PDA

View Full Version : scammers -_-

Tifa's Real Lover(really
03-29-2007, 12:38 AM
so ive been inactive the past month because i was playing......runescape:( and i met this guy who was talking smack and saying he could whoop me (i was level 31, he was level 26) so he said he could beat me if we went into the wilderness and have a clean fight, so we went there, and then in the middle of fighting, he and his 4 friends came out of no where and kicked my ass! i knew i was gonna get scammed :mad: :mad:

anyone else get scammed in MMORPGS?

and anyone have runescape and want to help me get back at these lamers?

Mirage
03-29-2007, 12:40 AM
That's what you get for playing Runescape.

Also, I've never been scammed.

Rostum
03-29-2007, 12:56 AM
Run! Escape! It sucks!

Lamers? I suggest you get out of that game if you're going to start calling someone something as geeky as that!

Also, I've never been 'scammed' in an MMORPG.

edczxcvbnm
03-29-2007, 01:29 AM
Why didn't you just kick his ass right there and then instead of going someplace else? You should get stronger way faster and hunt him and his friends down and never stop until they quit for good :hot:

Roto13
03-29-2007, 01:31 AM
You should find him in real life and punch him in the neck.

Diango12
03-29-2007, 01:34 AM
I havent played MMORPGS in ages. But I do recall a similair incident where a bastard who lured me into the wilderness where he and his partners attacked me and took all my stuff ;_;

Tifa's Real Lover(really
03-29-2007, 01:37 AM
Why didn't you just kick his ass right there and then instead of going someplace else? You should get stronger way faster and hunt him and his friends down and never stop until they quit for good :hot:

our level differences were too great :mad:

Spammerman
03-29-2007, 01:45 AM
so ive been inactive the past month because i was playing......runescape:( and i met this guy who was talking smack and saying he could whoop me (i was level 31, he was level 26) so he said he could beat me if we went into the wilderness and have a clean fight, so we went there, and then in the middle of fighting, he and his 4 friends came out of no where and kicked my ass! i knew i was gonna get scammed :mad: :mad:

anyone else get scammed in MMORPGS?

and anyone have runescape and want to help me get back at these lamers?
Ill help you. What time and place? overall lvl is 193

Tifa's Real Lover(really
03-29-2007, 01:54 AM
oh snap really?!

i gotta talk to him, im gonna join his gang or something and then ill call you

thanks man :) (btw can you give me stuff? i lost most of it =/ )

Goldenboko
03-29-2007, 01:55 AM
If only I was there (lvl 68 I'd help)

I play Runescape because its free and I can't afford to pay 10 bucks a month. I've never been scammed because well... I was warned by PuPu that free to play Runescape is full of 12 year old losers, and 40 year old virgins so I'm extra careful.

PS- I did rip someone off bad one time because they bought something for 5k that was only worth 300GP, but he put up the money his fault.

PS,S- What's your username TRLR? Mines Dirig add me I pwn n00bs (well not really but ;p)

PSSS- Overall level 809 ;p

Spammerman
03-29-2007, 01:56 AM
Tell me what you need. Give me a list and give me a day or two to get re acquainted with the game. I forgot how to tell actual lvl. Before they had it as combat lvl.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
03-29-2007, 02:05 AM
im a level 31

i had a mithril longsword and full helmet, those are the 2 most important items they took from me, dont care about the money or ring.

username Cool Noob29

thanks guys for helping me, ill try and pay u back somehow

(im on runescape now btw)

stuffing
03-29-2007, 02:17 AM
Nope.

Although I did use Edczxcvbnmn's name in Ragnarök for awhile, man that was fun

DeStyle
03-29-2007, 07:19 AM
Runescape ah yes.

I remember playing that, after a while I began
cheating (using bots to do my flaxpicking) then I grew
to having 4-5 bots picking flax at the same time for
500k an hour, they would do this for 48 hours before
getting banned. I spended 20 euro on four bots, sold 2 mil
for 20 euro and broke even, bang 22 mil profit.

