PDA

View Full Version : Top Ramen III

Fonzie
03-26-2007, 12:34 AM
This thread is once again back!

What's your favorite ramen? Do you have any secrets to making it tastier? Are babies delicious?

My favorite ramen has to be Pork flavor. I usually crack an egg into the boiling water before I put the ramen into it. Yummm :love:

Tasura
03-26-2007, 12:38 AM
Chicken.

I usually cook it in the microwave, put the solid block in a big bowl, add hot water, nuke it for 3 minutes, drain it, leaving enough water for the broth, add the chicken flavor, then paprika and chili powder, mix, then put sliced cheddar on top and put it in the microwave for another minute, then sprinkle bacon bits on top, the melted cheese mixes with the chili powder water and makes a spicy cheese sauce that coats almost all the noddles.

All these damn food threads are making me hungry >_<

Dr Aum
03-26-2007, 12:48 AM
Any flavor is fine, and I too like to put egg into my ramen.

Shoeberto
03-26-2007, 01:08 AM
I tried mixing cheese into my ramen once and it was disastrous.

I don't think I have a liking for one flavor over another. They all taste the same to me.

41-Inches-Wide
03-26-2007, 01:27 AM
SEAFOOD!
I need anything that looks like it has crab meat on it.

Diango12
03-26-2007, 01:41 AM
I've eaten raman so much it all tastes the same to me now :yuck:

Lynx
03-26-2007, 01:57 AM
shrimp flavored has got to be my favorite

Xaven
03-26-2007, 02:20 AM
Oriental is nice.

I eat it uncooked with the power shaken on top.

Momiji
03-26-2007, 02:30 AM
I tried mixing cheese into my ramen once and it was disastrous.

I don't think I have a liking for one flavor over another. They all taste the same to me.

I did the same.

As for me, I like the shrimp flavor or the cheese flavored one.

oddler
03-26-2007, 02:30 AM
Chicken.

More importantly, how do you pronounce the word ramen? :)

Fonzie
03-26-2007, 02:32 AM
Chicken.

Raw-Men I think.

oddler
03-26-2007, 02:36 AM
Chicken.

Raw-Men I think.

I concur.

Ben
03-26-2007, 02:37 AM
Chicken.

Raw-Men I think.

I think thats correct. Its either the brand I'm buying is a scam, or Its just me. 'Cause all of it tastes the same. I cook it the way the package says, but I think I'll try putting some other things in it.

Leen-Leen
03-26-2007, 02:50 AM
I like any flavor :D And actually, I do the same thing. I put an egg in the ramen. It makes it magically delicious!

Holy Lancer
03-26-2007, 02:54 AM
Chicken I eat it almost every day. The most I ever had in a day I think was 6. I used to eat mushrooms. I hate real mushrooms but it had a different taste. I don't know. The beef flavor is sick. yuck.

sirMAXX
03-26-2007, 03:03 AM
beef or chicken

add seasoning to cooked noodles, drain into a mug for drinking later, in a pasta plate dump the noodles over a generous helping of some kind of vegetable medley with a spoonful of butter, stir and salt to taste

or

crumble uncooked noodles in package before cooking, add unseasoned cooked noodles and cooked peas with corn onto a hot skillet with butter and an egg (or two), stir and serv.
If your feeling adventurous brown long thin slices of beef or cubed pork before adding noodles and omit veggies.

Yuffie514
03-26-2007, 06:12 AM
i like this Thai brand of noodles called Mama and also Nissin's Top Ramen (in which i like most flavors).

blackmage_nuke
03-26-2007, 07:28 AM
Chicken.

More importantly, how do you pronounce the word ramen? :)gung zai min :p

I dont have a favourite flavour but i like to put the meat of whatever flavour it is inside, prawn and pork have yeilded the best results so far.
Lettuce is sometimes nice but not too much

Diango12
03-26-2007, 07:43 AM
But more importantly is HOW you cook the Ramen. For example placing it in the microwave is a sure fast way of getting hot noodles to that door in your head but its very inefficient and pretty much slops the noodles in to much or to little tempeture. Boiling it is a lot safer but is no way a solution.

The way I make mine is to first boil the water then pour it into the Ramen cup or bowl or whatever package it comes in. This leaves the noodles hard and edible and at the same time makes for a real Ramen treat!

escobert
03-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Chicken of course silly. microwave is leet. and no extra flavor.

Nominus Experse
03-26-2007, 11:13 AM
I enjoy the spicy variation of chicken with added rice with a fine egg companion.

Bunny
03-26-2007, 12:26 PM
The kind you eat.

Shlup
03-26-2007, 09:39 PM
Chicken ramen is the bestest. I cook the noodles, mostly drain them, and then, along with the flavor, add an egg and cook it on low for a few seconds. It's delicious.

Vikeve
03-27-2007, 12:51 AM
Oriental is my favorite. I haven't had it in a while.

Xaven
03-27-2007, 01:02 AM
As for me, I like the shrimp flavor or the cheese flavored one.
Never ever eat the shrimp flavor uncooked. I (who eats out of trashcans, mind you) almost vomited. :P

drain into a mug for drinking later
Ewwwww. Sodium much?

I've never tried the egg thing. I'll do that tonight.