PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden DS

JKTrix
03-30-2007, 12:49 PM
Read about this yesterday, here are some of the magazine scans with images.

http://www.gamebrink.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14385

I'm really interested in seeing how this turns out. I know they won't put out a terrible game.

This game is played in Portrait/Book style, which is mega bonus points for me. But then this means that the game will likely be controlled mostly with the touchscreen. Interesting stuff.

Rostum
03-30-2007, 01:07 PM
Oh hellz yeah!

Dreddz
03-31-2007, 07:14 PM
It'll be intresting to see how this game will work. Seeing as its Ninja Gaiden, it will kick ass no doubt. Ive always stuck close with the Ninja Gaiden series, so Ill definately be picking this up.

Roto13
03-31-2007, 07:21 PM
Hmm. A 3D action came controlled primarily with the stylus? I don't see this working.

lufia
03-31-2007, 07:23 PM
i look forward to it

KentaRawr!
03-31-2007, 07:46 PM
I've always wanted Ninja Gaiden. However, I wonder how well this will work.

Also, there are a few pictures on IGN.

Erdrick Holmes
03-31-2007, 09:39 PM
Hmm, I can see how this will turn out.

Me playing Ninja Gaiden: *throws DS* FUCK THIS GAME! I CAN'T FUCKING BEAT THE FIRST BOSS!

Rostum
04-01-2007, 12:14 AM
Hmm. A 3D action came controlled primarily with the stylus? I don't see this working.

You know sometimes I think "Wow, this Roto guy is pretty cool!" and then you pull crap like this. :mad2:

Dreddz
04-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Hes just pointing out what is on all of our minds.

Roto13
04-01-2007, 03:31 PM

You know sometimes I think "Wow, this Roto guy is pretty cool!" and then you pull crap like this. :mad2:

I really don't see how this is going to work. I don't see how they can do it without it being weird and awkward.

But hey, if it turns out to go well, awesome.

Rostum
04-02-2007, 12:03 AM
I know, I was joking around just so I could get a chance to tell Roto he's cool. You dorks!

Roto13
04-02-2007, 12:46 AM
I know, I was joking around just so I could get a chance to tell Roto he's cool. You dorks!
Well I kind of take that as a given. ;P

JKTrix
04-02-2007, 01:32 PM
VIDEO (http://www.gamebrink.com/nintendo-ds/2727-Ninja_Gaiden_Dragon_Sword-video-1.html)

So, moving is done with the stylus. Tap the screen to throw Shuriken, draw a quick arc downwards to do a downwards slash. I wonder if you 'slash' in different direction, would Ryu slash in that direction? Like, horizontal swipe=horizontal slash, upwards arc=upwards (maybe lifting) slash. He does a horizontal slash near the beginning of the video, but that looks like the standard 'running slash'.

For Ninpo (magic), when activated it goes to a scene where you draw a kanji character on the screen. It looks like there will be an outline of the character on screen, so no worries about memorization for us non-Japanese readers (unlike games like Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow and Lost Magic, where you have to memorize symbols). Looks like there's a counter below it for timing, and perhaps spell effectiveness levels as well as it seems to count down pretty slowly. I'm not entirely sure what happens after that, because it looks like the same type of spell is cast but with a different effect. It looks like each spell will have multiple variations on how to use it after it is cast.

He also appears to do a jumping flip after the first spell, but he doesn't touch anything on the face. I can assume that the Jump button is the Trigger, where your off-hand thumb rests when holding the DS in Portrait style.

They didn't show any of the combos, limiting the melee example to a single 'tate-kiri' (sword slash). I'd like to see how that's done, but even this video looks very promising. It seems to be quite smooth, so I wonder how it will handle multiple enemies on screen--how bad slowdown will be if it happens. This video quality isn't super good, but take a look at the images I posted in the first post, then look at this video, and you can see that this will be a pretty impressive looking DS game.

I am officially stoked.

Dreddz
04-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Game looks a little shody, I dont see this working at all.