PDA

View Full Version : So what is so great about Auron

Eiko Guy
03-26-2007, 04:55 AM
First off please dont assume about how I feel about any of the characters, or how I prefer them. So I have played this game and I never really saw anything good from Auron. I have gone through Games where I never use him unless it is absoutely necessary. He hides so much information from theparty that could have helped them along the journey. He had gone through so many of the challenges and just let his party suffer without giving advice that could end it quickly. So please tell me what makes Auron so great

Holy Lancer
03-26-2007, 05:08 AM
What so great about Auron? Well besides the sunglasses, umm, samurais pwn. He is very useful too because he hits high.

Zeromus_X
03-26-2007, 05:10 AM
He's the 'silent badass' character archetype. And he's quite good at it. Besides his character, he is a very useful character in battle, he has very high HP and attack power (Wakka and him were the first of my characters to hit the damage cap), and his Samurai 'Break' skills are very useful. I believe it was Tavrobel or someone else who said that 'using Auron = easy mode' or something along those lines.

farplaner
03-26-2007, 10:24 AM
First off please dont assume about how I feel about any of the characters, or how I prefer them. So I have played this game and I never really saw anything good from Auron. I have gone through Games where I never use him unless it is absoutely necessary. He hides so much information from theparty that could have helped them along the journey. He had gone through so many of the challenges and just let his party suffer without giving advice that could end it quickly. So please tell me what makes Auron so great

Auron's my favorite character (which I realize is becoming painfully obvious considering my posts in here, of late.). As for playability, yeah, he's strong to start and his piercing ability is very useful early on, not to mention his breaks.

As for his character, he has good reason for revealing what he does and hiding what he does. Wiseman know: "sometimes the only way to learn is to experience a thing yourself." Do you think the party would have continued to Zanarkand, confronted Yunalesca, and ended Sin's cycle if they had known that the final Aeon would have to be one of them.

cally777
03-26-2007, 10:58 AM
I like Auron for all the usual reasons that he is a cool bad-ass character with some great lines, predictable I know. He's also a pretty good fighter, though I wish they'd made him a bit speedier sometimes.

Still I think outlaw's point that he could have said more holds up. What about all the summoners who may have died pointlessly in the ten years that he kept schtum? He does seem to delight in being mysterious for its own sake when telling the truth might have worked better. The Yevon priesthood made it easy for him by outlawing Yuna's party, so that they were ready to doubt everything they'd been taught. Otherwise they might even have listened to Yunalesca.

:choc::choc::choc:

TyphoonThaReapa
03-26-2007, 02:50 PM
A'yo, Auron is a fool son! He has the best character in the game, has a high physical attack power and HP. And his technique are tight. Auron's the :skull::skull::skull::skull: in this game.

Sain Cai
03-26-2007, 03:46 PM
Well although Auron does hit for power, he misses at targets more frequently then say Tidus or Wakka (flying and agile creatures)

I use Auron in certain walkthroughs when I want the "Second Generation" of pilgrimages. Yuna, since she was Braska's daughter, Tidus, for Jechts Kid, and well....Auron, just older.

Levian
03-26-2007, 04:58 PM
I never cared much for Auron either, except in battles. I guess it's the whole "I'm better than you" attitude he's got going on. I don't really like the silent badass characters in games, or anywhere else for that matter. It just looks forced.

rubah
03-26-2007, 05:36 PM
I like auron because he is very hot.

No.78
03-26-2007, 06:30 PM
He's dark and mysterious and has a big sword and is powerful when you first get him and has sunglasses and is actually DEAD and he seems to know everything and stuff.

TyphoonThaReapa
03-26-2007, 06:37 PM

Hold on now. Keep your cloths on...

Hazzard
03-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Auron...Where can i begin. He was the first real character to ever enlighten me into being an FF fan. All because of his silent, wise attitude. The basic definition of him is that: 'He is but a man of few words...'. I cannot stress the fact how much he helped me in difficult situation and i can relate to why the people of Spira had so much respect for this honorable man. His katana and style symbolizes his actual character if I'm right. He's powerful, confident and straight to the point--he is also mysterious, but a guide to all people in times of need, even though he speaks of short puzzled words.
Auron is the link in the whole game for me, and he's the sort of guy who's been there and done it. There's no doubt that this guy is the best in the series, in my opinion and he deserves a lot of recognition.

