PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Version

Fonzie
04-03-2007, 01:43 AM
Me and some friends decided to reserve this game, because the old ones were so awesome. The new WiFi feature seems as though it'll be a fun enhancement to this great series.

Who else is getting the new Pokemon, and which version? I got Pearl. :D

I will be adding friend codes now.

Ichimonji
1117 6710 6571

Roto13
0430 4760 9441

Giga Guess
5154 9411 0660

First Mate Elite Lord Sigma
1761-9153-0242

Ouch!
5412 6474 6206

Bunny
04-03-2007, 02:47 AM
I think I'm getting Pearl and my friend is getting Diamond. He recently got Leaf Green and I got Fire Red, so it worked out nicely. Pokemon is fun. Although I curse Snorlax with every breath I take.

Fonzie
04-03-2007, 02:58 AM
I think I'm getting Pearl and my friend is getting Diamond. He recently got Leaf Green and I got Fire Red, so it worked out nicely. Pokemon is fun. Although I curse Snorlax with every breath I take.

I caught both of them. Did you use the itemfinder under the ground where they were located? You'll get some leftovers if you didn't.

Erdrick Holmes
04-03-2007, 03:01 AM
I got diamond reserved. I plan to do some trading when I get my laptop in June.

Khaotic
04-03-2007, 03:14 AM
Getting Diamond.

Rostum
04-03-2007, 07:30 AM
I'll probably get one, and my girlfriend the other. I'll get her into Pokemon games, and show her it's a lot better than the card game and anime crap.

Madame Adequate
04-03-2007, 10:13 AM
I've preordered Diamond, from a Canadian site, 'cause I'm not waiting two months longer than the US/Can for this.

Setzer Gabianni
04-03-2007, 10:40 AM
I'm getting Diamond. I want to play it NOW tho ;w;

JKTrix
04-03-2007, 01:38 PM
I was in Japan for the launch of these games in September, and I picked up Diamond. However, me and Japanese-RPGs-in-Japanese don't mix and I haven't really played it much beyond the first 4 gyms. I intend on getting Pearl in English.

Bunny
04-03-2007, 02:04 PM

I caught both of them. Did you use the itemfinder under the ground where they were located? You'll get some leftovers if you didn't.

I caught the first one, the one that is south of Celadon City, and I haven't tried to catch the second one. The reason I curse them is because of that damned Rest. I swear to god, everytime I got the accursed thing to a comfortable HP to catch it, it would use Rest and fully restore itself. The fact that it was asleep did nothing for my chances. I spent about 45 minutes trying to catch it, using 10 Great Balls and my Flareon's Bite and Quick Attack up. Then I started yelling at my game calling it stupid and unfair. Once I realized how retarded I was being, I turned my game off to try again later. Next time I tried it? Five minutes tops. Hit it three times, threw two balls, caught it.

I'll go back and get the leftovers though, thanks.

It comes out April 22nd, right?

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-03-2007, 04:16 PM
I should probably preorder it. I'll likely get Diamond.

Hazzard
04-03-2007, 04:20 PM
I'll get Diamond and then hopefully Comet will get Pearl.

Geez...I remember the days when i used to play 12 hours a day of hardcore Pokemon action. Training Bulbasaur, Meoth, Typhlosion and the crew!

TyphoonThaReapa
04-03-2007, 04:23 PM
A'yo, this series is still on!?!?! Man, the memories are comin' back. A'yo, give me a good reason why I should waste money on this?

Trance_Kuja
04-03-2007, 05:52 PM
I am getting Pearl and my best mate is getting Diamond, not even for the trade as we prefer the versions we picked anyway. The trade is just a lucky bonus for us. (When i talk about trade i mean version exclusives and such).

Chloe.
04-03-2007, 06:00 PM
I'll probably get Diamond. :]

Bunny
04-03-2007, 06:02 PM
A'yo, this series is still on!?!?! Man, the memories are comin' back. A'yo, give me a good reason why I should waste money on this?

Because it isn't a waste.

TyphoonThaReapa
04-03-2007, 06:07 PM
A'yo, I'll think about it...

The Majestic
04-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Ill probably get diamond. I remeber me playing my fire red, I had the ultimate four dragon and one blaziken and one tyranitar party
.salamence ( I traded form emerald )
.Charizard
.Dragonnite
.flygon
.tyranitar
.Blaziken
I was pratically invincible but My game broke from my cousin dropping it in water. :)

JKTrix
04-03-2007, 06:21 PM

WiFi (internet) connection for battles, trading, etc.

All New Underground region, which is where the Secret Base now is and a mess of other stuff. Multiplayer Capture the Flag in Pokemon? You'll see.

493 Pokemon.

Connects with all GBA versions of Pokemon so you can 'upload' your 'mon from that game to this one. It's likely that some Pokemon from previous games will not be found in the wild in this game.

Because it isn't a waste.

That too.

TyphoonThaReapa
04-03-2007, 06:22 PM
MY perfect dragon party was

Dragonite
Charizard
Kingdra
Gyrados
Tyranitar
Salamence

Kicked ass.

LoKuS
04-03-2007, 06:30 PM
I'll get one of them.

Hazzard
04-03-2007, 06:55 PM
I never liked whole dragon parties.
I preferred a mixture of elements to have at my very disposal.

(I might even have to have a check through Fire red again after reading this thread...)

The Majestic
04-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Ya but you see, my dragons especially flygon where the fastest so I would get the first strike then with the powerful moves I have given I find the pokemons weakness and strike, if not killed my dragons also have very high defense so if you struck them with ice beam or blizzard or dragon claw or outrage they would still remain and plus my six pokemon have focus bands which keep one hp even when critical, so I either lose only one to three pokemon or I dont. Thats how I Was close to being invisible. But then when I have scizor ( My favorite pokemon ) instead of my tyranitar Then ITs practically impossible to beat me, It is possible if you use the right moves against me but if you attack carelessly I end up winning. I use strategy to win my battles. :D

Hazzard
04-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Someone really does lust Pokemon...

The Majestic
04-03-2007, 08:22 PM
Well actually I dont any more. I used to be a major freak for pokemon but its gone, I lost intrest in it a while ago, So ya you can say I used to lust it but not anymore, I just play it for the fun of it now.

Elite Lord Sigma
04-03-2007, 09:18 PM
I'll probably get either version, I don't care which.

JKTrix
04-04-2007, 12:27 PM
This thread reminded me to play Pokemon Ranger again. The game is not bad at all, in fact it's quite fun. I only bought it because it's the only 'normal' way to get the Manaphy 'legendary' Pokemon in Diamond/Pearl.

Rostum
04-04-2007, 12:41 PM
I just play it for the fun of it now.

Isn't that what games are designed for?

Bunny
04-04-2007, 12:47 PM

No, games is serious business.

Fonzie
04-04-2007, 01:36 PM

No, games is serious business.

I see what you did thar. :mog:

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-04-2007, 04:43 PM
I put Diamond on reserve just yesterday. I'm looking forward to training my pets to beat up other people's pets.

Hazzard
04-04-2007, 08:22 PM
I put Diamond on reserve just yesterday. I'm looking forward to training my pets to beat up other people's pets.

Lol. Pets? Don't you mean Pokemon? :p

The Majestic
04-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Isn't that what games are designed for?[/quote]

Well you have to like a game to play it right. I dont like pokemon as much as I used to. I just play it for fun. But before I used to play it nonstop I went crazy for it but now Im not that crazy for it anymore.

Hazzard
04-04-2007, 08:32 PM
That's the reason why i like RPG'S today.

Holy Lancer
04-04-2007, 09:43 PM
After mastering Pokemon games in 3rd grade I can now say that a 2 year old kid that is stupid can beat Pokemon games. I'm sorry but I've seen five year olds that have mastered these games. It makes me feel sick to consider Pokemon games good they are far too easy and are really only for kids between the age of 6-11. I'm sorry if I'm being harsh but I'm telling the truth. I can completely master one of these games in a day- no sweat.

