PDA

View Full Version : Ogir Yensa sandsea Over level

Formalhaut
03-29-2007, 05:09 PM
Im planning on going to the Ogir-Yensa Sandsea (1st time ever) with all my characters at lvl.30. Is this the good for a over level?

Oh and I luckliy (Im never lucky...) got a golden armour from the Rare game Arieeriel. What are the chances of getting a suit of golden armour.

Setzer Gabianni
03-29-2007, 05:43 PM
I got into the Tomb of Raithwall with my team at level at level 17/18, so you'll be fine. You may even be able to take on the Mad Bomb rare game, Pineapple if you find it, and on the oil rig in the top left hand corner of the map, where you see lots of circles, I wonder if you would dare taking on the level 45 beaty that hovers around =P

PuPu
03-30-2007, 01:14 AM
You should just get to about lvl 20 by the Ogir-Yensa Sandsea. You REALLY don't need to and shouldn't go all the way to lvl 30.

I wonder if you would dare taking on the level 45 beaty that hovers around =P

The Salamand Entite will still be too much even at level 30, since it can still do about 1500-2000+ to everyone at a time with Firaga. And at lvl 30 you probably only have about 1500HP anyways, unless you get Augments. Unless you get lvl 3 Quickenings for everybody, the Salamand Entite will easily kill you at lvl 30.

But hey, at least you probably won't have trouble with Demon Wall #1. Especially the easier Demon Wall #2.

Renmiri
03-30-2007, 02:36 AM
Entites are level 45

Setzer Gabianni
03-30-2007, 11:50 AM
Yeah, that's what I said, the thing that hovers around is level 45

KasaiDraco
03-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Man, I'm at the Miriam place and I'm only at level 25!

Renmiri
03-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Ouch!!!

You guys in Europe can do stuff at the lowest levels!!! I was level 34 at Miriam.

Hazzard
03-30-2007, 09:15 PM
No, i don't do things at low levels. At mirim place i was level 34 as well.

PuPu
03-30-2007, 10:21 PM
For those of you who are over leveled, do you do it on purpose, or do it accidentally? Also, why? I mean, do you really have trouble with the enemies, or do you just like doing things in a really easy way?

By the way, I know Entites are lvl 45. When I said Lvl 30, I meant if his party was lvl 30.

Captain Maxx Power
03-30-2007, 11:31 PM
You guys in Europe can do stuff at the lowest levels!!! I was level 34 at Miriam.

It's basic conversion, our levels have more value than your levels. One level in Britain's about Two and a half in the US.

Renmiri
03-31-2007, 12:26 AM

It's basic conversion, our levels have more value than your levels. One level in Britain's about Two and a half in the US.
:D ROFL :D

I was just about the lowest leveled on the threads this last november. Now you guys are doing stuff 10 levels below me. :eek:

dennenappelke
03-31-2007, 01:49 PM
I was just about the lowest leveled on the threads this last november. Now you guys are doing stuff 10 levels below me. :eek:

We're just better

McLovin'
04-01-2007, 10:12 AM
Level 30 is fine. You now don't even have to train for upcoming bosses.

Skyblade
04-01-2007, 04:50 PM
For those of you who are over leveled, do you do it on purpose, or do it accidentally? Also, why? I mean, do you really have trouble with the enemies, or do you just like doing things in a really easy way?

Actually, my extremely high levels come as a direct result of killing the required number of enemies to fill the Bestiary for each area before moving on.

Ko Ko
04-01-2007, 06:12 PM
HAHA. Ogir Yensa sandsea is all level 20 stuff, isnt it?
I think you're fine.

GOD GUNDAM
04-02-2007, 04:57 AM
My party is lv 35-37 and I'm just only at Barheim Passage!

Renmiri
04-02-2007, 04:25 PM
My party is lv 35-37 and I'm just only at Barheim Passage!

OK, THAT is over levelling :p

The black mage
04-02-2007, 04:30 PM

We're just better
Thats true

GOD GUNDAM
04-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Well, when I just got Basch at a guest he was at lv 38! I just beat the Mimic Queen in one hit since of my quickenings!

