PDA

View Full Version : Weird Weapons...

Dark Messenger
03-29-2007, 11:37 AM
Who uses the measures? They pierce defenses, but they also have a 50% chance of giving stuff like Regen/Protect/Haste! Why would you want to do this to the enemy? It would make it so you'd have to waste some time with Dispel. And it's stupid to attack allies just to for this...

So what's the point of the Measures when Guns pierce defense as well and don't add any buffs!

Also, the Rod of Faith adds Faith on an attack, but I think it was better in FF Tactics where it gave Always Faith (along with Add Faith still, but it's better).

silverjunky
03-29-2007, 12:06 PM
i think the whole idea with measures is that you can whack you various party members and give them some good buffs for only a little damage (cause measures do pretty much squat damage) and this means you dont have to constantly waste your mp redoing your buffs the old fashioned way.

rubah
03-29-2007, 04:02 PM
Protip: keep a measure or two on hand for when your party gets Confused. it keeps you from dying so hard.

Sergeant Hartman
03-29-2007, 04:28 PM
I haven't had many, possibly cause I sold them all.

Renmiri
03-30-2007, 02:50 AM
Pretty useless IMHO

Lexy
03-30-2007, 08:38 PM
I equip measures when I'm using only magic and in an area where the baddies do a lot of heavily damaging physical attacks, so I can equip a shield as well and thereby have a high evade stat. All the measures I have have +25 evade (do they all? I don't know), so equipped with a demon shield, you get +65 (I think) evade. I think measures are the only 1 handed weapon with a high effect on evade, so really in some situations they're your best bet.

Shiva_
03-30-2007, 09:26 PM
I sometimes equip them on my guys along with shields when I'm going through areas where enemies love to do things on my guys that cause the Confuse status effect. These maces and measures inflict the least amount of damage. Additionally, they have a chance of giving you a positive status effect upon a hit.

On each trip to the leveling-up room of the Henne Mines (2nd part), I was keeping maces/measures and shields on everybody because getting hit with confusion is often a problem near that room. On the whole trip to that room, physical attacks weren't necessary at all to take out the mobs on the way there.

Renmiri
03-31-2007, 12:50 AM
Why are measures good against confuse ?

I always used Ally: confused / Smellig Salts with no problems

Shiva_
03-31-2007, 04:58 AM
Why are measures good against confuse ?

I always used Ally: confused / Smellig Salts with no problems

Confuse can wipe out your party quickly if they have the ultimate weapons or other really powerful weapons. Berserk + Confuse is the worst overall.

So right after an ally gets hit with the Confuse effect, it's a good idea to switch him with a measure before his ATB gauge fully charges. This way, when he does attack an ally while he's in the confused state, the damage he inflicts on him will be very small, and he has a chance to give an additional positive status effect as well.

There's nothing worse than having your guy with Haste and/or Bravery equipped with something like the Zodiac Spear get the Confuse effect, and then he one hit kills your entire party then KO's himself with it (that's happened to me before).

I have my Smelling Salts gambits at top. The deal is that, sometimes, the Smelling Salts may not get out there to the confused allies in time although it works most times.

Using measures is also the best way to survive if all three of your allies are hit with the Confuse effect at the same time. Same with being hit with Berserk + Confuse at the same time.

Renmiri
03-31-2007, 06:35 PM
Cool, that makes sense! Thanks!