PDA

View Full Version : How do you recognize the delicious oranges?

Peter_20
03-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Alright, I totally love oranges, but there's one problem:
whenever I actually buy them, I ALWAYS seem to end up with at least 45% of them being extremely dry, or full of seeds, or both. :rolleyes2
I'm a little fed up with this now, so could you please tell me how to actually get as many delicious oranges as possible?

How do they look like?
How do they feel like?
And so on. :thumb:

Levian
03-26-2007, 01:21 PM
It's pretty hard to tell whether there's seeds or not in it without using x-ray vision, or a sledgehammer. Look at the price tag, sometimes it says if it's with or without seeds, and it should also say what country it's from. You could always ask someone who works there, most of them will probably be clueless, but you might be lucky.

For picking out oranges, I look for shiny, smooth and firm ones. It looses its shine & smoothyness when it starts to dry.

CimminyCricket
03-26-2007, 03:15 PM
All I can say is, if it's purple it isn't good. O_o

Jowy
03-26-2007, 03:21 PM
Just get Valencia oranges and ignore everything else. ^_^

Bunny
03-26-2007, 03:22 PM
According to Detective Martin Riggs of Lethal Weapon fame, the best produce are on the bottom. They put the old ones on top!

Peter_20
03-26-2007, 03:45 PM
According to Detective Martin Riggs of Lethal Weapon fame, the best produce are on the bottom. They put the old ones on top!lol, and I always pick the ones on top. :p