PDA

View Full Version : Ragnarok Magicite

LoKuS
03-27-2007, 11:51 PM
i just got Locke back and im goin to Narshe to get the magicite. should i take the magicite or have the sword made? i need help deciding.

ljkkjlcm9
03-28-2007, 12:04 AM
i just got Locke back and im goin to Narshe to get the magicite. should i take the magicite or have the sword made? i need help deciding.
if this is the GBA version take the magicite. You can steal the sword from the 3rd stage of the final boss, and with the save feature after you beat the game, you can get unlimited of them.

Otherwise, I always preferred the sword

THE JACKEL

darksword12
03-28-2007, 05:53 AM
I say get the magicite. It's the only way to learn Ultima.

03-28-2007, 10:39 AM
^No it isn't, you learn it from the paladin shield.

I played the game many times, taking the magicite each time. Then on the last playthrough I did, I finally went with the sword. I was not disappointed. The sword is mightier than the magicite.

LoKuS
03-28-2007, 04:20 PM
so, how much longer do i get the paladin shield?

Crossblades
03-28-2007, 04:22 PM

I played the game many times, taking the magicite each time. Then on the last playthrough I did, I finally went with the sword. I was not disappointed. The sword is mightier than the magicite.

Trade it in at the Colisseum to get an even better sword, the Illumina/Lightbringer

so, how much longer do i get the paladin shield?

Did you get the Cursed shield from the old man in Narshe? You need to do 200 something battles with it equipped to turn it into the Paladin shield. Make sure one of the characters has a Ribbon relic equipped along with the cursed shield.

LoKuS
03-28-2007, 04:32 PM
I do have the cursed shield, but what would you recommend? magicite or sword?

Crossblades
03-28-2007, 04:37 PM

Sword. Trade it at the Colisseum to get Illumina/Lightbringer. Or if you want to teach everyone Ultima, then get the Magicite

Jowy
03-28-2007, 05:17 PM
With the GBA version, you can get both as illustrated above! For completion's sake I recommend the magicite. Also, it's 256 battles with the shield equipped; Takes about two hours if you just kill stuff at the solitary island.

ljkkjlcm9
03-28-2007, 05:31 PM
With the GBA version, you can get both as illustrated above! For completion's sake I recommend the magicite. Also, it's 256 battles with the shield equipped; Takes about two hours if you just kill stuff at the solitary island.

simply put:
For most versions get the sword. Then if you train people in the Dinosaur Forest and desert south of Miranda, equip the cursed shield and a ribbon, and eventually as you train people, it'll uncurse. The shield will teach Ultima, making the esper useless

For the GBA version, get the Esper because you can steal the sword from the 3rd statue of the final boss(in every version) but only on the GBA can you save after the boss battle. If you equip both the Esper and Paladin shield, you learn Ultima at a rate of x2

THE JACKEL

darksword12
03-28-2007, 05:34 PM
Man, this changes everything! I'd wanted to get every esper...

Mirage
03-28-2007, 05:39 PM

Sword. Trade it at the Colisseum to get Illumina/Lightbringer. Or if you want to teach everyone Ultima, then get the Magicite

Everyone can equip the Paladin shield.

darksword12
03-28-2007, 10:42 PM
You know what? I've changed my mind. The Paladin shield works for Ultima, and Ragnarok and Illumina are among the best weapons out there.

LoKuS
03-28-2007, 10:44 PM
So, everyone can learn Ultima from equiping the shield?

Jowy
03-28-2007, 10:56 PM
Yes.

I'm use Metamorph in every single battle though just in hopes I'll get something rare. That's another reason I prefer taking the magicite to the sword.

Roto13
03-28-2007, 10:59 PM
I prefer the magicite because uncursing the shield takes a zillion years.

ljkkjlcm9
03-28-2007, 11:31 PM
I prefer the magicite because uncursing the shield takes a zillion years.

that's an exaggeration, I un-cursed it without even realizing I had fought that many times. But there is no reason to take the sword in the GBA version, ever.

THE JACKEL

Roto13
03-29-2007, 01:30 AM
You notice it if you don't go into the Phoenix Cave until you already have all of the other characters. I almost never use the fight command. I don't need the sword.

Flying Mullet
03-29-2007, 12:36 PM
I'm use Metamorph in every single battle though just in hopes I'll get something rare. That's another reason I prefer taking the magicite to the sword.
Sadly, there's nothing really rare to Metamorph(in the original game): http://figarocastle.homemade-websites.com/ff6/metamorph.php

darksword12
03-31-2007, 05:01 AM
I just got the sword today.

04-01-2007, 01:08 PM

Trade it in at the Colisseum to get an even better sword, the Illumina/Lightbringer

Of course I did. What do you take me for, a newbie?

Anyway, I really don't understand the argument that you should go for the magicite because you can steal ragnorak from a final boss. By the time you can do that you've beaten the game. If you're doing a perfect playthrough it makes sense, but otherwise you'll only have it for the bonus stuff. I say take the sword now and get as much use out of it as possible. It's well worth it.

ljkkjlcm9
04-01-2007, 04:03 PM

Of course I did. What do you take me for, a newbie?

Anyway, I really don't understand the argument that you should go for the magicite because you can steal ragnorak from a final boss. By the time you can do that you've beaten the game. If you're doing a perfect playthrough it makes sense, but otherwise you'll only have it for the bonus stuff. I say take the sword now and get as much use out of it as possible. It's well worth it.

except, you really don't need the sword. It's not that useful, and you'll get the most use out of it in the bonus dungeons. The people I use against the final boss never attack anyways, and actually, more than likely cast Ultima....

THE JACKEL

Holy Lancer
04-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Get the magicite you can steal the sword in the final battle so you can have them both when the game is over :)

Xurts
04-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Get the Magicite. You'll be able to teach all of your characters Ultima long before you will be able to get the Paladin Shield. Your characters are so incredibly overpowered at the end of the game that the Paladin Shield and Illumina are just a waste of time getting, IMO.

darksword12
04-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Well, crap, I just got the sword. It's a really good weapon, actually. I'm going to go to solitary island soon and fight those 255 battles, though.

ljkkjlcm9
04-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Well, crap, I just got the sword. It's a really good weapon, actually. I'm going to go to solitary island soon and fight those 255 battles, though.

that's a waste of time. Go to the Dinosaur forest and fight and gain levels with it equipped. You'll be gaining levels and uncursing the shield. Going to the Solitary island is the worst method I've ever heard of for uncursing, considering just mastering all the magic with a group, and getting one character to 99, was enough to uncurse the shield. And at this point I have 8 people with all spells, and 6 at 99. I could have uncursed 3-4 of them.

THE JACKEL

LoKuS
04-02-2007, 06:01 AM
where is dino forest?

Flying Mullet
04-02-2007, 12:35 PM
where is dino forest?
It's #30 on the map: http://figarocastle.homemade-websites.com/ff6/WoRMap.php