PDA

View Full Version : Why Hate Cloud?

Yliette
03-29-2007, 12:59 AM
As far as I know Cloud has the biggest fanbase of all FFVII chars. Tifa and Aeris aren't far behind though.

But then I've also noticed many people hate Cloud. I personally see no reason for doing so. At the same time I'm not a fangirl yelling "Cloud-sama~!" everywhere.

I just want to know the answers why certain people despise Cloud (and sometimes not be retaliated by Cloud loyalists). I'm neither supporting nor dissing Cloud in this matter.

Aralith
03-29-2007, 01:22 AM
The same way that there are people that like and dislike me. Everyone has differnet personalities that work well with some personalities, and don't with others. Cloud has a personality that some people don't like because that's there personality. The same as there are those that like him because of theirs. It all just comes down to personal preference. Some people really like Cloud. Others absolutely hate him.

Dragon Mage
03-29-2007, 02:31 AM
I agree with Aralith, it's just the way the character is. Cloud is a very weak character, and some of the more macho players out there simply don't gel with that very well. Some could very well not like him for the fact he always seems to be in another emo crisis.
But another thing that a lot of people won't like the character for, is the fans of the character. There's some rabid fan out there. I recall seeing somewhere on these forums (a looooooooong time ago) someone posted saying that they "loved Cloud. Really." While such a thing simply makes me lmao, others it would really tick off. It just irks them. And for that, the character is bashed to kingdom come.

There's nothing you can do about it, really. A similar situation can be seen in the LT of FF7. A majority of the Cleriths hate Tifa and a majority of the Cloti's hate Aeris. Not necessarily because of the characters, but because of those that support the opposing view. As a way to lash out, they attack the character.

Meat Puppet
03-29-2007, 12:13 PM
the biggest fanbase of all FFVII chars
This is why I hate Cloud, or at least pretend to; I think that it’s cool to against the grain.

Garnie
03-29-2007, 12:17 PM
i dunno really! i love Cloud. why hate Cloud! its because of Cloid isnt it? Clouds evil twin brother! I HATE YOU CLOID!!!!!!!

scrumpleberry
03-29-2007, 04:07 PM
a fangirl yelling "Cloud-sama~!" everywhere.

It is because of these very fangirls that people have grown to hate Cloud. :kaoplain:

Mercen-X
03-29-2007, 05:07 PM
You can either like Cloud because he tries to be honest and is brave, or you can hate him because he's just too troubled and isolated and brooding.

There you go.

Yliette
03-30-2007, 05:28 AM
I see. And I'm surprised that anti-Cloud's aren't afraid to be attacked by a batallion of Cloud loyalists.

As for me, I neither love nor hate Cloud. I just think he's alright for a leadng character. But I do support the Cloud-Tifa pairing and at the same time not campaign againts Cloud-Aeris supporters. :D

Let's make love, not war.

Kain Strife
03-30-2007, 05:35 AM
He's popular, people don't like that.

Aerisfanatic
03-31-2007, 03:48 AM
actualy if people didnt like cloud people wouldnt likr the pairings like cXt cXa, some people can start out as neutral supporters but when they starte likeing one character more than the other they start liking the pairing with cloud, im a strong suporter in cxa but i think that for most cases cloud drives the pairing situations cause of fans

who else thinks so?

Yliette
03-31-2007, 10:59 AM
It's the vice-versa case for me. I disliked Yuna but strongly supported the Tidus-Yuna pairing.

I think people hate Cloud because he's overdosed with the "hardass" image, not that I have a problem with it. Also because of those fangirls worshipping Cloud and kissing his feet.

ReloadPsi
03-31-2007, 05:32 PM
~Kuraudo-sama!~

Never had a bad word to say about the guy, though his choice of clothing (all purple) begs a few questions.

Mercen-X
03-31-2007, 09:09 PM
Let's make love
You got my vote.
~Kuraudo-sama!~

Never had a bad word to say about the guy, though his choice of clothing (all purple) begs a few questions.

You talking 'bout Cloud? You need to adjust your TV. The color is blue.

Chupi the Terrible
04-01-2007, 03:13 AM
Let's make love
You got my vote.
~Kuraudo-sama!~

You talking 'bout Cloud? You need to adjust your TV. The color is blue.

Actually, it was purple. Even on the booklet, a strong purple. But I still don't get his comment, purple is a color that was once used for royalty. And it was a standard issue uniform that held high status. In the original Final Fantasy 7, the three ranks of SOLDIER were distinguished by their equipment and uniforms. Third class wore blue, second class wore red, and first class wore purple. Zack was first class, and Cloud wears Zack's old uniform. Or, one of them anyway. In the game I guess Zack gave Cloud one of the spares while he was in that sort of silent, semi-vegetable state.

To be more on topic... As people have stated, some don't like his personality, and some just dislike him simply because others don't. Then some seem to just dislike him because he wound up owning Sephiroth's ass in the end of the game and they adored Sephiroth. (Personally I liked them both as characters.)

04-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Fine, I'll say it. I hate cloud.

The fact that ffvii is my 2nd least favorite game in the series does tend to make me hate the characters a little more than they deserve, and the fact that the game is so overrated and has the most fanpersons of all FF games makes me like the game less than it deserves.

