PDA

View Full Version : How strong are you?

Mirage
03-27-2007, 12:23 AM
Inspired by the thread by the same name in the Gen. FF forum.

How (physically) strong are you in real life? Could you make a stand if attacked? Would you normally be the winner? Feel free to mention other things you find relevant too.

Myself, I have very little actual fighting experience, but I've trained a little bit of Ju Jitsu, so I've got a some theory nailed down, along with basic holds and throws. I've also got quite a bit of "burst strenght" (but not that much stamina), so I think I might do decently if I could just keep my head cool.

Araciel
03-27-2007, 12:27 AM
stronger than most. fighting is for fools but i have done it a lot in the past.

Spammerman
03-27-2007, 12:29 AM
I beat my gf's brother 5 times in a row in an arm wrestle. Hes pretty big and on the wrestling team. And I could make a stand if attacked. I could probably lift my own weight.almost 200 pounds. Im 14 though/

Tasura
03-27-2007, 12:30 AM
I'd say I'm quite strong, I've got decent upper body strength, but I've got insane lower body strength, I haven't been in a real fight in a long time, like 13 years, but I could make a stand if attacked, just hammer my fist down on their head, if they're still conscious then just kick them a bit.

Spammerman
03-27-2007, 12:31 AM
just hammer my fist down on their head, if they're still conscious then just kick them a bit.

Donkey Kong attack.

Mirage
03-27-2007, 12:32 AM
I can lift my own weight, but I probably couldn't bench it.

Araciel
03-27-2007, 12:33 AM

dude get on that.

Kuroshima
03-27-2007, 12:34 AM
I am quiet strong. I have to be for my line of work. I am in construction and lift heavy things. So I could stand being attacked and last time I fought I did win.

~*~Celes~*~
03-27-2007, 12:35 AM
verbally I have a pretty sharp tongue...but as for physical, haven't tested it...

Tasura
03-27-2007, 12:36 AM
just hammer my fist down on their head, if they're still conscious then just kick them a bit.

Donkey Kong attack.

I jokingly slapped my friend on the shoulder once and dislocated it.

I can calf press about 1000lbs, and can bench about 200lbs.

Jowy
03-27-2007, 12:36 AM
I'm moreso dexterous and agility-based!

I can bench my own weight though, which isn't much since I'm a skinny little bastard.

Spammerman
03-27-2007, 12:37 AM
Lol, how did you manage to dislocate it?

Tasura
03-27-2007, 12:38 AM
Lol, how did you manage to dislocate it?

Just the force of my hand coming down, so strength + gravity + speed = dislocation.

Iceglow
03-27-2007, 12:58 AM
I'm pretty damn strong I've got great constitution I can take a shizz kicking and come back for more always, I'm also able to deal the damage I know some basic martial arts throws/holds. I also know how to do some of the kicks of Taekwondo and stuff. I'm pretty damn brutal in a fight to be honest I see it in 2 points of view, you're either fighting to win or fighting to lose. I don't believe you can fight dirty if I have to I will punch a man in the throat or kick him in the groin.

The only thing I can hold my hand up and say "hey I'm proud of in this" is that I have never beaten a girl up for any reason even though some of the women in my past have deserved it and one has begged me to do it I haven't I don't hit women in anger.

Jebus
03-27-2007, 01:03 AM
While in a weightlifting class I was required to take in high school, the max I could bench was 45 lbs. I'm only slightly stronger now.

However, I am quite a bit more agile than I look, although, I can't keep dodging for long, due to my incredibly poor endurance.

Freya
03-27-2007, 01:04 AM
verbally I have a pretty sharp tongue...but as for physical, haven't tested it...

:p ditto

Fonzie
03-27-2007, 01:18 AM
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/6305/falconpunchtm5.gif (http://imageshack.us)

But anyways :D

I'm 15, 5'9, and I weigh 140. I bench 165 and squat in like the 200's. I'm pretty lean also.

