PDA

View Full Version : Whats the deal with Giruvegan?

Hazzard
03-31-2007, 10:49 AM
I had just ventured through the whole of Feywood, and i expected to find an exit to Giruvegan or an unknown place. But to my dismay i found out that the only exit was to either return back to Golmore Jungle or go into the second (Hard) part of Henne Mines. So does anyone know where or how to get to Giruvegan?

CloudStrifex
03-31-2007, 11:03 AM
Riight- travel through the Fey wood, keep referring to yer big map like, get to the blue save cryst.. and you shoud be near another exit that takes you to the rafflesias or something to that effect..
If you've killed that beast, then keep on heading down and into the snow fields with the killer mantis and the behemoths.
If you've been there, stand on one of the shrines with a lit up glyph on the ground, and rotate ur camera until you see an image of a ?jungle? in one of the spaces. head out of the shrine towards this image, and continue to the next shrine etc until you can move to the next section properly.
Do the same again in the second area, jus heed the harder enemies.. Once you reac the door that won't open, summon Belias and open the door again.. et voila!
Giruvegan, my worst place of the whole game. Have fun.

No.78
03-31-2007, 11:07 AM
Wait till you get IN Giruvegan. I used a walkthrough because I really could not be bothered to make my brain hurt any more than it did lol

CloudStrifex
03-31-2007, 11:08 AM
LOL how awkward is it in that place.
The giant cryst. takes the p*ss more.
UGH.

Hazzard
03-31-2007, 02:34 PM
haha, i actually looked on the walkthrough straight after i made this thread. I beat the boss with ease and the behemoths and killer mantis' were surprisingly weak and couldn't lay a finger on me until i found a couple of behemoths which were berserk.

Thanks guys, and now i am so not looking forward to going inside Giruvegan. By the way--what level were you lot?

Levels for Hazzard:

Vaan-(51)
Ashe-(43)
Balthier-(43)
Basch-(43)
Penelo-(43)
Fran-(43)

Is this good levels, and what were yours?

CloudStrifex
03-31-2007, 02:39 PM
GAH ur high! =]
I wasn'y tht high, I've completed the game and most of the hunts now,
Vaan: 69
Penelo: 56
Balthier: 66

I'd need to check for the others, but ee good luck yah.
Don't think you'll need it though.

Orophin
03-31-2007, 03:59 PM
haha, i actually looked on the walkthrough straight after i made this thread. I beat the boss with ease and the behemoths and killer mantis' were surprisingly weak and couldn't lay a finger on me until i found a couple of behemoths which were berserk.

Thanks guys, and now i am so not looking forward to going inside Giruvegan. By the way--what level were you lot?

Levels for Hazzard:

Vaan-(51)
Ashe-(43)
Balthier-(43)
Basch-(43)
Penelo-(43)
Fran-(43)

Is this good levels, and what were yours?

:eek:

My party was at lvl 38-39 when I first went to Giruvegan.

Setzer Gabianni
03-31-2007, 05:14 PM
;_; I wasn't far ahead. My main party is level 40..

Renmiri
03-31-2007, 05:26 PM

:eek: What a massacre!!! :eek:

CloudStrifex
03-31-2007, 05:32 PM
LOL tbh I found myself running in Giruvegan, and rushing to find the green platform things..

Ko Ko
03-31-2007, 07:43 PM
I hate that stupid giant crystal.

CloudStrifex
03-31-2007, 07:45 PM
GaH it sucks.
I was sooo conused by the map too, the first one in the game I was like; 'Whaa- nuuu where my map'.

Renmiri
03-31-2007, 08:00 PM
The Bahamut has no map either

CloudStrifex
03-31-2007, 08:01 PM
That sucks also.. lol.
Bahamut is straight forward-ish though.

Renmiri
03-31-2007, 08:42 PM
As long as you don't go through the rooks. They were harder than the final boss!

CloudStrifex
03-31-2007, 08:44 PM
I know! I foiught them for ages thinking they would stop coming and there was no other way.. And my best weapons were dealin like half damage.. pfft =p
x

Garnie
03-31-2007, 08:46 PM
ya know when i found out that all i needed to do was spin on the dais in the feywood. i was well pissed of! ah well...

CloudStrifex
03-31-2007, 08:48 PM
LOL yeah i got a bit stuck there tbh.
Where are you nw?