R.I.P Auron

ReloadPsi
03-27-2007, 01:33 AM
In a word: Meatshield.

In three words: Cool, badass meatshield.

As soon as Auron learns Sentinel, several of the fights become much easier. His Celestial Weapon is even designed with meatshielding in mind: It has First Strike and Counter Attack on it, meaning that even in an ambush, he can just use Sentinel and nobody gets hurt because his HP and Defense are so high. The Masamune gets stronger the more HP he loses, so his poor Evasion finally becomes his saving grace, making him even stronger. Also, because of all that, there's a good chance he'll murder everything before your other party members get a turn, obviously saving you some time and potentially some MP (but, if you play the way I do, this can be a little frustrating).

But that's only once you power the damned Masamune up. Until then, he's just a meatshield. Armour and Mental Break come in handy too, but you only normally need to use those once each per battle, if at all; after that it's back to using Guard/Sentinel while Yuna casts Protect on him for extra awesomeness.

Eiko Guy
03-27-2007, 04:39 AM
I still dont see it sometimes it seems like he is playing the group into his hand. It seemed like he made it to where Yuna couldn't give up so she could get to Yunalesca so he could get his revenge. He knew that they would need a final aeon and he did nothing to comfort them so if they were chosen they could do it with no regrets. He made it to where they would be outraged so they would fight Yunalesca. To me that's shady.

farplaner
03-27-2007, 06:42 AM
I still dont see it sometimes it seems like he is playing the group into his hand. It seemed like he made it to where Yuna couldn't give up so she could get to Yunalesca so he could get his revenge. He knew that they would need a final aeon and he did nothing to comfort them so if they were chosen they could do it with no regrets. He made it to where they would be outraged so they would fight Yunalesca. To me that's shady.

Maybe he wouldn't pass an ethics exam, but he did what he had to do in order to get the job done. It's not like he dragged Yuna or anyone else along the way. He was persuasive, yes, but everyone had a choice. And the reason they fought Yunalesca is because Yuna refused to sacrifice one of her friends, and everyone knew that had they proceeded with the normal road, Sin would just reappear. I think

If you think Auron wanted revenge against Yunalesca, I think you misread his intentions.

Think about how much he had been through. Ten years ago he was an idealistic youth who ends up losing what became the two people closest to him- Braska and Jecht. His initial reaction was revenge (understandably). Remember, Braska's party had to learn the hard lesson about the final aeon too, which is why I think Auron wanted a way to end the cycle. He knew that if he could show the party what was really going on, they would see the light, which they did.

...I don't think my ideas are very pointed, but hopefully you get my meaning.

Hazzard
03-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Farplaner, i get what your saying.
By the way as Auron has said like 100 times in X--'This is your story, and you decide how it develops'. This sums it all up to the fact that Auron will keep out of life changing decisions, and has already stated that he will stay obliged to his words.
I think this is a wise and very memorable quote by Auron, and can even have some sense of great morality about it, by saying that you shouldn't be swayed by others and it's really your own personal story to decide every chapter you come upon in your life.

That is why he's my most best character in all games i played so far!

Remedy
03-28-2007, 01:09 PM
unsent dead man - Good enough ^^

lordbolton
03-30-2007, 12:26 AM
I like Auron because, c'mon it's Auron! He dos the most damage he looks like a total badass and hes kind of like the guy who tells the party what to do. Auron rules. Period. End of story. End of chapter. End of book. End of library section. End of library. This is final.

The Majestic
03-30-2007, 12:32 AM
Auron is awesome man, if it wasent for him I would of never been able to beat yunalesca or braska's final aeon I mean this guy is amazin and his last quote he leaves before fighting yu yevon is incredible I mean he saves the team quite alot of times dont you think

4evarisha
03-30-2007, 05:53 AM
I find Auron okay he is not the bizzom.

