PDA

View Full Version : Which Final Fantasy Do You Want to be Remade?

psyniac_123
03-25-2007, 05:52 PM
They are a lot of people running around (especially after the PS3 Tech Demo) screaming about how much FFVII should be remade. I, however, disagree.
I think, if SE are to remake an old game (which they probably won't, they'll just carry on re-releasing the same titles again and again and again) it should be FFI-VI, and it should be 3D.
So, discuss; which FF would you want to see remade?
I'm thinking IV... it could be expanded so much and think of the beautiful and hilarious scenes; Cecil's transformation could look ace and Porom and Palom fighting with VOICE ACTING would be BRILLIANT.

Raebus
03-25-2007, 05:55 PM
I'll just come out with the good ol answer everyones expecting, just to get it over with:

Lol, what do u expect? I want ff 7 to b remade. Its so cooooool and sephirohps a bad as and dont forgt the deep story!!! FF7 fan forevr.

but really? I don't want any to be remade, I want NEW games instead of updated games with flashy graphics.

jammi567
03-25-2007, 06:59 PM
Definatly. And if any of the games before VII were to be re-made in 3-d, i think that they would lose their charm that made then so popular in the first place.

scrumpleberry
03-25-2007, 07:10 PM
If I had to pick one to remake, it would be VI. Graphics and the soundtrack sounding pretty could make it beautiful. As long as it doesn't look like the fmv's in the psx version...oh, the horrors! :eek:

FF_Chick
03-25-2007, 07:15 PM
I would pick FFVI just because I always imagined it to be in 3D. Also Airship travel would be cool, as well as Chocobo.

LoKuS
03-25-2007, 07:44 PM
VI would be the best, 3D as the world gets destroyed.

Darth Anarcus
03-25-2007, 08:24 PM
FF7 and FF8.

Dreddz
03-25-2007, 08:24 PM
VI or VII, VI would probably benefit more.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-25-2007, 09:16 PM
VI. Or Tactis for DS instead of PSP.

Zeromus_X
03-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Final Fantasy VII or Tactics. Mostly just so I can have a new translation...

Shiny
03-25-2007, 11:35 PM
Final Fantasy VI (for playstation 2) would be a nice remake. The graphics are outdated and the sound could use some remastering.

Psychotic
03-25-2007, 11:51 PM
Anything between and including IV and VII would be fantastic.

Griff
03-26-2007, 12:23 AM
FF1, mainly because I want to see how many takes it would take before the voice actor playing Garland can say "I will knock you all down" in a evil voice without breaking into laughter.

Martyr
03-26-2007, 12:37 AM

Takara
03-26-2007, 01:14 AM
Tactics, but on another platform than the PSP. Preferably one I own, too. *is le poor*

Though, I'd prefer if SE would release more old classics like Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana on the GBA or DS before doing any more remakes of old FF titles.

MikeL Valentine
03-26-2007, 08:07 PM
I would love to see FFVII, FFVIII and FFIX (my fav ones) remades, it would be awesome :cool:

silentenigma
03-26-2007, 10:34 PM
FFIV, as it is the oldest FF not to be remade as of yet.

jammi567
03-26-2007, 11:04 PM
Isn't it? correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't it re-made for the CBA way back in 2004/5?

The black mage
04-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Isn't it? correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't it re-made for the CBA way back in 2004/5?
No, it was remade for the GBA.

Realy i would like to see 3,4,5. remade on somthing like the PSP reason, I don't have a DS so i wouldn't need to by one to play FF3 and my GBA's broken.

I would like to see a full blowen FF1 remake in FF13 stlye grafics, imagen the Magic. And FF2, so they could expand on the plot a bit.

Hazzard
04-10-2007, 11:08 AM
Probably VII or IV. I would like to see Cecil break through his dark armor and emerge into some glowing Paladin, as well.

Bunny
04-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Final Fantasy X. Maybe this time they could make it good?

Dreddz
04-10-2007, 02:35 PM

What would Tactics really benefit from being on the DS. Its not like there an obvious way to implement touch screen functions, which would leave it with a stupid function that does absolutely nothing. Not much you can do on the PSP either but at least the screen is bigger which is kinda good.......I guess.

TyphoonThaReapa
04-10-2007, 03:53 PM
A'yo, VIII is the obvious choice. To me anyway...:rolleyes2

Renmiri
04-10-2007, 04:32 PM
X-2

Less estrogen this time please! :D

McLovin'
04-10-2007, 05:27 PM
I don't think Final Fantasy 8 should be remade as it was great on its own but remaking it would be nice. Some better graphics and such. Wouldn't mind the same with FF7.

So just those two. The SNES were fine in their formats.