Hazzard
03-31-2007, 10:26 PM
Well i ventured through some of Giruvegan, and beating up the gargoyles, Behemoths, golems and other creatures--was so easy! But i kinda decided that it was time to leave that place and do some more side-quests and hunts. I went to do Antillion Infestation and it was so...easy in a way. I used no quickenings and just killed off like 5 of the killer mantis' which were guarding the mark. That took like 35 seconds. Then it took like 3 minutes to kill of the proper Mark. The only thing which pissed me off was when it used 'Flatten'.

But Vaan had like: 4300 HP, and the others are in their late 2000's.

CloudStrifex
03-31-2007, 10:28 PM
Yeah Antlion isnt too hard.. Although it's an elite mark isnt it?
'Moff to fight the Seer mark.. Eee hope I'm strong enough nw.

Hazzard
03-31-2007, 10:32 PM
No, it's just a normal mark.
It's V ranking.

CloudStrifex
03-31-2007, 10:35 PM
Aiii okaY.
Wht wep are yu using for Vaan?

Hazzard
03-31-2007, 10:37 PM
I only have Claymore at the moment.
He's like level 52, and do you know if there should be a more powerful wep at this point in the game for my chars.
EXCLUDING ZODIAC SPEAR (CAUSE I MESSED THE CHEST THING UP)

CloudStrifex
03-31-2007, 10:40 PM
Ahaha I messed up with tht too.. oh well, I think theres still 1/1000 chance to get it from a different chest lolol.
I don't know what I was using at ur level.. I missed claymore out lol. I remember findinf the 'Save the Queen' early bt ee.. Sorry cant help.

Hazzard
03-31-2007, 10:45 PM
Argghhh, thats a shame. Well i'm still looking for greatswords because i've got bored using my claymore. By the way, i think you've guessed-Vaan is my main char.

Where did you find Save the Queen?
Claymore can be purchased in Archades by the way!

CloudStrifex
03-31-2007, 10:48 PM
I THINX i got save the queen from a hunt, and then later it becomes available in balfonheim.. Serious go complete Giruvegan its easy jus long, then catch up with ur marks etc.. thats what I did.
Can I ask what ur play-time is?

Hazzard
03-31-2007, 10:52 PM
I think its around 80 hours. What was yours around this point in the game?

CloudStrifex
03-31-2007, 10:56 PM
Bout 70. Now its 90 lolol. It scares me does the play-time.. Haha.
|-) who else is in yer main party?

Hazzard
03-31-2007, 11:10 PM
I don't have a main party. I train everyone equally, but have Vaan as a sort of main leader--who's always in the team.

Vaan-(52)
Ashe-(45)
Basch-(44)
Penelo-(44)
Fran-(44)
Balthier-(44)

CloudStrifex
03-31-2007, 11:13 PM
Yeah I did that, but then I started favouring a mage (Penelo or Ashe) and like.. one levelled faster, and I gave in. But now I'm training Basch who is level 37 lol.
My main team is Vaan, Balthier, Penelo =]

Renmiri
04-01-2007, 03:13 AM
Don't ask my playtime if you don't want to get scared!

CloudStrifex
04-01-2007, 08:39 AM
Go on Renmiri =p.
How far are you, and whuts ur play-time?

Hazzard
04-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Go on Renmiri =p.

Haven't you seen her thread about her playtime--shes done 1000 hours and completed the game like twenty times!

Oh yer, i got Bubble magick now-but i dont like the way that i have to get bubble belts to keep it on and risk gaining double EXP:(

So much accessories...I wish it was like KH were you can just add on multiple stuff!:mad:

Mirage
04-01-2007, 03:13 PM

Are you kidding?

I found the woods really easy at level 42. The boss went down without me touching anything, too.

Hazzard
04-01-2007, 03:15 PM

Are you kidding?

I found the woods really easy at level 42. The boss went down without me touching anything, too.

No, she means Giruvegan--not Feywoods, because there is a big difference betwixt the difficulty in both areas.

Both were easy for me though :p

Setzer Gabianni
04-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Go on Renmiri =p.

Haven't you seen her thread about her playtime--shes done 1000 hours and completed the game like twenty times!