Madame Adequate
03-27-2007, 01:19 AM
I am at the very peak of Human fitness - it doesn't get better than me without being classed as superhuman. I am capable of catching a bullet. Not without coming to harm myself, but capable of stopping one nonetheless.

kikimm
03-27-2007, 01:45 AM
Not all that strong. I can't fight off my friends, and I doubt that I could even beat my brother at fighting anymore. He kicks me sometimes, and fuck it hurts. I'm out after one of those. No more.

Bunny
03-27-2007, 01:57 AM
I am frail like a baby woman.

Araciel
03-27-2007, 01:58 AM

i like that...you could have just as easily said just baby...but you went the better way

greeeaaat!

~*~Celes~*~
03-27-2007, 02:00 AM

i like that...you could have just as easily said just baby...but you went the better way

greeeaaat!

XD that made me giggle!

Mirage
03-27-2007, 02:03 AM
Baby girls aren't weaker than baby boys though, so that's pretty irrelevant.

Araciel
03-27-2007, 02:04 AM
that's what makes it so awesome.

escobert
03-27-2007, 02:07 AM
I'm strong enough but I would like to put on a little weight as I'm easy to move :p

41-Inches-Wide
03-27-2007, 02:38 AM
O hai I ken thumb wrestle u.

Martyr
03-27-2007, 03:52 AM
I'm not fast. I'm not strong (Not particularly strong for somebody of my size. I'm over 6' tall, and I have comparable strength, so I'm pretty strong- But plenty of other people over 6' are stronger than me).

As far as my fighting goes, I'm a proficient enough boxer, I know some street moves which I've used in a jam, and I can usually take a couple of hits when I need to.
Whatever that means.

CimminyCricket
03-27-2007, 04:09 AM
I'm not so much strong as I am agile, I think Tai Kwon Do classes helped with that. I've got plenty of endurance. Can squat 320 pounds and bench maybe 135, lol.

T-MaN
03-27-2007, 04:26 AM
Me? I have no idea. I may have some agility, but I don't know how I am strength wise. I haven't really 'fought' anyone ever since I was a kid, so I can't really say. I can bench around 100, which is not too high, and I just started weightlifting a few months a go. I take Tae Kwon Do, LoL, does that count?

LoL, I'll bet no one actually believes what we post.

Martyr
03-27-2007, 04:36 AM
I take Tae Kwon Do, LoL, does that count?

No. Kicking is for cowards.

And I take everything everybody says here as absolute truth.

This is one of the few mediums of communication where there are absolutely no consequences, and, therefore, no temptation to lie.

Edit: There may possibly be consequences, but still none that would encourage being untruthful.

Araciel
03-27-2007, 05:54 AM
i tend to believe everyone...who would believe i'm 6'6?!?! but i am so there

The Real Dark Messenger
03-27-2007, 06:30 AM
I believe I am very strong, actually. I can certainly lift heavy things, but I broke my shoulder when I was carrying a wash machine (not in one arm, guys)...

Enjolras
03-27-2007, 06:58 AM
Well, I'm quite heavyset and about 6'2 high, so I'm quite physically strong. I have been in a couple of fights in the last year (I'm not proud of it) and won both times, mainly because I can take alot of hits on my big frame, and I can pack quite a solid hit. Both times were somewhat under the influence of alcohol, so there wasn't any fandagled martial arts going on, just headlocking and punching.

Gabranth
03-27-2007, 07:09 AM
i used to be pretty built for my size, and then i stopped working out. i can hold my own when boxing, and i can take A LOT of hits to the head. my cardio is terrible though. i plan on getting back into shape with some bad-ass cardio to go with it.

DeStyle
03-27-2007, 07:30 AM
What I find interesting is that this would be the forum
where you find "super-geeks", but so far everyone seems
to be weightlifting, boxing and practising Tae Kwon Do.
Any wishfull thinking going on here?

Anyways, I used to be pretty strong. Everyone has his sport,
mine was waterpolo for 6 years. I was struck by pfeiffer last
year, stopped doing waterpolo, bye muscle tissue.

