PDA

View Full Version : How bad are Crystal Chronicles games?

Holy Lancer
03-26-2007, 08:04 PM
How bad are these games? I personally despise them and think that they shouldn't have the right to have "Final Fantasy" in their game titles. What do you think about the Crystal Chronicles games?

Elpizo
03-26-2007, 08:43 PM
"Them" is plural, but there is only one CC game out yet. You cannot yet deem Ring of Fates and the Crystal Bearers bad because they aren't out yet. Ring of Fates actually looks pretty good!

I haven't played the original, but I heard that if you did have 3 friends, it was a pretty fun game. Single-player wasn't that good I heard, but Ring of Fates promises and lengthy, good singe-player adventure with the typical deep FF story. So I'm not too worried and willing to give these games a chance.

Holy Lancer
03-27-2007, 01:36 AM
The first one rot my soul. I thought a second one came out but I didn't care enough to check on it. I won't spend a penny on any Crystal Chronicles game for the rest of my life. I have a rotten soul now thanks to the first one.

Crossblades
03-27-2007, 03:46 AM
Only one came out so far. But it's an okay game IMO

Elpizo
03-27-2007, 06:18 PM
The first one rot my soul. I thought a second one came out but I didn't care enough to check on it. I won't spend a penny on any Crystal Chronicles game for the rest of my life. I have a rotten soul now thanks to the first one.
Sad. Now you might miss out 2 (possible) excellent games. Hating/Not buying a game just because it shares a name with another game that left you unsatisfied is sad. SE knows CC didn't do that well. Do you honestly believe they will make the same mistake twice? I don't think so. Look at RoF, they already promised a good single-player with deep story experience. Something the original (from what I've heard) lacked. And from what we've seen, it does indeed look quite promising. I say, don't judge a book by its cover. Wait, play it, then judge. It's the safest way to be a gamer. I've learned that by now.

I also suggest that you look up on FF CC RoF. I'll help you a bit:

The official site:
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ffcc/

Site of SE's may party, about FF CC RoF:
http://www.ffccnews.jp/info/index.html

The official trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UcCLIJDPgM&mode=related&search=
It was on the official site too, but I don't see it anymore. 0_o

There are a bunch of screens circling around the net, easy to find them. The story of RoF is a family story or something, with the main characters being twins: boy and girl. According to the makers, it's quite a touching tale. The main characters will grow up during the game. As far as gameplay goes, the heart-system from CC got scrapped I believe, replaced with HP and MP. It's for the DS, in full 3D looking even better than FF III DS. If I remember correctly, it takes place before the first CC. There's multiplayer as well, but no Wi-Fi (yet). So you have to know other guys who have a copy of the game to play together (for now).

That's about all I know in a nutshell. There isn't that much revealed about the game yet. But it will be playable on Square Enix's 2007 party in may.

About FF CC: The Crystal Bearers (Wii), nothing is known yet. Not even a single screenshot, I believe.
EDIT: Seached Youtube, found this about TCB (Wii):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIpa_G3TOgA&mode=related&search=
It's from E3 2006, I believe...

Markus. D
03-31-2007, 02:29 AM
How bad are these games? I personally despise them and think that they shouldn't have the right to have "Final Fantasy" in their game titles. What do you think about the Crystal Chronicles games?

no you don't.

you read or heard from somewhere/someone else how bad they thought it was and stopped taking a like to it yourself.

but yeah. it's definetly a hardcore RPG >_<;;;;

<3

Roto13
03-31-2007, 04:24 AM
It (singular) isn't bad. I think a lot of people were expecting a deep, meaningful story since the other Final Fantasy games have teenagers making googly eyes at each other. This one focused more on atmosphere, and imo it succeeded greatly in that department.

Levian
03-31-2007, 11:50 AM
It was allright, but it got boring a bit quick. Didn't know about this multiplayer thing, though. I'll have to gather up some friends and try it out.

LoKuS
03-31-2007, 06:43 PM
grab some friends and its awesome.

XxXblack-abyssXxX
08-29-2007, 11:22 PM
i personally think that Crystal Cronicles is no good without other players.
:eep:

scrumpleberry
09-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Meh...

I can only play in single player as I has no GBA. It's meh...

oddler
09-08-2007, 03:35 AM
I've never even played it with others but I still like it well enough. Like Roto13 said, I think some people might have been expecting something different than what the game was meant to convey.

pspkilla
09-08-2007, 04:52 PM

no you don't.

you read or heard from somewhere/someone else how bad they thought it was and stopped taking a like to it yourself.

but yeah. it's definetly a hardcore RPG >_<;;;;

<3

I agree, I loved this game, although I never beat it lol.

Woodinator
09-09-2007, 11:44 PM
When i first played it I hated it, but then i played it again for kicks and I enjoyed it... never did multiplayer because my GBA broke and SP wouldn't work cause the L&R buttons were pushed down by the link

Quina
09-13-2007, 03:35 AM
They're not that bad!

Quina
09-13-2007, 03:36 AM
They aren't that bad!

Skyblade
09-15-2007, 03:12 PM
Crystal Chronicles was a poor execution of a decent idea. The chalice worked well enough at keeping players together on the same screen, but even in multiplayer it was too much of a pain in the butt. In single player, that frelling Moogle got too tired way too quickly, and in multiplayer he wasn't there at all (and having one character do nothing but drag a stupid item around the entire time is a recipe for disaster). Had the moogle never gotten tired and been around in both single and multi player, the game would have been a lot better. The other really big problem I had with the game was the artifact selection. Artifacts control all your stats, and, to get the best artifacts, you needed high scores. And luck. The luck aspect killed it. Even with a score high enough to get the best artifact selection a level had, getting the worst selection because the game's RNG screws you made it not worth even trying.

Fix the stats and the moogle, and I would think this was a game worth playing.

Rengori
09-15-2007, 08:05 PM
When you have other people playing it's one of the most fun games ever.

Skyblade
09-16-2007, 12:28 AM

Have you ever played 2 person? Spending 90% of your time lugging a chalice around is not fun.

Rengori
09-16-2007, 12:30 AM

Have you ever played 2 person? Spending 90% of your time lugging a chalice around is not fun.

Your friend's a dick then, besides, I say it's 4 people or nothing.

Heath
09-17-2007, 08:59 PM

I agree. On one of the rare occasions me and three other friends actually got together to play this game one of us would soon get tired of lugging the thing around and try to get someone else to take over. It is a lot more fun multiplayer but I agree with Skyblade; it was a good idea just could've been executed better. Having said that, I generally enjoyed the game.

Lawr
09-23-2007, 01:47 AM

I guess you'll be using ROMs then lol.