PDA

View Full Version : Snow day!

Freya
03-30-2007, 09:19 PM
So I'm snowed in. I can't even get out my front door. It's spring for christs sakes. We've got like 3 feet of snow. 2 days now i've been out of school because of it. So what do you do on snow days?

There were these demons that were itching for it so I went through a portal and decided to kill them and their buddies. Then some guy asked em to go kill more demons so I did that too. Then I went and killed some mean guys in alterac valley.

Oh btw here's some pics of my front porch. That was last night now its a bit higher. Stupid drifts.

Jowy
03-30-2007, 09:35 PM
Where the HELL do you live?

We've had one snow day throughout 13 years of school. I slept in and then played video games all day.

Freya
03-30-2007, 09:52 PM
Where the HELL do you live?

Wyoming. It's our biggest snow of this winter though.

DM_Melkhar
03-30-2007, 10:17 PM
We never get snow that bad in England. In other parts of the UK like Scotland perhaps, but it's never happened where I live. We get like, three inches of snow occasionally and the whoe affected area comes to a standstill. The UK doesn't know how to deal with snow.

When I went to high school, even in the worst snow, it never closed. Half the other schools in Norfolk and Suffolk would be closed, but ours never did. I wish I could have been able to stay at home due to a school closure at least once, but alas!

Serapy
03-30-2007, 10:53 PM
Just buy snow shoes and you will do fine.

escobert
03-30-2007, 11:01 PM
I don't have snow days anymore.

SammieBabe
03-30-2007, 11:03 PM
We don't get snow. But we did, when I was in school, occaisionally get hurricane days. But the storm would always turn and hit Miami, so we'd go to the beach...

Bunny
03-30-2007, 11:42 PM
Yeah, Colorado had some snow the other day too. I'd assume it was the same storm, but they weren't hit as bad as Wyoming was.

I've never had a snow day in my entire life. That is mostly due because I went to school exclusively on the west coast. Where snow does not exist. There was snow one time in Washington on a weekend though. Oh well.

Zeldy
03-31-2007, 01:03 PM
I have never seen snow like that in all of my life. :(
Where I live in the UK, even when the UK is predicted the most snow in years we get like not even an inch, and its just MUSH even then, thats if we're lucky xD
Damn Scotland, Wales and Midlands taking it all >=[

Spiffing Cheese
03-31-2007, 01:13 PM
I have never seen snow like that in all of my life. :(
Where I live in the UK, even when the UK is predicted the most snow in years we get like not even an inch, and its just MUSH even then, thats if we're lucky xD
Damn Scotland, Wales and Midlands taking it all >=[

I get just as small of an amount of snow as you do. :p

And awwww man I want snow like that. :(

Remedy
03-31-2007, 01:39 PM
we don't have snow - and the pics are chilly ^^
once I visited my hometown long a go
the house entrance looked like the one in your pics - but instead of snow there were dust!

Vikeve
03-31-2007, 03:50 PM
I get snow all the time I remember it being so high It went up to my waste and I would sink in.:) But thats a lot of snow you got there I hope you don't have to shivel that all.:eek:

We also get flooded too as I'm sure you remember me complaining about.:(

Edit: So Remedy did you make a dust angel?:eek:

Freya
03-31-2007, 04:11 PM
Well you see those are drifts. The wind blows it around the houses and it piles in one spot. Take it this is my sisters house. I haven't been able to go home since thursday because of road closures. I live in the country and my mom told me we had a ten foot high drift. But my bro-in-law was shoveling it yesterday so it's all good.

Sefie1999AD
03-31-2007, 09:36 PM
Wow. Almost all of the snow here has melted already. It's just normal to have some really snowy days here in winter, so I don't really do anything special on snowy days. I try to avoid huge snowdrifts, though. It's not too nice to have half of your feet sink in the snow, and wet socks aren't overly nice, either. :p