Fonzie
04-04-2007, 10:54 PM
After mastering Pokemon games in 3rd grade I can now say that a 2 year old kid that is stupid can beat Pokemon games. I'm sorry but I've seen five year olds that have mastered these games. It makes me feel sick to consider Pokemon games good they are far too easy and are really only for kids between the age of 6-11. I'm sorry if I'm being harsh but I'm telling the truth. I can completely master one of these games in a day- no sweat.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/4120/fallingdownsc8.gif (http://imageshack.us)

MGS reference.

Khaotic
04-05-2007, 01:28 AM

Most games are easy, duh. It's the fun and replay value, not to mention the new wi-fi options, that make it worthwhile.

Erdrick Holmes
04-05-2007, 01:33 AM
I heard this game will use the mic to talk to people you're playing with online. I can see people complaining about this.

Madame Adequate
04-05-2007, 01:57 AM
I heard this game will use the mic to talk to people you're playing with online. I can see people complaining about this.

I thought we agreed you wouldn't go around rumor-mongering?

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-05-2007, 02:30 AM

I'd have to disagree. While they are targeted towards a specific audience, it's accessible to older people as it involves layers of strategy and team-building for a competitive team. As I have many friends up here who are also going to be getting the game, it's well worth my while to be able to fight them. It has a good mechanic for PvP RPG-style battles that I quite enjoy. And the collecting element is also a lot of fun.

Honestly, I know little children who can master Final Fantasy games. They're not difficult to master either. Does that make them for kids age 6-11 as well?

Momiji
04-05-2007, 02:33 AM
I might get it if I can get some money. I want Pearl. Dunno why. The WiFi thing almost makes it worthwhile.

No.78
04-05-2007, 10:15 AM
I have to preorder Pearl now from america or wait till september for UK release... It's a predicament.

Madame Adequate
04-05-2007, 11:06 AM
I have to preorder Pearl now from america or wait till september for UK release... It's a predicament.

http://www.videogamesplus.ca/ <- That's what you're looking for, my friend. Screw waiting.

Fonzie
04-05-2007, 01:38 PM

http://www.videogamesplus.ca/ <- That's what you're looking for, my friend. Screw waiting.

Good shootin' Tex'.

psyniac_123
04-05-2007, 01:59 PM
A valuable source, Wikipedia tells me we in the UK will be waiting until but the 1st of June for it, just one month after America.
Dear God, it's a miracle.

JKTrix
04-05-2007, 02:47 PM

As a single player 'just get to the end of the game' thing, yeah it's easy. You can effectively go through the core single player experience with a single well balanced team. If you want to play it like that, that's fine. $30 and 20 hours well spent.

There's a lot more to Pokemon than that.

There's the whole 'Catch 'em all thing' that they've tagged onto it from the beginning. Each new game adds around 100 more. Diamond/Pearl has 493 Pokemon--and then Male/Female variants of 95% of them. Sure, that's not for everyone, but a big draw originally of Pokemon was the Collection aspect of it.

Along with this, there has been Pokemon Breeding since the GBC days. Besides making a copy of a Pokemon you already have, breeding allows for unique traits and learned abilities that the Pokemon would not normally have. There is an incredible amount of depth to creating a specialized Pokemon through breeding that goes far beyond pairing 2 opposite gendered Pokemon.

Then there are the contests. Again, these are not for everyone. In fact I barely even touched them in previous games and regarded it as a throwaway extra. However in D/P, contests are actually a lot more involved. Previously, all you could do was use certain attacks at certain times to win over the judges in a few categories, and that was pretty much it. Now, there are 3 stages to the contest.
Note, this is from the one contest that I played (and failed at) in this game.
First, you 'decorate' your Pokemon with various things that come up on the touchscreen: clouds, bows, sparkles, hats, stars, w/e. Perhaps you can purchase/obtain more and varied items through game events. That part is set to a time limit, and you are probably graded on matching stuff and organization.
Second, you make your Pokemon dance. This goes into a rhythm game similar to DDR, stuff comes on screen and you have to press the appropriate button at the appropriate time with the music. This is where I failed horribly, as my Japanese reading isn't very hot and I didn't quite understand how it worked. But I was surprised and delighted to see something like this in the game.
Last, is the tried and true 'do attacks to impress the judges' stage.

