PDA

View Full Version : The good ol' days, when we stunk at video games.

KentaRawr!
04-02-2007, 03:28 PM
This video is from we considered 100% on an easy song in Guitar Hero amazing. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIX4BWuQik0) Now we realize though, we sucked at Guitar Hero then. >_>

So, what video games do you rock at now, but sucked at before?

Jowy
04-02-2007, 03:36 PM
After many years of abuse and Moonraker Lasers to the face, I became a halfway decent Goldeneye player. ;D

Peter_20
04-02-2007, 04:01 PM
Right now I kind of rock at Goldeneye 007, because I've ALMOST beaten several World Records, and I also have completed some levels on 007 Mode with all settings at the max.

Back in 1998 I didn't even know how to turn off the antenna computer on Surface #1. XD
I always destroyed it, and then one day I tried pushing B, and it worked!
I felt like an idiot. :D

Roto13
04-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Any game that was the first game in the genre I played.

Bunny
04-02-2007, 05:36 PM
I wouldn't exactly call the days I wasn't good at video games "the good ol' days". More like "the frustratingly stupid oh-my-god i hate your face" days.

I suck less at Super Smash Bros. I still suck but it is less suck.

ljkkjlcm9
04-02-2007, 05:47 PM
I only suck at a video game, for a short period of time. I have a very high learning curve for games.

Now, I don't compare to my Dad, who is 60, in Wario's Woods. He is amazing at that game, but on the other hand, I'm amazing at Tetris and Tetris Attack. My family competes in puzzles games if you didn't know, cause that's all my dad plays.

THE JACKEL

Deborah
04-03-2007, 12:41 AM
Eh.. I suck at every game. Although I do enjoy playing them all very much! But I haven't been playing this much in a long time so theres still hope! maybe..

Lionx
04-03-2007, 01:58 AM
Fighting Games mostly, other than that its FPS and RTS.

Spammerman
04-03-2007, 02:00 AM
I dont suck at games. Im pretty good at them.

Rostum
04-03-2007, 02:29 AM
When I was younger, I loved adventure/puzzle games (for instance, Myst, Riven, King's Quest, Monkey Island). Though I was never good at them (being so young and all), at least my dad was there to play through with me as we both enjoyed the team work, though I think he did most of the figuring outs. =P

But now I still love them, and I can get through them at a reasonable rate. Recently finished off the Myst series and Dreamfall.

Other than that, I used to be really good at 2D side-scrolling platform games, mainly because I played them at least every day. But now I go back to play the ROM's and I'm not as good. ,_,

scrumpleberry
04-03-2007, 06:25 PM
I suck at FPS's, hate them. I used to be really bad at spyro..when I was around 6. I'm pretty bad at most fighting games, I'm ok at platformers. In general, I'm rubbish at games but still love them.

Captain Maxx Power
04-03-2007, 07:25 PM
RPG's definately. I had no concept of levelling and exploration.

Tavrobel
04-03-2007, 08:06 PM
Super Mario NES and Duck Hunt. I didn't play anything else until I beat those.

Hazzard
04-03-2007, 08:10 PM
I used to cry like a Bitch, when i got beat by the COM while playing Fifa.

TyphoonThaReapa
04-03-2007, 08:55 PM
A'yo, maybe you never heard the name. Typhoon A.K.A Tha Reapa. I'm the one that takes all challengers to their graves. It's what I live for. YOUR AGONY!!!!!!!!!! SO YUUUUUMMMMMYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

Hazzard
04-03-2007, 08:56 PM
A'yo, maybe you never heard the name. Typhoon A.K.A Tha Reapa. I'm the one that takes all challengers to their graves. It's what I live for. YOUR AGONY!!!!!!!!!! SO YUUUUUMMMMMYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

Just shut up...I bet i can beat you any day at any two player game...:cool:

TyphoonThaReapa
04-03-2007, 08:58 PM

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR SOUL IS MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hazzard
04-03-2007, 08:59 PM

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR SOUL IS MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your ass would get BEAT if we played a few rounds of Tekken! :)

TyphoonThaReapa
04-03-2007, 09:03 PM

Your ass would get BEAT if we played a few rounds of Tekken! :)

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?! I KNOW YOU DIDN'T JUST SAY TEKKEN!?!?!?!? OUT OF ALL THE GAMES IN THE WORLD, YOU CHOOSE TEKKEN!?!?!?!? THAT ASS IS MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hazzard
04-03-2007, 09:10 PM
I'm not here to state my opinion. I'm here to state a fact, my friend.

