PDA

View Full Version : TMNT

eestlinc
03-26-2007, 08:13 AM
anybody see the new ninja turtles movie yet? it's not great, but it's pretty good.

CimminyCricket
03-26-2007, 03:13 PM
I refuse to go see it for a few reasons:

1) Corey Felmon is not Donatello
2) That last two Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies have sucked. (III and then that horrible "spiritual" movie involving spirit battles and another turtle)
3) Corey Felmon is not Donatello
4) It is not live action
5) Corey Felmon is not Donatello

TyphoonThaReapa
03-26-2007, 03:36 PM

2) That last two Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies have sucked. (III and then that horrible "spiritual" movie involving spirit battles and another turtle)
4) It is not live action

Ditto.:eep:

edczxcvbnm
03-26-2007, 03:39 PM
I saw it and thought it was pretty good. I think an awesome sequel will be on the way sooner rather than latter :D

Not being live action worked out for the better overall. Faster ninja movements and other things made ninja movements and speed feel more...ninja-ey?

ljkkjlcm9
03-26-2007, 03:44 PM
the first movie was amazing and... "It remains one of the highest grossing independent films of all time."

I also enjoyed the second one, but after that not so much. Nothing after that, not even the new TV show, is as good as it use to be.

THE JACKEL

Bahamut2000X
03-26-2007, 04:00 PM
I thought the new one was pretty good. Though I was disappointed with the final fight, as the build up was great, but it should of been about 15 or 20 minutes longer I thought to just show a little more action that we've all been waiting for, especially since the first half of the movie was more comedy and plot then action. I also didn't like how they decided to Buffy-ify April in the end cause of who her voice actor was. >.<

Dreddz
03-26-2007, 04:40 PM

1) Corey Feldmen is not Donatello
3) Corey Feldmen is not Donatello
4) It is not live action
5) Corey Feldmen is not Donatello

Necronopticous
03-26-2007, 04:54 PM
it's not great, but it's pretty good.Yeah, I felt exactly the same. I wasn't expecting anything since these aren't really the same personalities I fell in love with as a kid, but I was a little surprised as it was decent. Not a great film by any account, though. I'd already sort of forgotten about it.

White Raven
03-26-2007, 10:56 PM
It was alright... I enjoyed the reference of the other 3 movies at the end, and I enjoyed the monster designs, but I did not like: Splinter's voice, how April was designed and how she actually fights now, how Casey Jones used a lacrosse stick at one time and the end fight scene too.

Out of the 4, the worst, but still good cause it was TMNT :D

oddler
03-26-2007, 11:27 PM
I'd like to see it but I'd also like to point out three points from Cimanim's post.

1) Corey Feldman is not Donatello.
3) Corey Feldman is not Donatello.
5) Corey Feldman is not Donatello.

Monol
03-26-2007, 11:43 PM
I wasnt excited...i fear change somtimes but i love TMNT...but i didnt see it yet i wouldnt mind but im not sure id pay 8 bucks to see it...unless i had a rag tag crew of four and we all decided to dress up as the turtles and sneak in "ninja" style (and by "ninja" style i mean "beat the crap out of everyone that stands in our way of free entertainment" style) but i've heard good things and i figured the action would be worth checking out.................oh and mikey rules :cool:

Tavrobel
03-26-2007, 11:48 PM
It was a little one dimensional, predictable, and had some glaring plotholes, but I left my brain at the door. I just wanted to enjoy something like a little child again. And it worked, too.

Freya
03-27-2007, 01:01 AM
it's not great, but it's pretty good.Yeah, I felt exactly the same. I wasn't expecting anything since these aren't really the same personalities I fell in love with as a kid, but I was a little surprised as it was decent. Not a great film by any account, though. I'd already sort of forgotten about it.

Ditto.
'Cept I was in a theater with 12 other highschoolers..... 'cept the girls were picking out which turtle was the hottest... yeah..........:mad:

fire_of_avalon
03-27-2007, 01:16 AM
Corey Feldman has only played Donatello twice in any TMNT incarnation, so that's a pretty silly reason to boycott this movie.

I hope to see it soon.