In previous games, you could use Pokeblocks or something to improve certain stats for these contests. There's probably something like that in this game. I've seen odd machines that are probably the mixers, but haven't tried to use them.

Linked to the Pokeblocks, there are several spots around the game where you can pick/plant/grow berry trees. So if you like gardening, Pokemon has your fix :p

Then there is the Underground. Every area in the game has a corresponding Underground area that you can access as long as you are standing on the ground. This means, as big as the land on top is, there's about as much space underground for you to tinker with. This is where you can excavate stuff (including Pokemon fossils and the Evolution stones) through a pretty nifty minigame, set up your secret base, and likely do some other stuff.

These are all things I encountered with my 2 weeks of playing the game. With the huge language barrier it presented and my short time with it, there's likely a few things I have not seen and don't know about.

All of that is just the stuff for *single player*, not even touching multplayer/online once. If you do step into multiplayer (particularly online), the value expands infinitely.

Madame Adequate
04-05-2007, 05:58 PM
set up your secret base

Could you elaborate on this evil genius-ness please? :p

JKTrix
04-05-2007, 06:15 PM
The Secret Base was introduced in the 2nd generation of Pokemon games (Gold/Silver). In those games, you pick a suitable place to have a sort of cave or treehouse 'hideout'. It had a 'Laptop' with the same functions as a PC, and there were several items you could use to decorate and customize the space. (My favourites were these floor tiles that play a musical note on a scale when you step on it.) Depending on where you chose for your base, it could be several different shapes. When you linked up with a friend, your secret base gets transferred into their game as well. If they find your secret base, they see all the decorations you did as well as battle you with whatever Pokemon you had at the time of the transfer.

I don't know all the details of D/P's bases, since I haven't done it myself (couldn't figure it out). I imagine it would have at least the same features. This time, instead of hunting around for special trees or mountain holes, you just go into the Underground and can make it there somehow. I mentioned Capture the Flag before--this is where it happens. You and another player try to find each other's secret base first and bring it back to your own. You can set traps and such all throughout the Underground to prevent their progress. Apparently when you win, you get some kind of upgrade for your base.

Lots o' stuff in this game.

Erdrick Holmes
04-05-2007, 07:12 PM

Dude, just go look up info on it, I think it says stuff about online play letting you talk to your opponent via the mic.

Khaotic
04-05-2007, 07:46 PM
Trix made me want it even more :(

No.78
04-05-2007, 07:53 PM
A valuable source, Wikipedia tells me we in the UK will be waiting until but the 1st of June for it, just one month after America.
Dear God, it's a miracle.

I hope wikipedia is right O_O

Black Mage
04-06-2007, 01:27 PM

Dude, just go look up info on it, I think it says stuff about online play letting you talk to your opponent via the mic.

It was confirmed a long time ago, as well as being a featured article in an issue of Nintendo Power some issues back.

They likened it to cellphones, or something of the sort.

Fonzie
04-07-2007, 04:41 PM
I think that when you reserve it you get a free stylus, but its kinda lame, so I won't be using it. :D

Setzer Gabianni
04-07-2007, 04:51 PM
I already have like..6 stylus', so If I miss out on getting one I won't be too bothered x3

Zeromus_X
04-10-2007, 03:53 AM
I'll probably be getting Pearl. :) I haven't really played a Pokemon game since the second generation...

Khaotic
04-11-2007, 03:01 AM
I wonder if EoFF will have it's own Pokemon trading section. From what I understand, they disabled friend codes for these games, so you can openly trade with anyone, and after you trade, you get to see where the new pokemon owner LIVES(REAL LIFE), which is sort of weird, to be honest, but it only shows which country you're from, not anywhere closer.

Evastio
04-14-2007, 04:31 AM
I don't know which one I'd get. I like the Diamond Version specifics better but I find Palkia from Pearl way cooler than Dialga.