Oh yer, i got Bubble magick now-but i dont like the way that i have to get bubble belts to keep it on and risk gaining double EXP:(

So much accessories...I wish it was like KH were you can just add on multiple stuff!:mad:

Renmiri loves the story, that's why. That's why she has completed the game so many times.

Orophin
04-01-2007, 03:44 PM

It wasn't easy but it wasn't hard either.

dragontamer
04-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Go on Renmiri =p.

Renmiri loves the story, that's why. That's why she has completed the game so many times.

who doesn't like the story?
its embaresing, but my time is 110hours, im in the middle of the feywood and riht now im training for my hunts (i like the side quests)

vaan-42
balthier-40
fran-49
basch-50
ashe-40
penelo-50

a great place to train is the golmore jungle, on the paths of chained light. have only one character, equip him/her with the embroided tippet (archades, chest in mosphoran highwaste) and your reserves with golden amlets (eryut village) and go kill the panthers!!
they wield 1000exp EACH (2000 with the tippet) and regually drop coerel pelts- 99 of which sells for a whopping 44000+ gil,and also, the reserves will get filthy rich in LP!!
lets see, kill 89 per hour (as i have), with a bit of running around (well, fleeing as to not break the chain) you can get around 178000 exp and 178 LP for the reserves, not to mention the gil!

MWAHAAAA!

dennenappelke
04-03-2007, 12:57 PM
a great place to train is the golmore jungle, on the paths of chained light. have only one character, equip him/her with the embroided tippet (archades, chest in mosphoran highwaste) and your reserves with golden amlets (eryut village) and go kill the panthers!!
they wield 1000exp EACH (2000 with the tippet) and regually drop coerel pelts- 99 of which sells for a whopping 44000+ gil,and also, the reserves will get filthy rich in LP!!

In old Archades (or was it Balfonheim? whatever, you're already past both points if you're heading for Giruvegan) you just can buy these embroided tippets, and equip your main 3 characters with it. In the Feywood and in Giruvegan you also gain 1000exp each, and that while playing with 3 characters :love:

Setzer Gabianni
04-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Coeurl pelts are nothing.

Wait till you get to Sochen Cave Palace and start stocking up on the Maggoty Flesh. 33 pieces got me 20+Kgil. Just 33 piecies <3

Icerose2300
04-03-2007, 07:23 PM
I just sat in Giruvegan and beefed my guys up. My currnet game time is at like 101 hours and I can go onto the Bahumut, But I am not going to yet.

Hazzard
04-03-2007, 08:58 PM
Hey what level did you get to for ALL your guys, Icerose?
And I'm talking about finishing the whole of Giruvegan (including great crystal,but obviously not the higher floors of it)

Icerose2300
04-03-2007, 11:26 PM
My levels at Giruvegan, where-
42-Vaan
43-Balthier
43-Fran
42-Basch
43-Ashe
43-Penelo
I don't play favorites I equally beef them up.
After I was done with Giruvegan, and the Great Crystal I had them all at level 48

Hazzard
04-03-2007, 11:32 PM
Lol. Great gamers level grind alike!

58-Vaan
48-Ashe
48-Penelo
48-Basch
48-Fran
48-Balthier
55-Reddas

So what's your best weapon at the moment?

Icerose2300
04-03-2007, 11:44 PM
I can't remember, I think it's a Axe or a Hammer.Haven't played in a few days, got a little bored of just leveling and leveling...... You know how that goes, But yeah great gamers think alike......lol

Human Devil
04-04-2007, 02:37 AM
Wow I must have alot of work to do cuz im at the part after I beat that boss in Feywood and by that gate, I was about tot make a post on how to get through that gate but I see how now. Also I think my hours are only like 46 and here are my character levels.

Vaan:43
Balthier:27 lol
Fran:31
Basch:44
Ashe:33
Penelo:30

Everything hasnt been too much trouble, kinda easy.

Icerose2300
04-04-2007, 03:37 AM
I see ya like Basch and Vaan huh? You really should beef all your guys up, You never know when you'll need them.

Setzer Gabianni
04-04-2007, 08:45 AM
You shouldn't have to. Takes too much time in the end. ;D

Hazzard
04-04-2007, 11:57 AM
Setzer...I think with his levels he should really aim for everyone to at least be in their late 30's. Cause there are some fiends who are around level 48 in the extreme part of Giruvegan. Just giving you the heads up!

