PDA

View Full Version : DS, good investment?

JackNapier
03-28-2007, 04:42 AM
So here I am, with leftover cash. So far hardly anything next-gen has attracted me, and I feel like it might be time to turn to Nintendo. DS' are quite cheap now, and seem to have a good lineup of games, and I don't like the PSP very much. Thus it seems a DS is the way to go. Is this a good decision? What are its pros and cons? Your opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

escobert
03-28-2007, 05:24 AM
Yes, it's the best handheld ever.

Rostum
03-28-2007, 05:30 AM
I bought one for my g/f. She seems to love it, though lately it hasn't been getting any use (busy life). But, I am thinking of getting one, once I get paid this week; some pretty nifty games around for it.

Either that or I blow my money on an Mbox2.

escobert
03-28-2007, 05:42 AM
Final Fantasy III DS is <3 along with wario ware, both Castlevanias, Children of Mana, Animal Crossing, mario kart, donkey kong racing. Lots of good games and more on the way

Khaotic
03-28-2007, 06:02 AM
New Pokemon games coming out in like 25 days or something, if you're into those games.

But other than that, Ds has tons of great titles, and lots of those are Final Fantasy. I got one myself.

NINJA_Ryu
03-28-2007, 06:22 AM
Also, look out for Spore!

Madame Adequate
03-28-2007, 09:04 AM
I'm getting one this week for the ever-nearer release of Pokemans. But there's other things which seem pretty cool too, such as Phoenix Wright, Trauma Center, and Theme Park (omfgw00twtfbbqyes)

Roto13
03-28-2007, 12:09 PM
Yes, it's the best handheld ever.

JKTrix
03-28-2007, 12:49 PM
Yes, DS is great. I can't reccomend any of Square-Enix's games yet because they aren't really that good compared to other stuff on the system, but there aren't that many RPGs available in English yet. Plus, if you never had a GBA before, you can get some of those games to play in there.

Some DS games will have extra features if you pair it with its GBA relatives. Games I Own that do this: Lunar Knights/Boktai, Mega Man Battle Network, Mega Man ZX/Mega Man Z, Advance Wars, Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow/Aria. Pokemon will link up with your GBA games as well.

Setzer Gabianni
03-28-2007, 03:13 PM
<3 There are so many Pokemon games out for the DS, it's awesome~

DIAMOND AND PEARL SOON~

So yah, get one. Get Nintendogs for it :bigsmile: