashe at all . I think that is just reading into something which isnt there.However i thought it was fairly obvious that "something" was between fran and balthier even if it was only that they cared for each other a great deal.
And i dont think ashe and vaan had anything for each other except some kind of sympathy about losing loved ones ( ie rasler and reks)
Thats how i see it anyway.

Formalhaut
03-29-2007, 04:54 PM
Can we please stay on-topic please? Not being harsh but I would like to have this thread to stay on-topic.

dragontamer
04-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Soz!:D

Dynast-Kid
04-04-2007, 12:49 AM
Larsa and Penelo are MADLY in love! They are so in love, Squeenix couldn't squeal all of their love into the game!

It's true! I read it on fanfiction.net!

Dr. Acula
04-04-2007, 10:21 AM
Larsa and Penelo are MADLY in love! They are so in love, Squeenix couldn't squeal all of their love into the game!

It's true! I read it on fanfiction.net!

Lol. I'm still sticking with my Vaan and Penelo statement, but ok...

rikkugurl13
04-08-2007, 07:02 PM
Everyone knows larsa isn't a guy.He talks like a girl, looks like a girl.I think he evens fights like a girl.I think Penelo & Basch, Ashe & Vaan, Fran & Balthier.That's how that goes. As for Larsa.....

Gokalia
04-08-2007, 07:44 PM
i think larsa is a guy but the name does tend to be a bit more on the girl side but you never no,
ya i think he has a crush on penelo but penelo has a crush on Vaan but vaan might have a crush on ash or penelo.

Hazzard
04-08-2007, 10:38 PM
God, Larsa is a child going few puberty and he's a wonderful child. He doesn't look remotely like a female, and he just appears youthful, which he is. If you're young British and posh, it doesn't me that all of them are stereotypically and have a female voice. He don't fight too well though...

Renmiri
04-08-2007, 11:09 PM
I don't care as long as Basch stays single :love:

Kidding! If Ashe wasn't such a snob he and her would make a good couple

Gokalia
04-08-2007, 11:11 PM
Ya she wont except that it was his twin who betrayed them

rikkugurl13
04-09-2007, 07:52 PM
I don't care as long as Basch stays single :love:

Kidding! If Ashe wasn't such a snob he and her would make a good couple
Ashe isn't a snob! Although I'm only at Henne mines, Ashe isn't a snob.
I can see Basch with Fran.

dragontamer
04-12-2007, 12:56 PM
you can see them having a relationship? um, have you seen the ending of the game? you know, you tube and other websites should do it

jessica85r
04-14-2007, 04:26 AM
Actually I could see Basch and Fran working if they ever actualy talked to eachother. Both are the strong, loyal silent types. Probably no one else in the party but Penelo would notice they'd been dating. (Note what it takes ot get either of them to talk about personal stuff in the course of the game)

Hazzard
04-14-2007, 08:59 AM
You gotta point. I've never seen them two talk together, that's the only problem in XII. They hardly give you a damn about certain people in the party, look, here's who they usually prefer to talk to:

Balthier>>Fran, Ashe, Vaan, Basch
Vaan>>Penelo, Ashe, Basch, Balthier and Fran
Ashe>>Vaan, Balthier, Basch
Fran>>Balthier, Vaan and maybe Penelo
Penelo>>Vaan, Basch and tries to talk to others, but is sadly ignored
Basch>>Vaan, Balthier, Ashe, Penelo

Savannah
04-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Maybe, just maybe, none of the main characterse have to be in love with each other. :eek:

jessica85r
04-16-2007, 05:48 AM
Doesn't mean we can't talk about it.

Savannah
04-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Of course it doesn't. I'm just a bit surprised that, of all the things to think about in this game, someone wants to discuss whether or not there's a romantic connection between Penelo and Larsa.

jessica85r
04-25-2007, 04:05 AM
I took it more to be an attempt to understand the relationship that is there. Penelo being the character who spends the most time with Larsa, save perhapse for his brother.

There is something odd about Anime Fandome in that we tend to assume romantic relationships first.