TyphoonThaReapa
04-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Lol your funny my friend. A'yo, you have no idea how bad I can kick your ass with Nina, Lei, Yoshimitsu, Jin, Kuzuya, and , my favorite, Azuka. You wouldn't last 5 minutes.

Elite Lord Sigma
04-03-2007, 09:41 PM
I used to be so terrible at Marvel vs. Capcom, that I'd regularly lose to my cousin (who is the one who actually owns the game) when he used Dan. Now, we're about even.

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Please keep conversations not pertaining to the thread's topic, i.e. who can beat who in Tekken out of the thread and confined to Private Messages.

Hazzard
04-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Sorry Void, i just gotta bit caught up in the old battle between who's better and stuff.

On topic--Yeah, I think i've now improved over the years, after countlessly playing them when ever i get the chance!

TyphoonThaReapa
04-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Sorry Void, i just gotta bit caught up in the old battle between who's better and stuff.

On topic--Yeah, I think i've now improved over the years, after countlessly playing them when ever i get the chance!

Ditto.

nozkits
04-03-2007, 10:49 PM
This video is from we considered 100% on an easy song in Guitar Hero amazing. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIX4BWuQik0) Now we realize though, we sucked at Guitar Hero then. >_>

So, what video games do you rock at now, but sucked at before?

Everyone who starts out playing an FPS sucks at them.. Trust me the really really good players are the ones who played with the best players, but would never get a kill.. They will just keep dying, and dying. Yes that was me.. I was able to pick up a lot of skills, and a great deal of tips given to me.. So much so when my class started getting into redfaction lan parties int he computer lab. I would always place in second(the guy in first had no life so he was all 1337).

oddler
04-04-2007, 01:08 AM
I've found lately that I'm much worse at games now. Almost everything I used to play, I suck at so bad compared to what I used to be able to do. :(

Moon Rabbits
04-04-2007, 02:09 AM
I first started seriously playing DDR on Christmas 2006, when DDR:superNOVA was one of my gifts.

At first, basic songs boggled my mind. Now I can score A's on Heavy and AA's on standard on a regular basis. Mmmmmm~

Mo-Nercy
04-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Lol your funny my friend. A'yo, you have no idea how bad I can kick your ass with Nina, Lei, Yoshimitsu, Jin, Kuzuya, and , my favorite, Azuka. You wouldn't last 5 minutes.
Wow. Finally. Someone so pro at Tekken that he doesn't need to spell character's names properly (Kazuya and Asuka btw)

A good judge of fighting game ability is whether someone can talk the talk. The sheer amount of terminology that comes with each series of fighters is huge compared to other genres.

I would say Tekken and Soul Calibur (esp. SC2) are the games where Ie experienced the greatest increase in skill. I'm a bit more consistant with landing my juggles now in Tekken and I'm a better poker though my turtling needs work (fact is, I just can't play against certain characters). I spent more time and money on Soul Calibur 2 than any other game and I must say, it really paid off. I'm terrible these days though, SC3 really changed my Cassey style and I find it much harder to read opponents because I've forgotton a lot of other character's movesets.

Oh. And Pump It Up and DDR as well. Although, I'm quite sure that EVERYONE sucks at DDR the first time. It's just one of those practice-and-get-better things.

Markus. D
04-04-2007, 11:18 PM
-_-;

the days when people use to watch people playing DDR.

I SUCKED so bad the first time I played DDR -___-; and got laughed at.

~jaymz~
04-15-2007, 07:44 PM
RO. 6 months ago I sucked SO hard. It was eeeeeeeeew. But I;m quiet good now.