PDA

View Full Version : Donīt you think Tidus was annoying?

Mr.Bogus
04-02-2007, 07:45 PM
I really believe he is one of the most annoying characters in Final Fantasy history i mean the laughing scene just really makes me mad!!!!!

Maybe itīs because of his voice...:confused:

Little Blue
04-02-2007, 10:11 PM
Oh dear god, not another one of these threads. I think I'm going to cry, but I'll save it for the next FFX-2 hate thread.

There are worse characters in FF history that no one seems to make threads about, like Zell. Go hate him for a while.

The laughing scenes sucked yeah, but they were story driven, but that's hardly a reason to hate Tidus. Instead, perhaps his whinny attitude for the first half of the game is a better reason, but he does develop into a better character later in the game.

Tavrobel
04-02-2007, 10:12 PM
Oh dear god, not another one of these threads. I think I'm going to cry, but I'll save it for the next FFX-2 hate fanboy thread. Allow me to take the time to say, that this has been done before, and you are neither bringing anything new, exciting, nor undiscussed to the table. Your needless hatred of Tidus is an affront to the God of the Israelites FFX peoples, LunarWeaver. Your needless demeanor of pointlessness and un-SEARCH button using blasphemy, is a crime against your Savior from Elitism, Jesus Maxx Power. At this point, you are just feeding into the hands of the Devil, yes, the DEVIL, Psychotic. Learn not to hate, but to LOVE and to share the joy of the world, the love between father and son, the Holy Spirit Cruise Control Genji mistress Lekana. Shame on you all for bringing this affront to the Bacteria of the Computer!

Mr.Bogus
04-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Well i can imagine that there are a lot more "Do you find Tidus annoying threads"!

Well i donīt hate him but his voice itīs just so...i would imagine Zell might have had a similar voice perhaps.

Plus the fact that he only matures since the later portion of the game...although he doesnīt mature that much either:eep:

Hazzard
04-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Zell is actually a cool character and Tidus shouldn't even be spoken in the same sentence as him. Let alone the same breath.

Tidus is alright and the laughing scene nearly forced me to commit suicide. It was so robotic and false. The whole party was embarrassed as Yuna and Tidus were laughing over each other's crappy smiles. How pathetic... But at the last quarter of the game, he really steps up the mark--especially when he has an emotional confrontation with Jecht, and realizes that he loves him. But he must be killed to save the life of people in Spira.

Mr.Bogus
04-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Make no mistake i am also a Zell fan!:)

Well i like the way Tidus faces his father in the end...it was emotional.

But for the biggest part of the game he acts more like a fool than anything else...although he is on a "new world" it seems he just remains a small punk kid.

There were times where i just wanted him to not say a line because of his voice:mad:

Hazzard
04-02-2007, 11:04 PM
Agreed. I think Vaan's his wacky clone.

TyphoonThaReapa
04-02-2007, 11:49 PM
Agreed. I think Vaan's his wacky clone.

Hmmm...I don't have a problem with no character voice. Maybe attutudes. But Tidus is a cool character. Now Vaan, his character suck.

4evarisha
04-03-2007, 12:03 AM
I think he is not annoying but The voice actor is.

Mr.Bogus
04-03-2007, 12:28 AM
I would prefer his japonese voice and not understand a word then his english voice:mad2:

Take for example Aurons voice itīs just calm...

But not Tidus is voice tone it made me turn off the sound on my third playthrough:eep:

Tabris
04-03-2007, 09:37 AM
I've never understood all these complaints about the voice acting. I don't have a problem with any of the voices in FF-X.

The only thing that annoyed me about Tidus, was his superficial attitude and his lack of respect to other people's customs and traditions.

ReloadPsi
04-03-2007, 10:03 AM
Tidus' actual actor is very talented; I've heard a lot of his other work. My favourite James Arnold Taylor act is easily Wooldoor Sockbat of Drawn Together, though he also did a good job of Leo in TMNT. Even if he did just sound like Tidus with a moodier tone :/

jammi567
04-03-2007, 09:26 PM
The character of Tidus was a bitch in the beginning, get over it.

Yliette
04-05-2007, 02:04 PM
I've said it once and I'll say it again. Tidus' whiney and immature character was a highly crucial part in his character development. And it's a nice ingredient to the characters' side of the story. He learned to share, to sacrifice and to fight for what's right.

yojimbosoul
04-13-2007, 06:07 AM
sigh...

Okay, Tidus isn't as bad as I thought ... he was worse .... actually quite to the point that I stopped playing halfway because the squeaky voice pitching around in the begining started hurt my head.

Yes I don't like Tidus just because his voice rings like a little bell in the back of my head.

Yes I've played it on mute and it was just his personality of just NOT GETTING ANYTHING that really ticked me off.

Yes the laughing scene was horible, but its quite good on mute and loud music playing in the background on my MP3 made it less painful.

No I will never stop "DISLIKING" Tidus (or whatever you named him ) and I will stand by my cause.

Sefie1999AD
04-13-2007, 06:44 PM
I don't think Tidus is the most annoying FF character (Seymour and Kefka are more annoying than he is, IMHO), but so far, I think he's the most annoying FF main character. He's pretty much a whiny damsel-in-distress for the early parts of the game. He maybe gets better later, but I still don't really like his character, and his voice isn't much better, either. He didn't bother me in FFX-2, though, probably because he didn't have much to do in the game, and when he did, he didn't talk much. :p As for Vaan, I don't have anything against that guy.

Hazzard
04-13-2007, 07:40 PM
Vaan's the better half of Tidus, if I was to say. Don't get me wrong, the anger only comes from the fact of how dumb Yuna was when she spoke, and he ended with some Watersword as he final Weapon. The kid would of done better, if he had something called: 'Dreamer'. Perfect name, huh?

KasaiDraco
04-14-2007, 12:14 AM
Tidus' actual actor is very talented; I've heard a lot of his other work. My favourite James Arnold Taylor act is easily Wooldoor Sockbat of Drawn Together, though he also did a good job of Leo in TMNT. Even if he did just sound like Tidus with a moodier tone :/
Yeah, Wooldoor's awesome and Leo could probably kill the little lady, Tidus in like two seconds.

No.78
04-15-2007, 11:09 AM
Maybe it should become against the rules to have character bitching threads?

Yliette
04-15-2007, 02:27 PM
No I will never stop "DISLIKING" Tidus (or whatever you named him ) and I will stand by my cause.

Wow! What a PRODUCTIVE way to waste your time. :rolleyes2

Maybe it should become against the rules to have character bitching threads?

I agree with you No.78. If you dislike or even hate a fictional character, why waste time, effort and web space bitching out your hatred for him? Oh well. Some people seem to have more than enough time in their hands. :rolleyes2