I also caught both of them. I caught the Route 16 Snorlax after I defeated the Elite 4 though.

JKTrix
04-25-2007, 02:54 AM
Game's out. Who's got it? I got Pearl, and I've spoken to two other members on IM already who have the games.

Special Things I've Done With Pokemon:

-Tested it with the Japanese Diamond version I got while I was out there. They work and talk just perfectly! Just...different languages.

-Transferred Manaphy from Pokemon Ranger.

-Got all 3 starters by trading with a friend's fresh copy.

Anyone else have the game yet?

Khaotic
04-25-2007, 03:44 AM
I do.

Arc_Master_14
04-25-2007, 03:59 AM
DO NOT SPEAK OF THIS GAME IT HAS TURNED MY FRIENDS INTO MARCOS!(not a good thing hes a short annoying kid and he only talks about pokemon you could say cheese and hed relate it to pokemon I SWEAR!)

Khaotic
04-25-2007, 04:08 AM
DO NOT SPEAK OF THIS GAME IT HAS TURNED MY FRIENDS INTO MARCOS!(not a good thing hes a short annoying kid and he only talks about pokemon you could say cheese and hed relate it to pokemon I SWEAR!)

O..k..

Zeromus_X
04-25-2007, 05:26 AM
It's funny you should mention the different language version compatibility thing, as my friend traded with a Japanese player to get some special event Pokemon called 'Darkrai' (which I have know clue what the English name would be yet). Apparently it's pretty powerful with a nice Hypnosis/Dream Eater combo.

I haven't bought the game yet though. :/ Everyone I know seems to already have a copy. I'd better buy it before they all disappear. I hear that the new professor is a slave driver, and that your rival is hyperactive and is constantly running into trees. It also seems like this is the first game where the Champion is female.

Jowy
04-25-2007, 06:46 PM
Man, the new Pokemon are kind of lame. ;o

My little Piplup is adorable though.

ValkyrieWing
04-25-2007, 06:57 PM
Is it worth picking up for someone who's actually never played the Pokemon games?

Dreddz
04-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Is it worth picking up for someone who's actually never played the Pokemon games?

Probably, the Pokemon games are very user friendly, if you can tackle the RPG mechanics on Valkyrie Profile, you will find the Pokemon games childs play.

Ive never been interested in Pokemon after Pokemon Blue, but Diamond/Pearl looks like its taking Pokemon a step further with all the online trading stuff. I dig that.

ValkyrieWing
04-25-2007, 07:49 PM

Probably, the Pokemon games are very user friendly, if you can tackle the RPG mechanics on Valkyrie Profile, you will find the Pokemon games childs play.

Ive never been interested in Pokemon after Pokemon Blue, but Diamond/Pearl looks like its taking Pokemon a step further with all the online trading stuff. I dig that.

LOL

Yeah, i definitely understood Valkyrie Profile....

I work at Gamestop, so I might check it out if it comes in used...

CimminyCricket
04-25-2007, 08:39 PM
I suggest that we all post our "Friend Codes" found in the "Pal Pad" so that we may trade and communicate with each other via the internet.

I should also mention a few things:

If you have a wireless router, you need not purchase any Wi-Fi equipment, the DS can link up with them.

Do not trade with Roto, it is very frustrating to have his modem drop him.

My friend code is:
1117 6698 7586

Ichimonji
04-26-2007, 05:07 PM
My Friend Code:

1117 6710 6571

JKTrix
04-26-2007, 06:05 PM
Make sure you tell people through PMs or something that you added them, because you both need to add each other in order to communicate. No use adding someone, and they don't know you added them.

Update: Just got the Excavation Kit. Access to the Sinnoh Underground! Secret Base is set up, but I'll probably move it. The underground is actually a lot more feature-rich than I thought it would be. It's like an entirely different game. Also, I know the reward for getting capture the flag now.

Pokemon <3

CimminyCricket
04-26-2007, 06:12 PM
Aye, I forgot to mention that.