Shlup
03-27-2007, 08:26 AM
I can't do a single push-up.

Riana
03-27-2007, 09:55 AM
I'm not too bad. I can lift heavy things, I am a big girl. :x

In a fight...I wouldn't know, haven't been in a fight for years.

A few years ago I used to practice a lot of martial arts, my brother was my sparring partner. We stopped after we got jobs and we just got lazy after that. I really should get back into it.

loza
03-27-2007, 10:19 AM
I'm 'average' in the strength abilty.I'm 15 and 155cm tall ^_^ and over wieght (64kg baby!!!:D)i'd only fight if provoked e.g someone hits me (wanting to cause damage) OR someone is REALLY REALLY REALLY pissing me off
if in a fight i MIGHT win but it depends on the person. in bout a year or so i should win because i'm going to gym to lose weight (thus doing wieghts :D )
Bottom line is, if someone annoys/hurts me they WILL get kicked, punched, bitch slapped and have their hair pulled :)

Madame Adequate
03-27-2007, 11:30 AM

This is one of the few mediums of communication where there are absolutely no consequences, and, therefore, no temptation to lie.

Edit: There may possibly be consequences, but still none that would encourage being untruthful.

Lying doesn't just happen to make oneself seem better than one really is. It can just be for teh lulz.

Martyr
03-27-2007, 12:26 PM

Most people aren't claiming strength, just interest in things like boxing (which naturally build your endurance despite physical strength or fitness because of how much you get punched more than how much you lift), and if geeks are anything, they're interested in fighting.

Lying doesn't just happen to make oneself seem better than one really is. It can just be for teh lulz.

Actually, I was lying right there.

The Mog Ninja
03-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Yesterday I arm-wrestled with a girl who has done Tae Kwon Do for three years and I easily won. I don't know if that's something to be proud of or not. Also I let my friend bash me up as much as he could for an hour straight without taking damage.

Unknown Light
03-27-2007, 01:57 PM
I'll only fight if I get hit first but apart from that never (unless i'm drunk!!)

My punches my not be powerful but i'm good at hitting pressure points!

Mirage
03-27-2007, 02:04 PM
Yesterday I arm-wrestled with a girl who has done Tae Kwon Do for three years and I easily won. I don't know if that's something to be proud of or not. Also I let my friend bash me up as much as he could for an hour straight without taking damage.

Arm wrestling is a really poor measurement of someone's ability to fight.

First, only a fraction of the board members have posted in this thread. Second, all those who aren't particularly strong might not want to post because they have nothing to brag about :p. Third, you can be a training-geek too :p. Fourth, many persons who have an interest in Japanese culture might also be interested in fighting styles from that area, and an FF forum has a larger amount of "Japanophiles" than many other communities :p.

Tasura
03-27-2007, 02:04 PM

Not really since Tae Kwon Do is more of a kicking martial art than a punching one, so just becuase you beat her in an arm wrestle, means nothing, or little to nothing, it's kind of like saying you beat a sumo wrestler in a foot race.

Araciel
03-27-2007, 04:31 PM
i'm a supergeek

BarelySeeAtAll
03-27-2007, 04:36 PM
i used to do karate...but not anymore cos i moved...but my muscles are...hmm, ok...enough fer me to be proud of them...so that means they are pretty good.
so, i thought i was pretty strong, but obviously not cos GeneralSapphire beat me at an arm wrestle...but i am sure i could own her...NOT REALLY, but honestly, in a fair fight, i would possibly win (she would say it too) cos she would probly give in after a while, just to give me the satisfaction...aww, she does love me!

TyphoonThaReapa
03-27-2007, 04:38 PM
A'yo, I fought all the time when I was back in New Orleans. It was how we lived there. I don't recommend it, but it was pretty fun at times.

Reles
03-27-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm stronger than I look, but that doesn't really say much.

black orb
03-27-2007, 06:17 PM
>>> Im a weakling..

DM_Melkhar
03-28-2007, 08:54 PM
Inspired by the thread by the same name in the Gen. FF forum.