Hazzard
03-30-2007, 04:33 PM
I find Auron okay he is not the bizzom.

CORRECTION= He is the Bizzom!;)

Eiko Guy
03-31-2007, 09:21 PM
You guys are prasing Auron for something that Tidus changed more than anyone.
When everyone knew Yuna was ging to die so Tidus was the one looking for a way to make her live. i believe that if auron wasn't there they still would have fought and beat yunalesca. But if Tidus wasn't there I believe yuna would have no shining light to rely on and given in and made a final aeon.

Ok so lets go back to macalania the kiss. That gave her strength to go on. Auron did nothing that i remember that would give her a whole lot of strength. I remember Auron saying "This is your story, and you decide how it develops" I remember Tidus taking it a step further. By making it known that he wouldn't let any harm come to yuna. I just don't see how he did more than make them feel the sorrow to its fullest only so they would fight back in the end.

Hazzard
03-31-2007, 09:45 PM
You guys are prasing Auron for something that Tidus changed more than anyone.
When everyone knew Yuna was ging to die so Tidus was the one looking for a way to make her live. i believe that if auron wasn't there they still would have fought and beat yunalesca. But if Tidus wasn't there I believe yuna would have no shining light to rely on and given in and made a final aeon.

Ok so lets go back to macalania the kiss. That gave her strength to go on. Auron did nothing that i remember that would give her a whole lot of strength. I remember Auron saying "This is your story, and you decide how it develops" I remember Tidus taking it a step further. By making it known that he wouldn't let any harm come to yuna. I just don't see how he did more than make them feel the sorrow to its fullest only so they would fight back in the end.

Tidus was in love with her. Auron was her guardian. There's a huge difference between the two, and if Auron was ever to tell the group the certain situations they would have to endure and the truth that he died because of Sin; that would of scared them off, and someone like Rikku would of got even more paranoid and Yuna probably wouldn't of fought and destroy Sin. Tidus was always there to just comfort Yuna, and Auron always gave his utmost strength to protect and guard Yuna.

He says often, that people have their own stories and that is true. His job was to guard Yuna, and that was it--He didn't have to do anything for these pilgrim's, because he should actually be resting as a dead guy. He came back and put his life on the line again, and just watched the story unfold. It was not his place to meddle in any of their life changing moments. Why? Because he shouldn't of been there in the first place.

Plus if you're insinuating that Auron never looked for a way to make Yuna live, then you're utterly wrong and mistaken. He was the one who prompted and ordered the group to attack Yunalesca and stop the cycle. It wasn't Tidus, cause he was just watching at that stage. Auron released his emotions and the memories of the past; when he witnessed Jecht and his dear friend Braska, sacrifice their lives for Spira. He decided at that point that he would not let the same thing happen. He also went against his own rule about not meddling with other people's stories and created a new path by challenging Yunalesca with the group, and exterminating her.

If you think about it. Yuna would of went through with the whole final aeon dilemna, if Auron didn't speak his opinion. In consequence, it probably would of been Tidus being chosen as the aeon. So Auron is probably the most dynamic; most important and the main man in Final Fantasy X. In my opinion.

Lynx
03-31-2007, 09:54 PM
idk whenever i brought Auron into battle there was like a sense of im going to win this battle. useing telport spheres and things made it easy to get quick hit which greatly helps with his speed problems.

storywise. theres no doubt he wasnt the main character. but you can see him the hero of this story. he rode sin through time and met tidus and basically watched over him. you can even see things auron did to motivate tidus. when you see the flashback and auron says "your team lost because of you". auron also was not out for revenge against yunalesca alone. i think he wanted to find a way around calling the final aeon and thats why he didnt let himself get sent and even after yunalesca he continued with them. i think more then anything he thought he needed to be there when and if they find jecht.

farplaner
04-01-2007, 06:45 AM
OK, starwind, but remember that in the beginning Tidus had no intentions of going on any crusade. Auron was the one who convinced him that he would only get the answers he sought if he followed Auron. Auron helped Tidus a lot by recounting his experiences with Jecht. In Macalania, after the sphere battle, Auron expressed to Tidus what Jecht never could- that Jecht loved him. Without Auron, Tidus would most likely never have gotten in the position to be such a help to Yuna.

