PDA

View Full Version : God of Snore

The Last Ancient
03-27-2007, 07:01 PM
Ok am I only person who thought God of War 2 was a horrible dissapointment. The first God of War is a classic in every way. Every scene is awesome, the stories perfect, the music's perfect, the gameplay is great. The second game's story is sooooooooo boring and did not grab me at all. The gameplay's the exact same, except it is way more puzzle heavy this time. The only new gameplay elements are blatantly stolen from Prince of Persia. The God of War series seems to be following the same path of the Prince of Persia series. The first games are both classics and pretty much perfect, the second game is horrible and tedius and makes you want to break your playstation (although I still was interesed in the story of warrior within) and hopefully the third and I think last God of War game will be as good as The Two Thrones is. I was really looking forward to this game but it was so tedius and the story was a real letdown, although to be fair the story did have it's moments but they were very limited.

Captain Maxx Power
03-27-2007, 07:10 PM
The gameplay's the exact same, except it is way more puzzle heavy this time....The first games are both classics and pretty much perfect, the second game is horrible and tedius and makes you want to break your playstation

Do you have any idea of how close to oxymoronic that statement is?

Yew-Yevon
03-27-2007, 07:20 PM
The gameplay's the exact same, except it is way more puzzle heavy this time....The first games are both classics and pretty much perfect, the second game is horrible and tedius and makes you want to break your playstation

Do you have any idea of how close to oxymoronic that statement is?

XD

Its an awsome game for lovers of greek mythology.

Slothy
03-27-2007, 07:25 PM
God of War 2 took pretty much every flaw present in the almost perfect first game and fixed it. It's superior to the original in a lot of ways, and I'd say you are the only one dissapointed by it.

escobert
03-27-2007, 07:38 PM
yeah I've yet to heat anyone say anything but "awesome" or "fucking kick ass" about this game. and the first.

Jowy
03-27-2007, 07:41 PM
I've just heard the ending was bad. 8-)

Yew-Yevon
03-27-2007, 08:05 PM

Halo 2 suffered from that one and somehow ppl still think its the holy grail.

JKTrix
03-27-2007, 08:09 PM
I'm disappointed in it to an extent. I honestly wasn't expecting much from it, and I'm glad I didn't.

It's a lot like the first game. The story is okay, but everything else about the game isn't as fresh as it was when GOW1 came out. Perhaps I need to play it more. I only played it for a few hours when I got it, and haven't been compelled to pick it up again.

Some people have made comparisons between GOW>GOW2 and Zelda OOT>Twilight Princess. TP is a great game, but if you played OOT it won't seem as great, since a lot of it is apparently the same. I haven't played OOT, so I didn't have that legacy to base my opinion of that game off of. However I did have GOW, and playing GOW2 doesn't feel that much different.

Then again, GOW1 didn't really hook me that much either. Perhaps since it came out mere weeks after Devil May Cry 3. Perhaps I've been eternally spoiled by Ninja Gaiden. I studied Greek mythology while I was in high school, so maybe my brain is tired of it (7 years later...). Ninjas and Demons are more captivating.

I wouldn't call it boring though. I have suffered through far, far worse. GOW is a quality game.

The Last Ancient
03-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Ok maybe it was just me, but I thought the story was a real snoozefest for the most part especially compared with how frickin crazy great every scene was in the first game.

Jowy
03-27-2007, 09:52 PM

Halo 2 suffered from that one and somehow ppl still think its the holy grail.

hi multiplayer.

ljkkjlcm9
03-28-2007, 12:03 AM
people are absurd. They want a sequel to be the same, yet different at the same time. Using the Zelda example, I loved OoT and TP, and love TP more because it expanded on everything OoT. Screw people saying it wasn't original like OoT was, that's not why I played it. I loved OoT, and wanted a new game, that felt/played the same. Guess what? I got it. I don't get people. If you like the original game, and the sequel doesn't change much except gameplay improvements and different story, why does the sequel suddenly suck?

My biggest problem with replaying games is knowing exactly what is going to happen when and such. If I could have some of my favorite games, copied except with a different story, I'd play them in a heart beat. And if they fixed some of the problems, I'd be the first to admit the new one was better, despite not being original.

Humans... sigh

THE JACKEL

JKTrix
03-28-2007, 01:10 PM
Fanservice is one thing. Progressive development/evolution is another.

Twilight Princess was fanservice. And for the fans, it was great. Even for people like me who didn't play OoT, it was great. But when you look at Wind Waker--which was an evolution of the '64 games--Twilight Princess didn't seem like an evolution to some people. To people who were looking for more. I don't know how different/similar Majora's Mask was compared to OoT so I can't comment on that.

Japanese RPGs don't count. They're usually about the story, gameplay is a minor feature. Some of 'the best' ones use the same gameplay over several games, and that's ok because they're Story games, not Game games.

God of War is a Game game first. The story is fine, but if you're going to make an action game you have to do things differently/better to stay ahead of the curve.

In a competetive field (this applies to everything), in order to sustain your 'ranking' you must constantly improve. The competition is always advancing, and if you stay the same without improvement you will be overtaken.

Taken by itself, GOW2 is a very fine game. There are some people who do appreciate the qualities of a game itself. I don't think anyone can lucidly play GOW and then say it's a bad game.