PDA

View Full Version : psx iso back to psx cd format?

syun_ukiya
04-02-2007, 03:22 AM
i borrowed some psx games from my friend. i converted them to iso so i can save some bucks burning them to dvdr instead of cds. will it be possible to return them back to psx cd format now that they're converted to iso? how?

Dragonface
04-02-2007, 03:30 AM
Was the games a difftent version of the PS itself?

Mirage
04-02-2007, 03:56 AM
Open the iso file with a CD recording program, then make the program start the recording process, and you should be all set. Note that you need a modified PS1 in order to make copied games play on a PS1.

And I have no idea what Dragonface is talking about.

syun_ukiya
04-02-2007, 04:03 AM
can you give me a good cd recording program that will burn my iso to psx with ease?

Mirage
04-02-2007, 04:08 AM
Nero will do it, so will Alcohol 120%. Every CD recording software should be able to do this, including the one you probably got along with your CD/DVD recorder.

But again, all this is useless if you don't have a modified PS1.

o_O
04-02-2007, 07:16 AM
You mentioned that you want to save money by burning them to DVDs instead of CDs.
If you're meaning that you'll burn several ISOs to one DVD, you won't be able to play the games, since each need to load a table of contents (ToC) at boot time of the PS2. You'll simply end up with a "Please insert a Playstation or Playstation2 format disc" screen, or only one game will boot.

You can, however, burn single ISO files to DVD and play them on a modded/swap disc'd PS2, even though the ISOs originally came from CDs.
If you're going to be burning to DVD, you can't beat <a href="http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/">DVD Decrypter</a>. Just click Mode > ISO > Write, specify the ISO file and hit the burn button to burn the image.

Mirage
04-02-2007, 07:27 AM
To me, it seems like he is asking if it is possible to create PSX-readable CDs from the ISO files after he put them on a DVD. This is possible if the ISO is either moved back to the hard disk, and then opened with a CD writing program, or if the computer has both a DVD reader and a CD/DVD writer, and then just open the file on the DVD through the CD writing program.

But yeah, you still need to circumvent the relatively simple copy-protection mechanisms present in PS1/PS2s.

Discord
04-02-2007, 11:51 PM
Eh... you don't need a moded PSX. I've still got my old box, from the very start of the PSX era, and I can easily run copies of the originals.*shrug*

Mirage
04-03-2007, 09:30 AM
First I've heard of.

Killy
04-03-2007, 06:00 PM
I heard that the very first models of playstation didnt have anti-piracy stuff in it.

Mirage
04-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Well, most PS1s aren't the very first model, so i would not expect his to work without a modchip.

Discord
04-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Well, most PS1s aren't the very first model, so i would not expect his to work without a modchip.

Absolutely no kidding. Umm... let me see, SCPH-5502 PAL is the one I have. No chip in there and it all works perfectly fine.

Do you really think that the old PS protections could stand a chance against Alcohol 120% or Clone CD? Sounds shifty to me.

o_O
04-08-2007, 12:04 AM
The old PSX protection could easily stand up to Alcohol 120% or Clone CD.
In fact, there is nothing that either of those programs can do to circumvent that protection. :p

PSX region-locking and copy-protection works by intentionally burning fake or incorrect data into the subchannel region of the CD. This is something that conventional burners simply aren't capable of, since they'll automatically correct the fake subchannel data. So it's the hardware that is the limitation, not the software. :p

Discord
04-08-2007, 01:54 AM
The old PSX protection could easily stand up to Alcohol 120% or Clone CD.
In fact, there is nothing that either of those programs can do to circumvent that protection. :p

PSX region-locking and copy-protection works by intentionally burning fake or incorrect data into the subchannel region of the CD. This is something that conventional burners simply aren't capable of, since they'll automatically correct the fake subchannel data. So it's the hardware that is the limitation, not the software. :p

Can't the software override the auto-correct? I thought it could...