But more than anything, my hate (well, it's more like apathy exacerbated to hatred by the fanpersonism) for him is because I just wasn't impressed by the cliche, brooding, loner, "I would be emo if I had any personality all" thing he had going on. If I had been a 15 year old boy when I first played, I might have identified. I didn't play until I was about 21, so instead I roll my eyes and think "pfft, get over yourself."

Dragon Mage
04-01-2007, 06:27 PM
It is that part of human nature to dislike what is loved and to love the unpopular opinion. It is called 'spite'.

Trance_Kuja
04-01-2007, 07:33 PM
I used to hate him (lack of personality, it was Zack he was pretending to be most of the game not himself), but after replaying many times and watching Advent Children i have grown fond of him, because you feel sorry for him (the way he beats himself up over Aeris' death). I would have still preferred Zack to be the main good guy (he is my fav FF7 character) but you can't have them all.

scrumpleberry
04-04-2007, 12:31 AM
I see. And I'm surprised that anti-Cloud's aren't afraid to be attacked by a batallion of Cloud loyalists.

As for me, I neither love nor hate Cloud. I just think he's alright for a leadng character. But I do support the Cloud-Tifa pairing and at the same time not campaign againts Cloud-Aeris supporters. :D

Let's make love, not war.

Stole the words out of my mouth. :p

Remedy
04-04-2007, 06:42 AM
HERE'S A QUESTION:
WHY THERE ARE TOO MANY FF VII PROJECTS?
FF FANS GET BORED IF THE SAME THING REPEATS AGIAN & AGAIN

Ryushikaze
04-04-2007, 06:49 AM
HERE'S A QUESTION:
WHY THERE ARE TOO MANY FF VII PROJECTS?
FF FANS GET BORED IF THE SAME THING REPEATS AGIAN & AGAIN

But it's the fans who wanted more and more and more FF7.

Here's another question. Why is your caps lock on?

Remedy
04-04-2007, 08:20 AM
AHA..
THERE'S FANS FOR VIII + IX + X + XII
DO YOU EXPECT ANY PROJECTS FOR THESE? SOON MAYBE?

I'M AT WORK TYPING TO CUSTOMERS AND SUPPLIERS- THATS Y

Ryushikaze
04-04-2007, 05:37 PM
Have sufficient fans been clamouring for sequels for sufficient time?

Of course, 10 did get a sequel.

Dragon Mage
04-05-2007, 01:48 AM
They've been clamouring for a remake.

Kanshisha
04-05-2007, 07:27 AM
whoa... first it was squall from FFVIII now its cloud.....what has this world come to?

Rase
04-05-2007, 08:06 AM
Why not?

psyniac_123
04-05-2007, 10:31 AM
They've been clamouring for a remake.

*death*
Define "clamouring". If you're talking about (stupid) fans, then hey, sure. But Square have said nothing on makinga remake except "it could be done".

SAVE US ALL FROM FFVII REMAKE. DON'T RUIN IT.
At least, pay more attention to other old games, or better yet...
MAKE NEW GAMES!! :eep:

I bet, while I've been typing this, FFI & II have been mischeviously rereleased on a further three consoles :weep:

Yliette
04-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Yeah. Remaking a game and recreating franchises seems to exploit it, which can be bad.

And what does remaking FFVII have anything to do with the hatred for Cloud? :confused:

Araciel
04-06-2007, 03:14 AM
because he sucks.

Yliette
04-06-2007, 08:36 AM
because he sucks.

And why's that? Care to explain?

Remedy
04-07-2007, 05:07 PM
maybe because Araciel can't stand him? gag

Rokk
04-07-2007, 11:14 PM
I LOVE to HATE Cloud...
Or do I HATE to LOVE Cloud?!?!?!

sephiroth66
04-07-2007, 11:24 PM
I have a reason for not liking cloud but this is really just my own opinion.I dont like cloud's ego it annoys me and i am a massive fan of sephiroth

sephiroth66
04-07-2007, 11:26 PM
ha i can read ur message it is just back to front

cloud_doll
04-08-2007, 06:56 PM
I like Cloud. But of course, ff7 was the first ff i played, and before i was used to games like chrono trigger and dark cloud where the main character doesn't even speak! so i liked his personality and everything. but i can see why most people dislike him since after playing 9 and 10 how Tidus and Zidane have great personalities and are happy-go-lucky types of people. then when you look back at cloud, it's like, w0w that's depressing. but still he's awesome.

Chaosfan84
04-09-2007, 06:17 PM
cloud is just a pain but girls find him cool:choc2:

Mercen-X
04-09-2007, 09:18 PM
"You want something to drink?"

"Gimme something hard." Gay.
-----------------
"Talk, if you don't . . . I'll chop'em off." Disturbing.
-----------------
Cloud in a hot tub with Mukki. Gay.
-----------------
Peeping Cloud
-----------------
"Crap, it's Seph. Where's that bigass sword I stole . . . er, received from Zack?"

Chaosfan84
04-10-2007, 10:34 AM
Cloud isn't that bad, but people are gettin anoyed because his fanbase is bigger than his, is all

i hate him cause he isn't as animated throught the story as much as the other character, so i find him boring