Also, underground is the sex.
If you burry gems of the same colour in front of you, they make a jump in their size.

If you bury gems and come back a day later they make a much larger jump in size.

When burying never bury more than two at a time, make one high and one low.

Roto13
04-27-2007, 04:14 AM
0430 4760 9441

Tell me if you want to add me and I'll add you back, 'kay?

I traded online with Giga Guess today. I didn't realize it had voice chat until I heard him typing through my headphones. :P He sounds really gay.

But he gave me the two starter Pokemon I didn't have so he's awesome anyway. In return, I evolved his Kadabra and his Graveler.

CimminyCricket
04-27-2007, 04:18 AM
I SAW YOU! :c)

And yes the voice chat is wonderful. I love hearing my friend's voice as he talks to himself about...well...I don't want to think about it.

Roto13
04-27-2007, 04:27 AM
I SAW YOU! :c)

:) Yeah, I noticed you were in there trading with someone after I finished up with GG. It's neat how you can see what else is going on from inside the Wi-Fi room.

CimminyCricket
04-27-2007, 04:32 AM
Yup! :c)
I love the pokemens.

Rase
04-27-2007, 05:58 AM
Just got Pearl on Tuesday and am loving it, though I'm not very far (currently leveling up in the Eterna Forest). This game has really made my OCD tendencies from the original Pokemon games kick back in, so I doubt I'll be advancing at a very fast pace as I want all of my Pokemon to be the same level roughly.

Madame Adequate
04-27-2007, 03:21 PM
Just got Pearl on Tuesday and am loving it, though I'm not very far (currently leveling up in the Eterna Forest). This game has really made my OCD tendencies from the original Pokemon games kick back in, so I doubt I'll be advancing at a very fast pace as I want all of my Pokemon to be the same level roughly.

Hahaha, you do that as well? xDD I've been running around training my weaksauce Bidoof to be as strong as the others. :p

DK
04-27-2007, 03:21 PM
Just got Diamond today, and about to start playing now. :D

Edit: I try to keep them all at the same level as well, although some of them always end up falling by the wayside. Like last game I played was Emerald, and by the time I got to the Elite four, my Swellow was still on level 38 and only in the team to use Fly, and my starter and others were all around the same level. Then I just mad powerleveled my Gardevoir to 61 so I could use her to take down Rayquaza before doing the Elite Four so I could have a decent pokemon instead of the crap Swellow. :D

But yeah. Off to go play now. :}

Rase
04-27-2007, 03:32 PM

Hahaha, you do that as well? xDD I've been running around training my weaksauce Bidoof to be as strong as the others. :p
Yeah, same here situation here (though I taught him Rock Smash so he'd be decent against Rock and Normal types, so it's not all bad). I'm even determined to get a Gyarados by Level 20 and have been doing the Switch Method with Magikarp since Level 5 (currently 14). But yeah, I'll finally get them all even and then find a new guy like, 5 levels lower and have to catch him and level him up to. XD

One thing that has bugged me was that I keep get Pokemon (such as Shinx) who don't seem to learn any of their own elements movies for a while (currently Level 13 with that one also and the only Electric move I have increases the power of other Electric moves...).

Giga Guess
04-27-2007, 03:36 PM

I'm heartless...I refuse to use Normal types, so I both flat out ignored the little rat, and then locked him in a box the moment something better came down the pike.

I dunno if I'm gonna be getting anymore starters the cheap way, but once I have my world in order, I will start breeding them.

My code for my Pearl version is 5154 9411 0660. I'll post my diamond code...well as soon as I have an established game on there. :p

No.78
04-27-2007, 03:52 PM
I has to wait till June... But I'm very hyped up about this gaaaame!! I'm gonna pick Turtwig and call it Claud :bigsmile:

JKTrix
04-27-2007, 04:19 PM
You don't *have* to wait till June. If you have the means to import, go ahead. If you were concerned with compatibility with the GBA games, it's been confirmed that the UK GBA games do work with the US DS game.