The Unknown Guru
04-04-2007, 11:55 PM

Whaaaaat? I was at about 35 and had no trouble whatsoever. Ultima, however, is another story.

Oh, and Hazzard is WAY overleveled. I was about 45 when I beat the Pharos.

Hazzard
04-05-2007, 12:05 AM
That's funny, because I'm supposed to travel through the Pharos at this minute--but i would rather get my party up to level 55 and make sure Vaan is on his 60's. ;)

Human Devil
04-05-2007, 11:57 PM
Im at Giruvega (probably spelled it wrong) and i went through 2 sections and got to a point its a dead end. Can someone help me out?

Hazzard
04-06-2007, 12:33 AM
Yeah, you have to make sure all the little statues are activated and their guarded by the Mytrill Golems. Then you can go through the sealed off areas and then function another statue sort of thing.
After that their is a secret path, right near the end of that area and is guarded by two more Golems.

Human Devil
04-06-2007, 01:03 AM
A little farther after they have a short scene talkin about they'll never know what they'll find here. theres like this big egg lookin thing down there.

Hazzard
04-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Oh, I know where you are. Well venture through that area, and there are no monsters there at the time being. There will be a massive large staircase and make sure that you try to follow the side path of it and then directly in front of it is an invisible path, where you follow down and fight the Boss Tyrant. If you struggle with that battle, then read the thread in this forum about: 'How to beat Tyrant'.

Human Devil
04-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Well I beat everything in that place went throught that giant crystal and fought that Esper, everything was pretty easy. I beat it last night and Ashe talked to those Occuria and gave here the Peace Sword. So are we done with Giruvega?

Hazzard
04-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Yep, good job!
Now make sure you go back Balfomein and then train up in Cerobi Streppe. By the way, there are quite a lot of good weapons and magicks you can buy in Balfomein now, so purchase them--find Reddas. Then go to the Cerobi Streppe and get beating those levels!

By the way, may i ask what levels your team are?

Aurons_Desciple
04-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Vaan - 47
Balthier - 47
Fran - 47
Basch - 13
Ashe - 13
Penelo - 13

Human Devil
04-07-2007, 01:36 PM
Vaan-45
Balthier-31
Fran-32
Basch-46
Ashe-33
Penelo-32

Hazzard
04-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Alright, level up at least one more of those 4 characters you haven't been training up much or do the hard and much more rewarding thing, by leveling up the four characters you haven't used in a while to Vaan and Basch's levels. Definitely make sure you grind in Cerobi Steppe, and once you make sure everyone is a decent level (40-45) then go Nabreus Deadlands.

Here's my characters levels:

Vaan-62
Basch-52
Balthier-53
Fran-52
Penelo-52
Ashe-52
Reddas (guest)-55

By the way, I'm at exactly the same stage as you and only purchased four Espers at the moment. One was optional.

Human Devil
04-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Yea that lightning goat. But do you know how to get some of there good weps like there secret ones? Or more Espers? I did look up on how to get some of the Espers and its really complicated and hard.

Hazzard
04-07-2007, 03:53 PM
Well, a real simple one to get at this point in the game is probably Zeromus in the shrine of Miriam. He's hard though, and I myself still haven't beaten him, but I did attempt when i was like level 40 and tried giving him a run for his money. His little re-spawing friends really started to annoy me though, so be careful there!

Renmiri
04-08-2007, 12:19 AM
Adrammelech and Exodus are also fairly easy.

Zalera is easy too but you have to do Dantro's wife quest. It is a fun quest though.

Human Devil
04-10-2007, 09:41 PM
Well I have Exodus and im not really planning on getting Zeromus yet, cause I hear you cant use magicks in that battle. Im mainly focusing on getting Zalera and Cuchulainn right now.

Hazzard
04-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Hey, where'd you get Exodus?

PuPu
04-10-2007, 09:55 PM
Some info on the optional Espers:

Adremmelech doesn't have very high HP, and you can kill him in the lvl 20s if you are good enough with Quickenings. Zalera is also not that hard and can be beaten in the 20s as well. You only have to kill about 2 Dead bones, then attack him during that battle and kill him in under 5 minutes. Just use Phoenix downs to revive and don't bother healing, since he inflicts Death a lot. Oh yeah, and make sure your characters' levels aren't a prime number, or you will be sorry.

