PDA

View Full Version : you could have destroy the world

Remedy
03-26-2007, 07:25 AM
the title is quote from my brother when he saw my chaining 14 times Mist.
His comment led me to wonder, why do I have to put my hardest concentration on clicking the correct buttons just to chain Mists as much I can and at the end there is some monsters wouldn't even loose their half lives?

one Mist looks like it would do it and make monsters blown into many pieces
isn't one enough?
just like the overdrives from FF X one overdrive costs enough loose of monster's HP.

I don't mean to make Mist is bad and negative thing in the game
hell no, it helped me a lot.
but it takes time to do it.

Mist is Great blasts and explosions with few effectiveness.

Rostum
03-26-2007, 10:19 AM
Um okay? It's just a game?

theundeadhero
03-26-2007, 11:32 AM
It doesn't make sense to me either. I would rather have a one use powerful mist than repeating chain after chain and hoping it does some damage.

Bunny
03-26-2007, 12:44 PM
It'd be pretty boring if there weren't superoverpowered mosters.

Renmiri
03-30-2007, 03:08 AM
More like a challenge to yourself to get Black Hole than an effective attack

Lexy
03-30-2007, 07:51 PM
I know what you mean, I also always felt that the mist attacks just look as if they should do more damage than they do. I mean, they're great, I'm not complaining, but I know where you're coming from.

No.78
03-30-2007, 08:29 PM
It's a FF tradition to have devastating attacks with variable damage lol.

CloudStrifex
03-31-2007, 12:23 AM
Gah the graphics of quickening chains and the coolness of the explosions and the blasts and the beams and the fire.. Bt tbh, I agree, one attack should deal more damage rather than chaining for <number of chains>.
But am I right in sayinf that quickenings are the only technique or skill in the game that can cause over 9999 in a single dealing?

PS. srry for lurking before posting, and hi from newb.

Diango12
03-31-2007, 12:35 AM
Actually you could have destoryed not the world but wiped out all of Archadia with Zodiark's finisher.

Remedy
03-31-2007, 12:32 PM
Um okay? It's just a game?
O' reeeeealy!

-

It doesn't make sense to me either. I would rather have a one use powerful mist than repeating chain after chain and hoping it does some damage.
see what I mean?

-

It'd be pretty boring if there weren't superoverpowered mosters.

If you mean dealing Mist-chain on weak monsters is poring - then yes
that what I understood from your reply - correct me if I'm wrong

-

More like a challenge to yourself to get Black Hole than an effective attack
then I might wait for 1% chance to get "Black Hole"
thanx My lady ^^

-

I know what you mean, I also always felt that the mist attacks just look as if they should do more damage than they do..
ahaa..

I'm not complaining, but I know where you're coming from.
I don't - could you tell me?

-

It's a FF tradition to have devastating attacks with variable damage lol.
Nice one LOL
but IMHO FF has a respectable prestige.

-

Gah the graphics of quickening chains and the coolness of the explosions and the blasts and the beams and the fire.. Bt tbh, I agree, one attack should deal more damage rather than chaining for .
But am I right in sayinf that quickenings are the only technique or skill in the game that can cause over 9999 in a single dealing?

and I'm waiting for that time when I can deal 9999 damage.
U R welcome to lurk any time.

-

Actually you could have destoryed not the world but wiped out all of Archadia with Zodiark's finisher.
correct
and your replies always respectable to me.

DK
03-31-2007, 01:34 PM
To be honest, I can't be bothered using Quickenings anymore. They're not really useful at all. I like my MP more than Quickenings. <3

Remedy
03-31-2007, 01:44 PM
To be honest, I can't be bothered using Quickenings anymore. They're not really useful at all. I like my MP more than Quickenings. <3

I hope it's not because of this thread :D
To be honest, Mist can help you with rough monsters- but hey, you sound strong & don't need it ^^

Shiva_
03-31-2007, 07:32 PM

They're useful if you want to finish bosses off before they put up their Perfect Defense palings where they're IMMUNE to both magic and physical attacks.

Gah the graphics of quickening chains and the coolness of the explosions and the blasts and the beams and the fire.. Bt tbh, I agree, one attack should deal more damage rather than chaining for <NUMBER chains of>.

Quickenings aren't the only ones.

Certain Espers can do it, too.

The Balance spell can also do it. If your characters are at a high enough level, they are in Bubble status, and their HP is in critical status, then they can use the Balance spell to break the 9999 damage cap. The Balance is an AoE attack, so you will be damaging all foes in range for more than 9999 damage. To maximize the damage, wear light armor with the most HP bonuses.

Here's an example,
HP: 280/14675 (note that it only registers as 9999 on the display/menu)

Balance spell will then do 14395 HP of damage to all foes in range.

With your characters in Bubble status, Arise can revive your characters back for more than 9999 HP. I've seen over 17000 HP for this before.

I believe Quickenings chains can do up to 99999 HP of damage although I've never done near that much. Most I've done was around 40000.

CloudStrifex
03-31-2007, 07:40 PM
Gah essay much.
Helpful I thanks (Y)
=]

Skyblade
04-01-2007, 07:45 AM
I don't really have that much of a problem with the damage calculations for Quickenings, since Quickenings and Espers are clear derivatives of the Combos and Totema from FFTA (and a single hit combo in FFTA did diddly squat for damage too). I just wish that Mist Charges had been kept seperate from your MP. Yeah, the special attacks are cool, but since they eliminate your magic abilities, they aren't really an efficient way to do things. Yeah, the triple MP effect of 3 Mist Charges is nice, but you go through that extra MP like it was nothing if you use the Quickenings and Espers. They should have kept Mist Charges as a seperate measure, not tied to your MP.

Remedy
04-01-2007, 08:18 AM
They should have kept Mist Charges as a seperate measure, not tied to your MP.

now that IS a good point