PDA

View Full Version : White Mages Suck!

darksword12
03-31-2007, 05:50 AM
I hate white mages more than an emo cuts himself. :)

Light Mage
03-31-2007, 06:07 AM
Really? Gee, that's too bad.

No Cure spells for you when you're at Critical HP then...

:tonberry:

But yeah, they suck at offensive fightingness... until they get Holy! Then p*ss a White Mage off and all hell breaks loose!

:D:D:D

Nugget Mage
03-31-2007, 06:09 AM
I've readed the forums and according to people:

Black Belts Suck
Red Mages Suck
Black Mages Suck
Thieves Suck

Now the White Mages suck? Everyone sucks then.

darksword12
03-31-2007, 06:09 AM
I am kidding, you know.

Edit: With this thread, there has now been mention of hatred for every ff1 class.

Sefie1999AD
03-31-2007, 05:20 PM

Black Belts Suck
Red Mages Suck
Black Mages Suck
Thieves Suck

Nobody has said that the Fighters suck. Unless you include the Black Mage from the 8-Bit Theater. :p Anyway, I think White Mage is a pretty useful class. I'm into a more defensive gaming style myself, so I'd rather take a White Mage and a Red Mage (RM provides some extra healing) than a WM and a BM. Besides, the White Mage still gets some offensive spells, such as Harm/Dia spells and Fade/Holy, and if you want her to do some physical damage, just give her the Masamune.

ReloadPsi
03-31-2007, 05:36 PM
Oh man, I started a retarded forum fad. Now I really feel complete. *dives off a cliff*

darksword12
03-31-2007, 05:44 PM

Black Belts Suck
Red Mages Suck
Black Mages Suck
Thieves Suck

Nobody has said that the Fighters suck. Unless you include the Black Mage from the 8-Bit Theater. :p Anyway, I think White Mage is a pretty useful class. I'm into a more defensive gaming style myself, so I'd rather take a White Mage and a Red Mage (RM provides some extra healing) than a WM and a BM. Besides, the White Mage still gets some offensive spells, such as Harm/Dia spells and Fade/Holy, and if you want her to do some physical damage, just give her the Masamune.

Check out this thread:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=102247

LoKuS
03-31-2007, 06:45 PM
just grab a red mage.

DeStyle
04-01-2007, 12:47 AM
[!]N0 f0r realz, white mages ar3 teh seckz!@!!!!!!!111

i own3d this wh174 mag4 onec dna he p00ned every111~~!!!!!!!

HAGHAHSFFDAAASFASD APRILS FOOSL J0ke !!!! OMGLIEK!!!oneone!!

P.S> Darksword, I hope you meet PoeticallyPathethic in
person and he (or she) beats you UP for using offending
emo jokes.[/!]

This post was neither needed nor acceptable. Do not make posts like this again.

~Void

Momiji
04-01-2007, 12:59 AM
I hate white mages more than an emo cuts himself. :)

And I hope a rabid gerbil eats your fucking eyes out of their sockets for that comment.

And White Mages SO do not suck. I hope your whole party dies.

Bluecho
04-15-2007, 11:23 PM
Of all the classes, White Mages are most likely the most important jobs to have. Even if you have a load of powerful attackers, they need healing and the Red Mages lower level healing, as well as potions, are just not enough in the later dungeons.
Plus, after much research in FF1 and later titles, I discovered that while the White Mage has lower defense and attack, she has a pretty good speed stat, as well as a defense higher than that of a Black Mage. So she often dodges more attacks than the BM, and receives less of a beating when she does get hit. Why do you think White Mages stands in front of Black Mages during a combat situation?
So, while White Mages are no good when it comes to taking on enemies, she is more often the only thing making sure her allies can keep up their attacks. Every class has their place, and a White Mage's place is to keep herself and others alive. What's a powerful party filled with great strength and black magic worth if they're all dead?

darksword12
04-15-2007, 11:24 PM
JESUS H. CHRIST! I WAS KIDDING!!!

Seriously, every party I have ever made has a white mage in it.

Light Mage
04-16-2007, 04:29 AM
White Mages suck.

Black Mages swallow.

ReloadPsi
04-16-2007, 08:35 AM
Well to go by Uncyclopedia which is ironically not supposed to contain useful information, White Mages are usually one of the only things that make it necessary to have a White Mage in the party in the first place.

Their FF1 page is what ultimately converted me over to Red Mage love.

Black Mage FF1
04-16-2007, 09:10 AM
The WM is easily the most useless class in the game. If you need healing, then take a red mage. At least they can cause offense when healing isnt needed.

Dr. Acula
04-16-2007, 10:56 AM
White Mages don't suck. They have Holy, as well as higher defence and HP than a Black Mage.
You could always take a Red Mage, but they can't use as much magic.

Black Mage FF1
04-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Holy is weak and useless. By the time you get it you can easily beat the game. Black mages are useless too, but I already covered that enough times.

Peter_20
04-16-2007, 06:03 PM
White Mages suck.

Black Mages swallow.XD

Knight > everyone else! :D

ReloadPsi
04-16-2007, 08:25 PM
Holy is weak and useless. By the time you get it you can easily beat the game. Black mages are useless too, but I already covered that enough times.

I'm surprised you haven't considered a name change already XD

feioncastor
04-23-2007, 07:43 PM
If you're shooting for an easy pass through the game, both White and Black Mages will slow that process down. However, if you're looking for a fun and challenging experience, you should attempt a diverse party, rather than 3 Fighters and a Red Mage.

I've done all sorts of arrangements, and I think White Mages add a lot to the game as far as challenge goes. They die really easy, and since they're the ones with the LIFE spell, you have to completely go back to a town when they die, which sucks, but eventually you learn how to make them not die. Plus, HARM and HRM2 have saved my life when passing through places with a lot of those Geist or Specter enemies, since they usually stun everyone after one turn, and then gradually kill them. As long as your white mage can pull off a single HRM2, you'll probably be okay.

Roogle
04-27-2007, 12:10 AM
Isn't the most difficult type of game with all characters of the same job the White Mage?

darksword12
04-27-2007, 02:36 AM
Wow, here I was joking and there are actually people who hate white mages?

Rarely do I have a party without a white mage in it. Holy and nuke actually have served me well by the end of the game; they're unrivaled for a good mass-damage spell, but the only problem is that you can't use them often.

Black Mage FF1
04-27-2007, 03:16 AM
Wow, here I was joking and there are actually people who hate white mages?

Rarely do I have a party without a white mage in it. Holy and nuke actually have served me well by the end of the game; they're unrivaled for a good mass-damage spell, but the only problem is that you can't use them often.

Which is why they are overrated and a Red Mage/Wizard can easily replace.

I don't really hate the wm/bm, I just think that they suck and are a waste of space.