Cuchulainn is annoying. The Magick field around him causes a status like Sap, though it drains your HP MUCH faster. He can also additionally inflict Sap to further annoy you. During the battle, some Foobar enemies will appear; kill them with Magicks or Quickenings, since they will be a nuisance. And watch out for his Immobilizega attack.

Exodus isn't too bad. He spends a lot of time casting Reflect, which can prove to be his downfall. However, his Magick is very strong and he can even use Scathe to deal about 3000 Damage to your characters. Scathe is AoE though, so you can avoid most of it by spreading out your party. Though you can't use Items in this battle, it shouldn't be that hard.

Zeromus can be hard. The reason is because you are not allowed to use Magick against him, and you probably rely on magick a lot. Dark Lord enemies also infinitely spawn to annoy you as well. With the Pheasant Netsuke accesory and all the Phoenix Lore augments, Phoenix Downs can restore you to full health. Since you cannot use Magick with your MP, that only leaves you with Quickenings. Use Quickenings and kill the Dark Lords when you run out of MP. This way, with Headsman and Inquisitor Augments, you can restore your MP for more Quickenings.

Chaos is VERY annoying. He summons a bunch of minions to help him, and you want to kill them quickly, since they cast Silence to harass your party. You are also not allowed to use "Attack" in this battle, meaning you will have to use Magicks (Shock or Bio are probably the best for you to use, since they don't take up much MP or have long animations like Flare and Holy) or Telekinesis. His Whirlwind attack can do high damage and probably kill you in one hit, and his Aeroja can cause Confuse, which is VERY bad. Watch out for Fearga as well, since you really need MP in this battle.

Ultima is just as bad, if not worse than Chaos. Probably the most annoying part of her is getting to her, which involves navigating through the Great Crystal of Giruvegan. As you get closer to Ultima, the monsters also become tougher (up to around level 60 monsters). It's possible to do this in the 40s or 50s, though it will be HELL. Once you finally get to her, the battle will be tough because of the Magick field. It alternates between previous ones you've encountered (e.g. HP drain, MP drain, No Magick, No Attack, No items, Magnetic field, etc.) She'll use Holyja a lot, and it can cause Reverse too. You'll need Sage's Rings and White Masks to absorb it.

Zordiark you can find out for yourself. ;)

Hey, where'd you get Exodus?

Mosophoran Highwaste. You have to touch the right shrines to lead up to the path to Exodus.

Hazzard
04-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Alright, but can you now tell me where you find Zalera?

PuPu
04-10-2007, 10:30 PM
Alright, but can you now tell me where you find Zalera?

Have you got the Barheim Key yet?

Hazzard
04-10-2007, 10:49 PM
Yeah, but I heard that you have to venture through Garamslythe Waterway to get to the Barheim passage, again.

PuPu
04-10-2007, 11:00 PM
No, No. You enter Barheim from the Estersand from the Weather-Beaten Door. I think I might have been the one who told you that could enter from Garamsythe. But that's not what I meant.

I meant that in the area where Zalera is located, you will be able to get to Garamsythe from there once you beat him.

Hazzard
04-11-2007, 12:04 PM
I get all what you're saying, but when I go to the entrance of the Barheim passage in the Esterlands. The people still say that I cannot enter because it is blocked off, and that their leader is still in there. I just want to get in, DAMMIT.

So do I have to do something special to get in or something, cause I done the sidequest to get the actual key?

Human Devil
04-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Yea all I need now is Zelera and Zeromus at the time. So how do I get this key? And what do I have to do once I get it.

Oh yea. Where can I get a pheasant nesuke?

Renmiri
04-11-2007, 05:23 PM
Go back to the Estersand where you did the quest, talk to everyone there. Then try talking to everyone near the entry. You should find the woman who was sick (the boss is a woman) and she will help you open the passage for you

Human Devil
04-11-2007, 11:57 PM
Wow Zeromus waz pretty easy :P All I need now is Zelera which should and will be easy like all the others. (except for Chuculainn a little bit.)
But I'll give you guys a hollar if I have trouble.

JulieisWHOA
12-11-2007, 04:12 PM
How do you get through the Scorpio gate? It says that powerful magics block the way, but I thought I lifted all the levers.

Leeza
12-11-2007, 05:55 PM
JulieisWHOA, could you please start a new thread for your question? This thread is a bit too old to be revived. Thank you. :)