Trance_Kuja
04-10-2007, 08:27 PM
VII and VIII with PS3 graphics would be godly. I am a huge fan of IX (my favourite game ever) however i mostly love it due to its charm and graphics so i wouldn't want it remade.

Hazzard
04-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Anything higher than IX would be stupid.

Alex151
04-11-2007, 02:33 AM
Anything higher than IX would be stupid.

at least for another 15 years, then once next-next-gen hits we'll scream for a 13 remake

I myself will go with the generic choice of 7. I loved 8 a lot but it was ahead of it's time graphic-wise. 7's graphics need much more improvement. After 7 I'd definitely love to see 8 remade, and I think I'd rather see a sequel for 9 rather than a remake.

Rase
04-11-2007, 08:19 AM
Since IV's my favorite and I'm selfish I'll say that one. :)

Mirage
04-11-2007, 08:26 AM
I think it's due time for a remake of FF1 for the PS2, and next year, for the PS3. Maybe the Xbox 360 too.

Wolf Kanno
04-11-2007, 09:26 AM

I second this... especially Tactics on the DS

They are a lot of people running around (especially after the PS3 Tech Demo) screaming about how much FFVII should be remade. I, however, disagree.
I think, if SE are to remake an old game (which they probably won't, they'll just carry on re-releasing the same titles again and again and again) it should be FFI-VI, and it should be 3D.
So, discuss; which FF would you want to see remade?
I'm thinking IV... it could be expanded so much and think of the beautiful and hilarious scenes; Cecil's transformation could look ace and Porom and Palom fighting with VOICE ACTING would be BRILLIANT.

I feel IV deserves it the most since it was the first character driven FF and I agree that seeing some of the classic scenes in 3D would be amazing...

They would have to remove everything and just start over from scratch, especially since fixing most of the problems with it would involve changing 98% of the game. First on the list should be the removal of Yuna from the storyline...

Kanshisha
04-11-2007, 09:51 AM
Yes agreed i suggest just to remake FF'S I-VI... the story scen for thos FF'S already rock the only thing they need is the same graphics as FFXII
and you'll find me addicted to those titles!:D

Hazzard
04-11-2007, 12:18 PM
Especially IV. I think it would resemble the whole scenery of XII, because I've noticed the many traits betwixt the two games.

Mercen-X
04-11-2007, 05:03 PM
The only question you need ask yourself is this: would you buy it?

If any FF was remade in the hi-tech displayed in the VII demo, would you spend close to 100$ to own it. Chances are that's how much it'd cost by the time they get around to it.

Well, okay. Of course their'll be a remake when money is involved and by then I'll have completely lost respect for the company that brought me such memorable times. Greed > Everything else.

Avarice-ness
04-11-2007, 06:20 PM
I am so for FFIV being remade in 3D with voices.

Nothing will make me happier than actually hearing the words "YOU SPOONY BARD!" :razz:

Bunny
04-11-2007, 06:31 PM

They would have to remove everything and just start over from scratch, especially since fixing most of the problems with it would involve changing 98% of the game. First on the list should be the removal of Yuna from the storyline...

We can remake it! We have the technology. Better, faster, not as boring.

Mirage
04-11-2007, 06:45 PM

Nothing will make me happier than actually hearing the words "YOU SPOONY BARD!" :razz:

Go away Tedius Zanarukando.

Comet
04-11-2007, 11:35 PM
FF8 as SE haven't made any sequels or spinoffs (FF7: Dirge of Cerberus, anyone?) and I'm sure the fans would love it.

Wolf Kanno
04-12-2007, 09:43 AM

We can remake it! We have the technology. Better, faster, not as boring.

We would have to make sure that Nojima doesn't get near it since he only writes bad plots...

Definetly needs real dungeons and areas to explore... basically it needs to be more than a interactive soap opera. Also, let's remove blitzball on the ground that it sucks.

The Crystal
04-12-2007, 10:19 AM
I will be killed because of this but... FFVII.

Why?
"Sephiroth jumped in the Mako" "No, Cloud threw him in it"
"Zirconiade almost destroyed the world in BC" "If that happened, why no one talked about it in FFVII?"
"Hojo injected himself with J-cells because he wanted to become one with Omega" "Wrong, he never mentioned this in FFVII"
etc...

They need to remake it, to fix the plot-holes and retcons.

And because the graphics make everything appear to be made of Lego.

Griff
04-12-2007, 09:52 PM
I will be killed because of this but... FFVII.

Why?
"Sephiroth jumped in the Mako" "No, Cloud threw him in it"
"Zirconiade almost destroyed the world in BC" "If that happened, why no one talked about it in FFVII?"
"Hojo injected himself with J-cells because he wanted to become one with Omega" "Wrong, he never mentioned this in FFVII"
etc...

