PDA

View Full Version : Surprise!

Breine
03-25-2007, 04:31 PM
So, I had absolutely nothing to do this afternoon and therefore I decided to watch a movie. I couldn't find one in my own collection that I wanted to see, so I checked the collection of my parents and found "The Family Stone". I was all like "...sure, why not" and popped it in. After watching it I was pretty surprised because it was actually a decent movie, instead of just a mindless romantic comedy.

Anyway, now for the topic: Are there any movies that you at first thought would be bad, but after watching it actually ended up surprising you in a positive way?

Rocket Edge
03-26-2007, 01:18 AM
One movie that instantly comes to mind is Click (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0389860/).

I watched it expecting to see a mediocre comedy at best, because i thought the movie idea was a little silly, but what i got a was a brilliant film. It had great comedy, great storyline, & it had some real emotional bits too. I strongly recommend anyone to watch this film, if you haven't already.

eestlinc
03-26-2007, 08:24 AM
my mom spent a year or two trying to get me to watch Sling Blade, and I kept refusing because who the hell wants to see a movie recommended by your mom (and I was 16 or 17 at the time). But when I did watch it eventually, it was really good.