PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Spider-Man

The Fat Bioware Nerd
03-25-2007, 09:45 PM
What do you think of Ultimate Spider-Man? I like this game it's pretty fun the only thing that bothers me is the fact that you can't travel everywhere because different areas of the city have to be unlocked before you can actually go there. Also I wish the sky in the game could change from day to night like in Spider-Man 2.

boys from the dwarf
03-25-2007, 09:57 PM
i't does change from day to night but i think that might only be when you complete the game. its a worthwhile game to play and its very fun. some chases (venom chasing electro) are annoying but its a good game. i think i prefer spiderman 2.

this has just made me think. after the spiderman 3 movie, they will almost certainly make the spiderman 3 game.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
03-25-2007, 10:04 PM
of course there is a game, they even have trailers for it

Roto13
03-25-2007, 10:50 PM
I rented this not long ago. It was pretty cool. The actual missions suck, but web slinging around Manhattan is more fun than driving around Vice City.

Ryth
03-25-2007, 11:01 PM
this has just made me think. after the spiderman 3 movie, they will almost certainly make the spiderman 3 game.

You sir, are a genius.

I rented this game, and Roto pretty much summed it up. Missions were usually lackluster, web-slinging was fun.

GF_Diablos
03-26-2007, 11:53 AM
I enjoyed it too, I hated the Venom chase missions, just :skull::skull::skull::skull:.

Roto13
03-26-2007, 09:37 PM
I enjoyed it too, I hated the Venom chase missions, just :skull::skull::skull::skull:.

The chase missions were kind of a pain anyway. Though I liked the dialog when Silver Sable is kidnapped by Venom.

"Crazy Silver hotty threaten my family? I should LET Venom eat her!"

Tee hee. Too bad I had to hear it about fifty times.

Ishin Ookami
03-27-2007, 03:15 PM
What do you think of Ultimate Spider-Man? I like this game it's pretty fun the only thing that bothers me is the fact that you can't travel everywhere because different areas of the city have to be unlocked before you can actually go there. Also I wish the sky in the game could change from day to night like in Spider-Man 2.

As far as presentation values, and storytelling and extra's go, Ultimate Spider Man is the better game. But for sheer gameplay bliss, Spider-man 2 is a webslinging master. I sold USM shortly after buying it, cuz I got bored of it. SM2 I still pop into my PS2 from time to time just to get my webslinging kicks in.

Hazzard
03-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Three short statements by Hazzard:

It was short, crap and lacked greatly in storyline

The Fat Bioware Nerd
04-10-2007, 12:02 AM
I just completed Ultimate Spider-Man yesterday, the ending is alright but some of the dialogue is copied from The Empire Strikes Back.

Mary Jane: I love you.

Peter: I know.

Slothy
04-10-2007, 12:19 AM
Three short statements by Hazzard:

It was short, crap and lacked greatly in storyline

Twas short, but I still liked the gameplay (I realize it's supposed to be like a watered down Spider-Man 2 in the webslinging department, but I never actually played SM2 so I didn't notice). The storyline did lack, but I think most of that had to do with the fact that it's supposed to eventually (though it hasn't yet) tie into the comics. Unfortunately, that means they probably limited just how much Bendis could do for the games story, since not everyone picking up the comics is going to play the game, and they can't be left totally lost story wise. It kind of sucks, but what they were able to go into some depth with I really enjoyed, though I think a fan of the comics gets more out of it than someone who isn't probably.