They need to remake it, to fix the plot-holes and retcons.

And because the graphics make everything appear to be made of Lego.

This is the first valid argument I have seen for an FFVII remake. Ever!

Hazzard
04-12-2007, 09:55 PM
What's the problem Crystal, I totally agree with you, you're just trying to make VII better, which I want too.

Rocket Edge
04-12-2007, 11:24 PM
VIII. I would love it, although doing so could both be risky, & taint my love for the game.

Mercen-X
04-12-2007, 11:28 PM
This is the first valid argument I have seen for an FFVII remake. Ever!

Agreed.

Zora
04-13-2007, 01:25 AM
Seven or six honestly. I-VI are MUCH better but VII just had far too many problems, 90% of them which could be fixed via remake. VI deserves the remake more, but VII needs a remake more. You understand my drift...

KentaRawr!
04-13-2007, 01:49 AM
7 would be nice, to make the story more clear as said before.

FF1 is almost born to be FF12 style, but sadly, I think it ran out of its allowed amount of re-releases.

FF2 would be nice as well, to make it not suck.

Comet
04-13-2007, 02:34 AM
What's the problem Crystal, I totally agree with you, you're just trying to make VII better, which I want too.

Griff was agreeing with The Crystal, he wasn't opposing her statement.

Lawr
04-13-2007, 02:43 AM
Final Fantasy One and Final Fantasy Four.

Yuffie514
04-13-2007, 05:49 AM
Final Fantasy VIII, IMO. don't forget to include:

- a collection of FMVs.
- a collection of music.
- ability to customize windows.

The Crystal
04-13-2007, 07:54 AM

I'm a guy.

Hazzard
04-13-2007, 08:53 AM

Nobody said Griff was opposing anyone's statement. I said that I agreed with Crystal, and why would anyone look down on what he said.

Mercen-X
04-13-2007, 09:00 PM
Y'all're off-topic.

Comet
04-13-2007, 09:07 PM
So why bring it up Hazzard?

Hazzard
04-13-2007, 09:51 PM
So why bring it up Hazzard?

Now this is what you call hypocrisy, and going off topic. :rolleyes2

I wouldn't agree with X being remade, due to the fact that it would be such a waste of time.

Mercen-X
04-16-2007, 09:54 PM
By the way...

So why bring it up Hazzard?You started it

Griff was agreeing with The Crystal, he wasn't opposing her statement.here.
What's the problem Crystal, I totally agree with you, you're just trying to make VII better, which I want too.Hazzard

I will be killed because of this but... FFVII.was responding to this.

Just so you know.

All FFs VII and back should be remade. There's nothing to discuss.

I'll do it for'em, if they want.

psyniac_123
04-16-2007, 10:21 PM
I'm happy to see that my topic got so much (eventual) feedback!
And OH MY GOD. I have read "WHEN THEY REMAKE FFVII" on so many topics today, most unrelated to FFVII. But this one has made me scream in agony and mash my brains in with a nice headesk. THANK YOU.

But at the moment I'm kind of against VII onwards remakes, and want to see some oldschool touchups. But in time, sure.

Unfortunately, however, FFVII is the most likely to be remade.
Can you say "cash cow"?

Dr. Acula
04-17-2007, 11:48 AM

I wonder what that line would sound like...

Hazzard
04-17-2007, 12:23 PM
I think that line would sound like crap, think about it: Some old man forcing the lines out, and trying to make it sound funny? You really think that would gain ratings? Nah, I love the line but it might be messed up with voice actors.

Totally_obsessed
04-18-2007, 02:16 PM
FF VII, absolutely. I've been waiting on the edge of my seat for Advent Children to finally come out, and I can only hope it's as good as the movie. Which was totally fricken awesome! Even on the old game it was the storyline that stood out most, and despite the poor graphics, you couldnt help but get inside the game. It was a great game, and when Advent Children came out the storyline just seemed a little more real. I'm glad they went with a younger, Cid, though.

Raebus
04-18-2007, 02:56 PM
when Advent Children came out the storyline just seemed a little more real.

How did it seem more real? I'm actually curious now and really want to know.

Hazzard
04-18-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm glad they went with a younger, Cid, though.

That was the worst thing. When since was Cid some fuddy duddy young kid. He's supposed to look ragged, not groomed!

They also made him some fat, lazy, computer geek on KH2
Let's not make him suffer anymore...

psyniac_123
04-20-2007, 03:41 PM
FF VII, absolutely. I've been waiting on the edge of my seat for Advent Children to finally come out, and I can only hope it's as good as the movie.
Advent Children IS out. It's the movie O.o

I'm glad they went with a younger, Cid, though.
... In AC? Um. He's two years OLDER.