That was the theoratical part. In real I was a bit to lazy to keep
my bots up and running (they needed checking every 2 hours).. Anyways I remember after one
bot run I had over 11 mil. In total I had full zamorak, gilded, gold t.
Then there was this massban, I got banned, hard. Nothing ment :skull::skull::skull::skull:
anymore. Now I feel sorry I didn't exploit the loophole to the fullest,
there was 2-3 months in which I could've made SERIOUS cash.
In large mils sold at 7 each, I already had contact who wanted to
buy like 100 mil. That would have made me 500, and it would've
taken me 8 days.

I was only 13.

Old Manus
03-29-2007, 07:47 AM
I'm surprised Runescape players have the abilities to coordinate a group ambush.

Khaotic
03-29-2007, 07:57 AM
That's not being scammed.. more like falling for a dumb trick. Always say no to wilderness attempts, half the time people who challenge you have some sort of advantage. Simply say no and ignore him, don't let yourself get tangled up with the children and their words.

Bunny
03-29-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm a scammer, not a scammee.

Discord
03-29-2007, 02:05 PM
That's just why runescape is so great. They've got the best community on net! I just love the fact that Jagex tries to sell the game to the parents as being "educational" because children learn that the more skills they have the more money the can make... (says it somewhere on the webpage)

I hate that game... :shoot:

Maxico
03-29-2007, 03:24 PM
That is the most hillariously amazing thing I've heard of, connected to Runescape in any way.

I wish I could bare playing that game for the required amount of time needed to do that.

Craig
03-29-2007, 07:16 PM
In this game I play sometimes called Tibia, a while back I was stood in a protection zone minding my own business and this guy was like "Hey can you show me where the rune shop is?" So I walked him to it and he killed me.

Discord
03-29-2007, 08:19 PM
I think I'll just quote my favourite lines from their website:

Here at Jagex, we understand the importance of learning, education and experience. In our Keeping Healthy and Responsible Gaming Policy sections, we emphasize the importance of maintaining a balanced life, helping our players realise that work and study are hugely important, as is getting regular exercise...

ˇ Trading allows players to barter and make deals with each other. Through experience you could have your favoured merchants for different items. Trading also allows players to learn the structure of a working economic system[huh?]. For more on this, please see RuneScape 101

Problem Solving

With more than a hundred quests to complete, there are plenty of opportunities for players to test their mental abilities. Each quest will contain a number of challenges; some require a logical approach, while others favour a more mathematical mind.

The last is my ultimate favourite. Those who have solved a RS quest, know why.

Dreddz
03-29-2007, 08:43 PM
Nothing has ever scammed me online. And you were not scammed, they were just playing cheap.

Roto13
03-29-2007, 09:19 PM
That is the most hillariously amazing thing I've heard of, connected to Runescape in any way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDrrMnLtQfI

Discord
03-29-2007, 09:58 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDrrMnLtQfI

Well... look at it this way... it's still better than SecondLife!

Tifa's Real Lover(really
03-31-2007, 04:28 AM
well i bought by stuff back thanks to you guys, i appreciate it, now i know better not to fall for a stupid trick, im not sooo into getting revenge as i was before, but ill have it one day (if im bored maybe)

Markus. D
03-31-2007, 05:39 AM
It's all up to you whether you get scammed in Online Games these days.

do everything through trades~~ It will be sweet.

Jessweeee♪
03-31-2007, 09:17 AM
I've been lucky so far ^-^

I stopped playing Runescape because the skillbuilding gets on my nerves.

YOU CAN'T CHOPT THAT TREE!
YOU NEED A TREE CHOPPING LEVEL OF 85!

A FREAKING TREE-CHOPPING LEVEL!

Discord
03-31-2007, 10:41 AM
I've been lucky so far ^-^

I stopped playing Runescape because the skillbuilding gets on my nerves.

YOU CAN'T CHOPT THAT TREE!
YOU NEED A TREE CHOPPING LEVEL OF 85!

A FREAKING TREE-CHOPPING LEVEL!

Oh common, that's called realism. Just imagine chopping down an oak with a 4 metre diameter.

I actually liked Runescape skill system a bit more when you still had to get into a hut and sleep for a bit.