Hazzard
04-02-2007, 06:21 PM
Well, when I just got Basch at a guest he was at lv 38! I just beat the Mimic Queen in one hit since of my quickenings!

The first half of the game is gonna be way too easy for you now, i think you should of leveled up to something like: Level 15-20 and that would of been over leveling at its max. Being around level 35-40 in that part of the game may appear fun, but now you're just gonna end up seeking no action and will hardly get touched by Bosses.

Geez...I was like level 14 at the stage you're at:mog:

GOD GUNDAM
04-03-2007, 01:14 AM
Well, I'm planning to get to the maximum level which is what LV 99 I assume in order to battle elite marks! I wonder when do you need to be around LV 35-40 in the game?

PuPu
04-03-2007, 01:49 AM
I bet all you overlevelers here wouldn't stand a chance against XII on Active. ;)

GOD GUNDAM
04-03-2007, 02:01 AM
Wild Saurian attacking my Vann solo will die if it was in active battle mode!

Hazzard
04-03-2007, 10:17 AM
I bet all you overlevelers here wouldn't stand a chance against XII on Active. ;)

Active is easy. I'm on the fastest speed and on active. From the very beginning I set it as my custom.
And its my first time playing it, and no one can beat me. :)

PuPu
04-03-2007, 11:58 PM

Active is easy. I'm on the fastest speed and on active. From the very beginning I set it as my custom.
And its my first time playing it, and no one can beat me. :)
Well duh, its really easy if you overleveled ALOT. :p Though not as easy if you don't purposely level grind. For example, the final boss is REALLY hard on Active and fastest speed especially if you are only about lvl 40-50.

Hazzard
04-04-2007, 12:06 AM
That's true. The ideal level to be at that stage and that particular boss fight is 55. But my Vaan is already 58. I'm heading for like Level 80 for the boss battle. Cause i wanna do other things before that (explore 2nd part Henne mines...Get excalibur from higher area of great crystal)

Renmiri
04-08-2007, 01:39 AM

Pfft! XII runs slooow as a turtle with arthritis! I did half of the game with Active on max speed. I only had to switch to Wait because my 6 year old keeps wanting to play and it's too hard for him.

Xurts
04-08-2007, 05:08 AM
Why do you guys over level so much? Seriously. It's complete overkill and takes all of the challenge out of the game. Not to mention that it's a huge waste of time. I was around level 30-35 when I was at the Salikawood, and I still found that easy.

Renmiri
04-08-2007, 05:56 AM
Bet you skipped King Bomb ;)

Xurts
04-08-2007, 07:14 AM
Bet you skipped King Bomb ;)
nope. It took forever to kill it though because it kept restoring its HP and spawning a bunch of smaller bombs. That's one of the most annoying things I've ever seen an enemy do. What's even worse is that some of the Marks do that too.

Hazzard
04-08-2007, 01:14 PM
I think you're wrong Xurts. You can still have a challenge at level 99, with certain foes. I've never reached level 99 in any game before, and just play it normally but I know that in XII that I'm 10-14 levels ahead of the place I'm supposed to be in. I'm just completely all the hard stuff now, and then going to carry the story later on. I'm just laying in wait to see if there will still be a creature/fiend/person who will still challenge me in the story. But i definitely know that there are optional bosses who would kick my ass!

Xurts
04-08-2007, 05:02 PM
I think you're wrong Xurts. You can still have a challenge at level 99, with certain foes. I've never reached level 99 in any game before, and just play it normally but I know that in XII that I'm 10-14 levels ahead of the place I'm supposed to be in. I'm just completely all the hard stuff now, and then going to carry the story later on. I'm just laying in wait to see if there will still be a creature/fiend/person who will still challenge me in the story. But i definitely know that there are optional bosses who would kick my ass!
I meant over leveling way beyond necessary at certain stages of the game. Like the guy that was level 38 at Barheim Passage. Nothing is going to be even remotely challenging until much, much later on in the game, not even Elite Marks. I understand overleveling a bit for Marks and such, because I've done that at times. Gaining 20-30 levels for the hell of it is just a waste.