Hazzard
04-01-2007, 01:47 PM
So Auron's the main man. The main link. The main guide in FINAL FANTASY X. Like i said before.

4evarisha
04-02-2007, 03:31 AM
Auron is a guardian but I belive this story is more about Tidus and Yuna.
I hope it was about Lulu too she was a great characters I love her dolls and her black magics.

Shadow8017
04-02-2007, 05:44 AM
umm?.... he keeps one of his arms tucked inside his garmet because he's too cool to make use of both his arms. How could that get more awesome?

Hazzard
04-02-2007, 09:59 AM
umm?.... he keeps one of his arms tucked inside his garmet because he's too cool to make use of both his arms. How could that get more awesome?

Perfect example. :)

Holy Lancer
04-03-2007, 04:44 PM
I forgot to say that he is a Zombie PIMP. He was a real badass one too look at the way he accepted his end after Yu Yevon. He even got sent in style.

The Majestic
04-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Hey people your also forgetting the fact that if it wasent for auron bringing tiddus to sin in the beggining he would of never got to besaid island or anything else, he would remain a dream casted away from the fayths. I think thats a good reason. so the credit should go for auron becuase he is the one who basically leads tiddus to his adventure or his story.

Hazzard
04-03-2007, 05:23 PM
That's been said already.

Trance_Kuja
04-03-2007, 05:47 PM
The question is what is not great about Auron, i can't think of anything.

The Majestic
04-03-2007, 05:52 PM
Oh whoops, its been said already. I dident see it sorry :)

Ya I cant think of anything thats not great about auron

Holy Lancer
04-03-2007, 06:02 PM

He tucks his arm away because he injured it fighting Yunalesca I believe.

farplaner
04-03-2007, 09:44 PM

He tucks his arm away because he injured it fighting Yunalesca I believe.

Yeah, he was injured, but the whole "armrest jacket" maneuver is a Samaurai thing. You can see people doing it in the old movies.

Hazzard
04-04-2007, 12:20 AM
The injury obviously weren't too severe because he still can function it well, but I just think he does it for the overall ratings and style.
It's fairly clear that Square.Enix set out to make Auron the best character in Final Fantasy, because he's the first ever samarai. They make sure he has a very humble and matured personality. He never acts rash or doesn't think things through. His battling skills a admirable and fantastic. He wears the traditional outfit for a samarai (the whole cloak thing and not to mention the unseeing ponytail).

They loved this guy, and i bet people in Japan have fallen in love with him as well.

Holy Lancer
04-04-2007, 02:34 AM
The injury obviously weren't too severe because he still can function it well, but I just think he does it for the overall ratings and style.
It's fairly clear that Square.Enix set out to make Auron the best character in Final Fantasy, because he's the first ever samarai. They make sure he has a very humble and matured personality. He never acts rash or doesn't think things through. His battling skills a admirable and fantastic. He wears the traditional outfit for a samarai (the whole cloak thing and not to mention the unseeing ponytail).

They loved this guy, and i bet people in Japan have fallen in love with him as well.

First ever samurai? What are you talking about? Cyan from FF6 was a samurai.

Hazzard
04-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Oh, I haven't played that game in the series yet.
But you get my drift anyway?

Trance_Kuja
04-04-2007, 10:50 PM
Arm means that he lost his master. It is fact that is what it means.

Eiko Guy
04-29-2007, 04:43 AM
I see he has helped do things. He has a purpose but seriously hes not that dynamic to me. he never interested me into talking o him. He always had the same thing to say. Not that it wasnt helpful its just that it was boring.

Cookie
04-29-2007, 04:49 AM
k right look, first off, he's got a massive sword, jackpot. Second, he's dead, and yet, not dead. That should probably be in spoiler tags but oh well. Final point, he helped own a world massacring whale of epic proportions. Not once, TWICE.