CimminyCricket
03-27-2007, 01:38 AM
Corey Feldman has only played Donatello twice in any TMNT incarnation.

EXACTLY!

He was Donatello in the only good movies of the series. The last two; Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III and the forth one, which was so horrible, that I cannot find ANY TRACE OF IT on the internet, the movie SUCKS so much that fans have decided that it is not even worth recognising.

EDIT: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation, is the forth in the series. Don't bother watching it, it sucks major ass. It was simply a poor ass movie that headed an even crappier live action television series.

Araciel
03-27-2007, 02:03 AM
donatello: REGANOMICS

Ishin Ookami
03-27-2007, 04:14 PM
As for all things ninja turtles, the first one remains my favorite. I remember I was 13 when I saw it, and the subject matter of losing ones parents at a young age, I felt was very affecting and dealt with in a fairly respectable light. I also like how the shredder was a legit menace? Even Tatsu kicked casey around the room like a rag doll. The second one wasn't all bad, it had some funny jokes, but it was way too formulaic, and the bad guys were nowhere near as menacing. The third one I can respect some of the story elements, but the bad guys were even less respectable.

As far as series go. I felt the original, early ninties one had it's high points, it had some great animation and fight scenes for the day, and some of the storylines wern't half bad. The next mutation was just awful, utterly awful. The recent series that got started around 2002 or 2003 was actually pretty damn good. Fast Forward I hate just on principle, just because the latest season started to really go in a dark direction. complete with a ton of characters getting killed off, very brutally, and parents hit the panic button, thus the newest season was canned and Fast Forward was born.

As far as comics go, I never read the original Eastman and Laird strip, there was a series by Archie comics back in the day that actually managed to do pretty good. Later into the comics run they started to do some very dark and gritty storylines, which were very well written. They even gave Bebop and Rocksteady some depth. a few years back a company named dreamwave tried to do a new Ninja Turtles comic, they even drafted Peter David to write the thing, shame that the company that owns the rights insisted that they make all their stories fit with cartoon continuity. By the time Dreamwave got the greenlight to do some original stories, interest in the book had faded and it got cancelled after about six or seven issues.

And as for this movie, I'm still a bit freaked out by the "Your mom" joke in the trailers, I'm not sure when I'll see it, but I will eventually.

Aerisfanatic
03-27-2007, 04:21 PM

4) It is not live action
i think those sucked cause they were live action and completeley ruined by adding sequels, and besides its not done by the same people so might surprise you, it might actualy be good

Mercen-X
03-27-2007, 04:49 PM

4) It is not live action

1) It's Corey Feldman and I don't mind it so much.
2) Those involved baby-brained mutants and a wanna-be pirate. (what the hell is that "spiritual" movie, never heard of it)
3) It's Corey Feldman and given Surreal Life, I'd have to say he's a bit of a douch.
4) "It is not live action" means it's better action
5) It's Corey Feldman and he irritates the hell out of me.

Proxy
03-28-2007, 03:32 PM
I thought it was pretty entertaining. The CGI, like ed said, made it more the ninja-ish way they should be. But I think my fave thing about the movie would have to be the fight with Leonardo and Raphael.
Also. Splinter sounded like a fscking drunk.
"We have to return to the surface"

"I'm out of vodka *hiccup*stumble*crash*passes out*"
All in all, I enjoyed it though. 6/10

Sunny Day Suicide
03-29-2007, 02:48 AM
I refuse to see this crap. I know a lot of you are saying "Oh its not half bad, chap!" but honestly. Come on now. TMNT 3D? Wtf? I should just leave it at that. But..Wtf? The original cartoons were the best, then those corny live movies came out. Then the even :skull::skull::skull::skull:tier new cartoon series where it is beyond serious and not funny anymore. And now this load of crap? Im not taking chances

Hanoi
03-29-2007, 05:03 AM
Corey Feldman said TMNT was the Turtles film he'd been waiting all these years for, he can finally die happy.

Del Murder
03-29-2007, 06:05 AM
'A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me you didn't pay money for this.'

If this line is not in the movie I'm not going to see it.

KasaiDraco
04-06-2007, 12:40 AM
I'm watching it now, at home while it's still in theatres. lol. I just want to see what all the fuss is.