Also, if you're in Eterna Forest, you should be by Eterna City. Instead of using the 'Switch Method', go into Eterna City and take the South Exit. You won't be able to go past there, as that is Bicycle Road, but inside is Prof. Rowan's assistant. He'll give you EXP Share.

Roto13
04-27-2007, 04:54 PM
I used to only use one Pokemon for the whole game. :P Whatever I started with. Now I'm using the EXP share. I have a Gyarados. :D

Jowy
04-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Mmm...Gyarados. I should get this wireless thing going on eventually - I want a fucking Alakazam.

CimminyCricket
04-27-2007, 05:28 PM
Yes, Alakazam rules. I evolved a number of Pokemon yesterday through trade. xD

Giga Guess
04-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Alakazam > All.

Setzer Gabianni
04-27-2007, 07:58 PM
No no no - Gardevoir > Alakazam.

Giga Guess
04-27-2007, 08:01 PM
Yeah but Alakazam has the nostalgia thing going for it.

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-27-2007, 09:36 PM
I'm around level 37/38 for my pokemon currently, and am in the snowy region. I'm enjoying myself, and I play it while taking notes in my Anthro class a lot, as well as whenever I'm doing other stuff.

Started with a Turtwig, myself. I need to look into getting some Wi-Fi access to trade with the rest of you. I'm thinking of getting a bunch of pokemon to level 50 after beating it, that always seems like a reasonable level to battle each other at, if anybody else is up for it.

CimminyCricket
04-27-2007, 09:37 PM
xD You want to fight?

/me throws down

Elite Lord Sigma
04-27-2007, 09:42 PM
I have Pearl. Here's my friend code.

1761-9153-0242

Shiny
04-28-2007, 03:10 AM
I reserved Pokemon Diamond and started out with Piplup (Primus and ShlupQuack wtf). So far I only have one badge. I like it alot so far. I'm interested in getting the broadband thingie so I can trade internationally, but I have a feeling it includes hidden fees.

Roto13
04-28-2007, 03:45 AM
It doesn't. Every Nintendo Wi-Fi game is free. If you have a router or one of those wi-fi dongle thingies, you don't have to pay for anything else. (Well, besides internet access. :P)

I want Shiny Pokemon so get it. :P

PuPu
04-28-2007, 03:59 AM
I don't know if this has been posted before, but there is a glitch in some Japanese Diamond/Pearl versions that allows you to catch Darkrai and Shaymin, which would normally only be available by a Nintendo Event. You could also use it to skip the Elite Four.

Here it is, if anyone wants to know more. It works for both Diamond and Pearl though.
GameFAQs: Pokemon Pearl (DS) Elite Four Door Glitch Guide by L255J (http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/925602/47530)

If you happen to have an early Japanese Diamond/Pearl version and want to try it, you should read and do EXACTLY what the guide says, or risk corrupting your game.

Goldenboko
04-28-2007, 04:14 AM
I don't know if this has been posted before, but there is a glitch in some Japanese Diamond/Pearl versions that allows you to catch Darkrai and Shaymin, which would normally only be available by a Nintendo Event. You could also use it to skip the Elite Four.

Here it is, if anyone wants to know more. It works for both Diamond and Pearl though.
GameFAQs: Pokemon Pearl (DS) Elite Four Door Glitch Guide by L255J (http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/925602/47530)

If you happen to have an early Japanese Diamond/Pearl version and want to try it, you should read and do EXACTLY what the guide says, or risk corrupting your game.

PuPu knows too much ;9

CimminyCricket
04-28-2007, 04:20 AM
Wow, because cheating is fun.

Rostum
04-28-2007, 04:24 AM
I have been paid this week (very nice sum too), so I'm going to buy a DS and bother versions (give pearl to my g/f, she said she wanted it).

CimminyCricket
04-28-2007, 04:29 AM
Cool, don't forget to give us your player codes if you play online :c)

PuPu
04-28-2007, 03:19 PM
Wow, because cheating is fun.