Also, I find it funny that Hazzard uses a Cyan picture for an avatar, considering his posts up there.

Moon Rabbits
04-29-2007, 04:58 AM

Yeah pretty much.

Setzer Gabianni
04-29-2007, 05:29 PM
I have nothing else to add apart from the fact he has the best VA out the group. FTW.

Renmiri
04-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Auron rules and he is not whiny!!1 :love:

Vivisteiner
04-29-2007, 08:30 PM
Auron is really strong for throughout the storyline...

And he's uber, uber cool. Hes like the tough, secretive, wise guy.

Hazzard
05-05-2007, 05:19 PM
Also, I find it funny that Hazzard uses a Cyan picture for an avatar, considering his posts up there.

LOL. Well, I only started using him after the mess up in the whole server thing, and before that I didn't know who the heck he was, so yah, that's my explanation.

samboo1
05-31-2007, 05:00 PM
He's just cool. Slick and casual.

My friend even named her fish after him.

Peter_20
06-07-2007, 11:03 AM
He has sky-high HP, he's 100% stronger than Tidus, he's super-cool, he's got a cool voice, he's got a cool personality, he's got cool clothes and he's got great Overdrives with cool names.

...but other than that, I don't know.

Nifleheim7
06-14-2007, 03:52 AM
The only thing that irritated me was when he said "No time to waste-Lets go!" when i just wanted to level up:tongue:

Rikku, the Al Bhed
06-17-2007, 04:03 PM
What's so great about Auron...Allow me to count the ways...
Auron was the one who literally, dragged his beaten and torn up body down Mt.Gagazet, just to fufill his duty to Jecht and Braska. Auron was the one who watched over Tidus, until the time was right to bring him into the future.

Auron was the only one in the party who knew aboutthe truth about Yevon and that the Final Summoning was all a huge fabrication.

Auron was the one who exposed Yevon for what it truly was, when everyone was being fed with lie after lie. Auron was the man who kept the party together, once Auron became one of Yuna's guardians, the whole party felt like they had some control.

Auron's strength and power, saved my ass from several near defeats during the adventure. He is the strongest character in the game.
Auron's sheer power always comes in handy when you're facing down a highly juiced up fiend.

So, what's so great about Auron..? Well, even though he has a gruff and formidable outside, inside, Auron is vulnerable. Auron is the most noble and loyal character in Final Fantasy X. He stood by his summoners until the end. He left a lasting impression on me.

So, that's why Auron is the ultimate FF badass and character!

Brennan
06-17-2007, 05:22 PM
He's the Cloud and Squall of FFX

'nuff said

Renmiri
06-17-2007, 06:10 PM
What's so great about Auron...Allow me to count the ways...
Auron was the one who literally, dragged his beaten and torn up body down Mt.Gagazet, just to fufill his duty to Jecht and Braska. Auron was the one who watched over Tidus, until the time was right to bring him into the future.

Auron was the only one in the party who knew aboutthe truth about Yevon and that the Final Summoning was all a huge fabrication.

Auron was the one who exposed Yevon for what it truly was, when everyone was being fed with lie after lie. Auron was the man who kept the party together, once Auron became one of Yuna's guardians, the whole party felt like they had some control.

Auron's strength and power, saved my ass from several near defeats during the adventure. He is the strongest character in the game.
Auron's sheer power always comes in handy when you're facing down a highly juiced up fiend.

So, what's so great about Auron..? Well, even though he has a gruff and formidable outside, inside, Auron is vulnerable. Auron is the most noble and loyal character in Final Fantasy X. He stood by his summoners until the end. He left a lasting impression on me.

So, that's why Auron is the ultimate FF badass and character!

QFT!!!!

Auron rules!

Seraph77
06-18-2007, 01:31 AM
Auron is a high-attacker and his piercing ability is pretty useful early on in the game. His "break" skills come in handy as well.

daggertrepe
06-18-2007, 03:14 AM

Me and Auron smurf in your backyard. You've seen him and his greatness...

Lies. :tongue:

BUT back to Auron...I used him because he kicked fiend ass and was very rugged and hot.