How (physically) strong are you in real life? Could you make a stand if attacked? Would you normally be the winner? Feel free to mention other things you find relevant too.

Myself, I have very little actual fighting experience, but I've trained a little bit of Ju Jitsu, so I've got a some theory nailed down, along with basic holds and throws. I've also got quite a bit of "burst strenght" (but not that much stamina), so I think I might do decently if I could just keep my head cool.
Well, I've got ten years worth of experience with four different martial arts, and at the moment (not stopped growing yet as I've discovered) I'm 5ft 9in - last time I checked, along with being able to lift concrete blocks about the size of a 17inch cathode ray computer moniter and at least two boxes filled with heavy books.

Yes, I am a woman, and no I do not look like a bodybuilder - that's just scary!

When it comes to stamina, I can do strenuous martial arts activities, but when it comes to running and what have you, I'm a sprinter. I can't do long distance running to save my life. And right now, I can't run at all because I had an operation on one of my feet.

I've suffered how hard I can punch something through plunging a fist into my wardrobe door (wooden) a few years back when I lost my temper. The whole left side of my left hand went black and the wardrobe doors won't close properly anymore.

Spammerman
03-28-2007, 08:59 PM

Not really since Tae Kwon Do is more of a kicking martial art than a punching one, so just becuase you beat her in an arm wrestle, means nothing, or little to nothing, it's kind of like saying you beat a sumo wrestler in a foot race.

That is the best relation Ive ever heard.

Araciel
03-28-2007, 09:00 PM
how strong am i?

TOO strong!

Bunny
03-29-2007, 07:04 PM
Why?

Are... are you a foot racing sumo wrestler...?!

Edit: Melkhar is a ninja

DM_Melkhar
03-29-2007, 07:17 PM
Edit: Melkhar is a ninja
First I've heard of it. :greenie:

Not done much exercise recently. The head instructor for the last martial art I did (Kuk Sool Won) accused me of not being dedicated to the sport when I got a job and when I kept missing the pre-paid lessons because of that, I had to stop the direct debit. When I did that he wouldn't let me catch up with the lessons I'd paid for. So, I quit. And now that I've had a foot operation, I need to recover before I can do something else - and get another job first because I quit the last one because I was treated like crap.

So I've discovered, the high school I went to are trying to get a local community activities centre set up. When I can get back to doing a lot more exercise again, I want to start a new martial art, fencing, and maybe archery as well!

Hey I forgot! I used to be in the Air Training Corps as well (RAF cadets). They did a lot of camo stuff in the woods as well. Anyone ever been paintballing? Bloody hurts but it's so much fun!

Cuchulainn
03-29-2007, 08:02 PM
I can look after myself if need should arise.

STRONG AS AN OX

Proxy
03-29-2007, 08:34 PM
Well, I've never got into fisticuffs before, but I'm sure I could hold my own. I guess I'm pretty quick too. Like I said. Never fought anyone before.
I can take that as either 1) I look like I'd be able to fuck someones :skull::skull::skull::skull: up, or
2) I look like a complete & total waste of time.
I know there have been more than enough people that have wanted to fight me, 2 were actually boxers, and they along with everyone else backed down. Without a personal confrontation also. I dunno.
With some people, I'm confident I'd be able to pull a couple of 1hit KO's

Dreddz
03-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Im pathetically skinny, but pretty tall. This advantage of height lets me get away from fights. Im not all skin and bones though, I have been in a few scruffs and have come out the victor. Except for one time when I got my ass whooped royally.

Shadowdust
03-29-2007, 08:40 PM
I'm a little on the heavy side weighing in at an average of 205 lbs. and am about 5 ft. 5 in. tall. I haven't been to a gym in eight years so I can't say with accuracy how much weight I can lift. I do have a very physical job and am probably the second strongest person at work, following my brother. I do know about nine years ago when I was still 170 lbs. that I could bench 220 lbs. though. And now I lift heavier stuff, so I'm sure I can match at least that still.

