PDA

View Full Version : guitar hero 3 music.

boys from the dwarf
03-29-2007, 07:58 AM
what do you want it to have.

i learned just a couple of minutes ago the the X-box 360 version of guitar hero 2 has "The Trooper" by Iron Maiden, on it. upon reading that i began swearing and puching things. the trooper was a song i've been desperate to play on guitar hero, but at least their not ignoring iron maiden. hopefully there will be some maiden on GH 3. EDIT: after hearing the vocals on youtube, im sure bruce dickinson himself would agree that that sounds nothing like him.

also, something with Ronnie James Dio. hes a brilliant singer. he was in rainbows less famous early years. black sabbath in the 80's and his own band Dio. he was also in a band called elf but i know nothing about that and very few people do. Dio! Dio!

Sephex
03-29-2007, 08:03 AM
I am not a big fan of these guys, but "Welcome Home" by Coheed and Cambria would be a perfect choise. I know what you are thinking if you only heard of these guys, "Not emo stuff!" Believe me, I am not into emo stuff. The song in question sounds like progressive rock and has a great structure. It has an amazing guitar driven opening, good repative beat for the verse, excellent guitar work for the chorus, and a nasty solo near the end!

A DragonForce song would be nice for obvious reasons, too.

Setzer Gabianni
03-29-2007, 09:23 AM
Good lord, DRAGONFORCE! These guys are <3
It would give me such a pleasure, just to try and attempt these songs on hard mode.

El Bandito
03-29-2007, 10:28 AM
Good lord, DRAGONFORCE! These guys are <3
It would give me such a pleasure, just to try and attempt these songs on hard mode.

Just take a look at the fan-made ones for modded PS2's. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_29IFMJNt7s)

But yeah Dragonforce and Tenacious D are at the top of my list. I would say Iron Maiden, but "The Trooper" is already confirmed for the Xbox360 version of Guitar Hero 2.

Slothy
03-29-2007, 11:44 AM
More Rush, a better Van Halen song (in fact, they should just get it over with and put in Eruption), and for god's sake, put some Tool in the game. If only to see all the guitar player wannabe's (and actual guitar players for that matter :p) struggle with the rythm.

GF_Diablos
03-29-2007, 12:32 PM
Meatloaf and Bon Jovi would be nice

Black Mage FF1
03-29-2007, 08:14 PM
I would love to see Protest The Hero and The Fall Of Troy in the next guitar hero. Both bands are amazing and have great guitarist.

Protest The Hero - Turn Soonest To The Sea

Fall Of Troy - I Just Got This Symphony Goin'

Those songs would be amazing to play.

Kirobaito
03-29-2007, 10:37 PM
I would love to see more acoustic stuff. I hate the songs, but the game is so much fun.

I Took the Red Pill
03-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Get me Eddie Van Halen's Eruption and I'll be happy.

Even though it's already been modded (http://youtube.com/watch?v=gvR-WDV7koo).

Jowy
03-29-2007, 10:48 PM
Guitar Hero III needs Stairway to Heaven to be the obnoxiously long song that nobody wants to play. 8-)

Slothy
03-30-2007, 02:07 AM
Guitar Hero III needs Stairway to Heaven to be the obnoxiously long song that nobody wants to play. 8-)

Except that everyone loves Stairway. Anyone who claims otherwise is a liar.

Masamunemaster
03-30-2007, 05:06 PM
Just for the fun of it B.Y.O.B. by System of a Down

Laddy
03-31-2007, 09:41 PM
For some reason, Heart-Shaped Box was the song that could have been either 'Come As You Are" or "Smells Like Teen Spirit." So, either one would be nice.

Stairway, DUH!

A little more Rush, some Aerosmith, Heart, and something that IS NOT Fall Out Boy, God, I hate them.

ThundagAuron
04-01-2007, 12:29 AM
Pssh, Stairway to Heaven is NOT long.

However, my wishes:

Master of Puppets or Damage Inc. - Metallica
Glass Prison - Dream Theater (13:52 of awesome)
Final Product - Nevermore
Travel in Stygian or Angels Holocaust- Iced Earth
22 Acacia Avenue - Iron Maiden (\m/)
Jaws of Life - John Petrucci (Good Luck)
Nothing Ever Dies - Kamelot
Time - Pink Floyd
! Foreword - Pain of Salvation
K'm Pee-Du-Wee or Eugene's Trick Bag - Steve Vai
Masquerade - Symphony X

ReloadPsi
04-01-2007, 12:44 AM
Well anything's better than Jessica :)

I'd rather have 2 Minutes To Midnight, but I guess The Trooper is best known. Plus the former's been in a game already... wait, so had Them Bones. Ah shucks, I'll quit moaning.

It's too bad they probably can't have music from other games. Imagine something by The Black Mages in there!

JaytodaP
04-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Revelations- AudioSlave
Take The Power Back- Rage Against the Machine
Master of Puppets- Metallica
Fire- Hendrix
Layla- Eric Clapton
BYOB- System of a Down
Holy Wars... The Punishment Due- Megadeth

boys from the dwarf
04-05-2007, 09:03 PM
"Crazy train" and "Mr. crowley" by ozzy osbourne have been done on youtube videos through hacking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7wyBz9T8F8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARM7565Snww&mode=related&search=

for you maiden fans theres a "hallowed be thy name" thing on youtube. i'd love to play some of these songs. if only there was some good way of easily getting these songs instead of being stuck with the songs that the game gives you (even though the songs the game gives you are well designed and very good.)

and their the versions with Randy Rhoads. Zakk wyldes good (especially with bark at the moon) but compared to the Rhoads years, ozzy osbourne with Zakk Wylde is boring (no offense seems as i like them both.)

theres also highway star by deep purple. the guitar solo on that is brilliant but evil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFaY_8XSZ7I

The Last Ancient
04-06-2007, 11:41 PM
How bout some Queen.

I Don't Need A Name
04-15-2007, 03:12 PM
some metallica would be cool, and a little more Hendrix. i know people would attack me for this, but also some more modern stuff.(yes most of it is just power chords but some arent)