Hazzard
04-08-2007, 05:11 PM
Yeah, that's just not needed. I beat all the monsters and bosses at that stage in the game with quite ease, and was the normal level. I didn't even dare to overlevel at that stage. It certainly takes away the challenge of a good tug-of-wars, and lowers your own appreciation towards the game's bosses because they get killed off in like 20 seconds, maybe less!

PuPu
04-09-2007, 02:35 AM
Seriously, why overlevel? To beat stronger monsters such as Elementals/Entites early? If you have trouble with a dungeon or boss, it could mean that you are underleveled (or need a better strategy and gambits) but still. I would probably assume that overleveling is to make the game easier, but things such as being lvl 38 at Barheim is really unnecessary; unless you just want to just cruise along the game with 0% challenge, if that is the #1 reason why you play or enjoy RPGs.

People might accidentally overlevel from trying to collect lots of loot, but only by about 2-3 levels. Aren't games (especially RPGs) supposed to be challenging, and by overleveling, you take the challenge out of it? After all, that's why some people even prefer to be underleveled (my pal Goldenboco beat the game at around lvl 43, me around 46, and of course those who have done the 122333 challenge).

Renmiri
04-09-2007, 07:14 AM
I love killing a boss in 20 seconds. I'd overlevel like crazy if leveling up wasn't so boring!

As it is I was usually a bit under level compared to the other Americans on the forums but overleveled compared to the players in Europe.

Just HOW do you finish the game at 46 ?!?! I could have finished it at 55 but level 46 sounds like massacre to me!

PuPu
04-09-2007, 01:32 PM
Just HOW do you finish the game at 46 ?!?! I could have finished it at 55 but level 46 sounds like massacre to me!

Bubble, Protect, Haste, and Shell on my characters (Bravery and Faith aren't that important). I used Pheasant Netsuke with Phoenix Downs and X-Potions rather than Curaga, Curaja, or Arise sometimes, since he attacks very quickly; especially after he uses something like Gigaflare Sword, weakening them to about 500 HP then using quick physical attacks to kill them. Yeah, you're right, it was a massacre; when one out of my two parties died, I revived them with my second party. But hell, it was awesome. And IMO I had a lot more fun than I would beating him in 20 seconds.

You could try underleveling in a new game. You might find it a lot more fun and challenging, especially against bosses like King Bomb.

Renmiri
04-09-2007, 02:47 PM
hell, it was awesome. And IMO I had a lot more fun than I would beating him in 20 seconds.

You could try underleveling in a new game. You might find it a lot more fun and challenging, especially against bosses like King Bomb.

Wow, great strategy!

Yeah, I might try underleveling one of this days. Sounds fun the way you described. :D

Oddly enough King Bomb and his minions were one of my 20 second fights, and I wasn't too overlevelled. I was around level 40 and didn't even use quickenings. I wish I had taped that battle because I can't remember what I did right :cry:

Hazzard
04-09-2007, 03:26 PM
20 seconds, Geez, it took me around 8 minutes and I was around Renmiri's levels. I beat him nevertheless though. I don't purposely overlevel, I'm just like 10 levels ahead than what I should be at the moment, but at least I havea justified excuse, which is that I'm collecting/selling loot, and doing some hunts here and there before I lose ..... as a guest. Plus.....Is to valuable to lose at the moment, because of his awesome critical/double hit combos.

Gokalia
04-09-2007, 05:07 PM
The king bomb was like a 30minutes foir me to beat it because i secrewed up my quickings and forgot to save, fran, basch, penelo and balthier were already dead it was just Vaan and Ashe.

Hazzard
04-09-2007, 06:35 PM
Haha, I bet you accidentally done a three move chain. I hate that :skull::skull::skull::skull:

Gokalia
04-09-2007, 06:38 PM
lol ya your right i got inferno... it sucked...