As far as holding up in a fight though, I don't stand a chance. I have a very low threshold for pain and have never fought a day in my life.

The Unknown Guru
03-30-2007, 12:15 AM
I am pretty strong. I can throw people around if I need to, and it REALLY surprises them.

Of course, I rarely need to. A couple well-placed punches and they're down.

Momiji
03-30-2007, 02:24 AM
I'm not exactly what you'd call 'strong', but I'm pretty good on the defense-side. I'm not exactly lightweight, so I'm pretty hard to push back. That and I have a rather high pain endurance. Basically, I can take it, but I can't reciprocate it.

Mattokenzi
03-30-2007, 10:38 AM
well I let my red hair side do that for me.
Yeah let's fight the evil ones before lunch time
so yes I'm pretty strong

snacks
03-30-2007, 05:42 PM
I'm not strong at all, I think I have the muscle density of a 3 year old. But I do have a medical condition that doesn't let me be strong?

Anyways weight lifting and such hasn't helped, so I gave up.

Zeldy
03-30-2007, 05:49 PM
My cousins were really hard to beat at armwrestling.

They're about 9 years old.

Im not very strong at all xD

Yew-Yevon
03-30-2007, 05:51 PM
I'm 245lbs,
6ft2,
pissed off most of the time,
....I'll let you juge.

Mirage
03-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Okay. All those pounds are fat, and you can't even bench 80 pounds.

Did I guess right?

Yew-Yevon
03-30-2007, 05:57 PM
I think your just being an ass.

Bunny
03-30-2007, 06:04 PM
Strength and intimidation are entirely different things. Being a tall and bulky person does not automatically mean you are strong, just that smaller people may think twice before picking on you. My older brother has about 4 inches and maybe 90 pounds on me (making him roughly 6'4'' and somewhere over 200 pounds). He is also in the Army, if that means anything to anyone. And I frequently destroy him when we get in fights.

Besides, in a fight, strength is only one very small element.

I Am Stoner
03-30-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm pretty strong, I could easily defend myself if attacked.

DM_Melkhar
03-30-2007, 10:29 PM
Im pathetically skinny, but pretty tall. This advantage of height lets me get away from fights. Im not all skin and bones though, I have been in a few scruffs and have come out the victor. Except for one time when I got my ass whooped royally.
Small people can be a pain though. It always happens doesn't it? There are the taller people, and some nimble little rogue turns up, pinches your things and he/she is gone before you can get your hand low enough to grab 'em.

The small can be really speedy sometimes.

I've got a short friend who doesn't like hugging me because....well....her face is my chest height...so I have to bend over.

Tifa Valentine
03-30-2007, 10:40 PM
I think I'm pretty strong... I grew up with nothing but guy friends (I had eight sisters, can you blame me? Imagine all the PMS going on in the house. Sometime for months straight!!!) and they were really rough with me so I had to learn how to defend myself, even if we were just playing. At some point fighting became fun to me. I didn't get in serious fights unless it was with girls at school.

I think I'm still pretty tough for a girl who's been S.B. dieting. I still have a bit of muscle because I exercise from time to time.

Serapy
03-30-2007, 10:49 PM
So, what about people in Africa? Do you think most of them are strong or weak? If they are weak, let's give them food and maybe the competitions would be a bit more interesting.

themagicroundabout
03-31-2007, 12:27 AM
I have the strength of eight stout men.

Bunny
03-31-2007, 12:57 AM
So, what about people in Africa? Do you think most of them are strong or weak? If they are weak, let's give them food and maybe the competitions would be a bit more interesting.

What?

Polaris
03-31-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm not very strong in what considers to be attacked, but attacking I am! :D I have a pretty heavy hand! :laughing:

Ramza Beoulve
03-31-2007, 10:25 AM
I actually think of myself like a strong person, I can defend myself of 6 attacking enemies at the same time

Christmas
04-18-2023, 02:46 PM
Pretty strong! Most of my stat points went to strength. But i am going to respec and allocate the points to charm after seeing how lucrative Onlyfans is. :bigsmile: