PDA

View Full Version : Comparing FFX NA and FFX PAL

lordbolton
03-30-2007, 09:52 PM
Okay, so heres the dizzel (deal). I've got NA and i want to know the benifits of PAL so post what you liked and what you didn't like about it.;)

Tavrobel
03-30-2007, 09:57 PM
PAL sucks, NTSC doesn't. That's the difference.

This page just about covers it. (http://www.eyesonff.com/ff10/ffxpaldifferences.php)

lordbolton
03-30-2007, 10:12 PM
Okay...but I want to know why you say that.;)
What did you personaly not like about it?

PuPu
03-30-2007, 10:30 PM
Square Enix also gave the PAL version the Dark Aeons and Penance. From the looks of it, they were definitely a lot harder than Th'uban, Nemesis, Greater Sphere, any other Creation, or any other boss in FFX.

If only I lived in England or some other European country...

lordbolton
03-30-2007, 10:43 PM
I guess you could order it online or something...

Tavrobel
03-30-2007, 10:50 PM
What did you personaly not like about it?

Because it's clearly obvious.

lordbolton
03-30-2007, 11:08 PM
Well what you gave a link to was just like stat bonuses and unique abilities. But whatever...

Tavrobel
03-30-2007, 11:22 PM
Looks like someone needs to learn how to scroll down.

Nevertheless, those are the only gameplay changes, unless you want me to talk about the differences between the European and American brand television screens, power output, voltages by socket, and more technical stuff, etc.

lordbolton
03-30-2007, 11:24 PM
WOPPS! My Baddness!:D sry bout that (im impatient)

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
03-31-2007, 07:44 PM
doesn't PAL jus hav everything NTSC does but more, with the addition of DA's n penance? and it's not like this can be a bad thing as it is possible to do all the game and the vast majority of sidequests without encountering them (with exception to jecht sphere in besaid, and getting fayth pressies from besaid and macalania).

therfore, PAL better :D

jammi567
03-31-2007, 08:31 PM
PAL definatly get the best deal with the DA.

Sefie1999AD
03-31-2007, 08:54 PM
The PAL version has the benefit of having an Expert Sphere Grid, so you can customize your characters better, although you'd better be familiar with the ordinary Sphere Grid or your characters will only end up worse. I think having Dark Aeons in the PAL version is more of an annoying feature than a good thing because they block your way to loads of locations, and if you want to get somewhere, you'll either have to level up for dozens of hours or use dirty tricks and hope that Yojimbo will use Zanmato.

Enjolras
04-01-2007, 08:26 AM
They only block your way into Besaid village and Macalania temple. Dark Valefor is easy as pie, and Dark Shiva isn't too challenging once you've levelled a bit.

Trance_Kuja
04-02-2007, 08:00 PM
PAL always get better games in any sense, we get them after which means bugs and glitches are fixed and extras are added plus better box art for every game released in both regions. (America gets poor art work, PAL gets superior).

lordbolton
04-03-2007, 01:45 AM
no i need an international PS2 to run it?

Tavrobel
04-03-2007, 03:49 AM
European, yes. You also need an adapter to be able to use the power source, since European sockets are different from American ones, and said plugs are also adapted in such a way.

If you live in America, there's little you can do besides bitch about European commodities, unless you are willing to spend the money for the equipment you need.

lordbolton
04-03-2007, 11:45 PM
*grunt* Ok, thanks. I'm from da USA. (why the EDIT cant we all just have the same eletrical sockets and other crap like that...)

jammi567
04-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Because then, everything would be fair

Tavrobel
04-04-2007, 08:20 PM
why cant we all just have the same eletrical sockets and other crap like that

Different technologies evolve in different countries at different rates. Either socket would overload (or ruin) the other socket, causing massive blackouts due to different energy requirements, expenditures, and other such stuff. If you REALLY want to know why (despite this lawman's explanation), take Electrical Engineering in College.

crazybayman
04-30-2007, 04:45 PM
If you live in America, there's little you can do besides bitch about European commodities,
Funny how its the other way around, about North America and International release dates.

Which gets to the point: why do people bitch and complain so much about a delayed release date, when they usually get extras with the Euro/Aussie release?

Tavrobel
04-30-2007, 08:08 PM
Release dates trump extra content.

This is, unless of course, the new content is nigh close to a full game overhaul.

Breine
05-02-2007, 09:01 PM
The PAL version has the benefit of having an Expert Sphere Grid, so you can customize your characters better, although you'd better be familiar with the ordinary Sphere Grid or your characters will only end up worse. I think having Dark Aeons in the PAL version is more of an annoying feature than a good thing because they block your way to loads of locations, and if you want to get somewhere, you'll either have to level up for dozens of hours or use dirty tricks and hope that Yojimbo will use Zanmato.

Yeah, the fact that battling against the Dark Aeons isn't choosable is pretty darn annoying. I dig the fact that the PAL version has the Expert Grid, though. After playing through the game for the first time, you'll never go back to the Standard Grid ever again because the Expert one is simply much more fun and flexible.