The only other way to get Darkrai and Shaymin is by a Nintendo Event or something like Gameshark without this glitch. Do you think its fair that Nintendo purposely made it so that about 99% of people with Diamond and Pearl couldn't get them? At least with this glitch, you can also catch them without screwing up your game, unlike Gameshark.

Not that it should even matter to you anyways, since I doubt you have an early Japanese version of Diamond/Pearl.

Giga Guess
04-28-2007, 03:39 PM
Rhody has a friend, actually, that has a glitch capable game. But even with the glitch, you can't get Arseus (Well...you can, but without the Azure Pipe, there's no stairs. No stairs, and no capability of teleporting or flying, means you are screwed, and can't leave his area.)

Roto13
04-28-2007, 04:31 PM
It may be glitch-capable, anyway. :P I dunno. He does have a Japanese version of Diamond. (It's JKTrix, by the way, so harass him if you want rare monsters.)

Ouch!
04-28-2007, 05:08 PM
Picked up both Diamond and Pearl as well as a DS Lite. Traded around with my old DS and started off with Turtwig, Piplup, and Chimchar. It's fantastic. =D

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-28-2007, 06:56 PM
I just caught Dialga, and it was the most painless and simple legendary I've ever had to catch.

Khaotic
04-28-2007, 07:23 PM
I just caught Dialga, and it was the most painless and simple legendary I've ever had to catch.

Took me 1 ultra ball to catch that.

Roto13
04-28-2007, 09:54 PM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/TrainerCard.gif

Neat.

Template guide thingy (http://www.neopets.com/~Jolteon55_2000)

It says to use MSPaint but I made mine in Photoshop so I could edit it easier later. I think it would have been faster in MSPaint.

Evastio
04-30-2007, 12:13 AM
So has anyone tried getting any of the new evolutions like Togekiss, Yanmega, and Mamoswine?

Ashley Schovitz
04-30-2007, 01:07 AM
I was thinking of getting it how many pokemon are there now? Which version would I need If I want the old party I had in Blue?

Blastoise, Jolteon, Hitmonlee, Hypno(Mr. Magic), Dewgong(Sora), and Mewtwo

Do you fish for Poke'mon in new ways?

Ouch!
04-30-2007, 01:35 AM
I was thinking of getting it how many pokemon are there now? Which version would I need If I want the old party I had in Blue?

Blastoise, Jolteon, Hitmonlee, Hypno(Mr. Magic), Dewgong(Sora), and Mewtwo

Do you fish for Poke'mon in new ways?
I'd suggest locating a copy of Fire Red or Leaf Green and then migrating a majority of the above to Pearl/Diamond.

Roto13
04-30-2007, 01:42 AM
Fishing is exactly the same as it was.

I read in the instruction booklet today that migrating Pokemon sucks. :P You move six Pokemon per day to your DS game and then you actually have to capture them again.

CimminyCricket
04-30-2007, 02:55 AM
What? How stupid. :c(

JKTrix
04-30-2007, 03:06 AM
's called Balance.

Also, regarding the Japanese Glitch thing (couple people have PMd me, but my internet is goin real slow)

It will probably take me forever to get to that stage, if at all. I mainly bought Diamond as a novelty :P It won't be happening anytime soon.

I just finished the 3rd gym, got fly, now I'm going around planting berries and training my neglected Pokemon along the way before I move on.

Roto13
04-30-2007, 03:11 AM
's called Balance.

Also, regarding the Japanese Glitch thing (couple people have PMd me, but my internet is goin real slow)

It will probably take me forever to get to that stage, if at all. I mainly bought Diamond as a novelty :P It won't be happening anytime soon.

I just finished the 3rd gym, got fly, now I'm going around planting berries and training my neglected Pokemon along the way before I move on.

If you're not going to do it (and you have a copy of the game that can do it) give it to someone who will do it. :P I wants me a Shaymin.

Rostum
04-30-2007, 03:27 AM
Well I just ordered both games from Play-Asia. They had a good deal for buying both. I have to import them because I have no idea when they'd be released here.

I mean, we're getting FF3 released on 3rd of May I believe. >.>; So once they get here I'll have to buy a DS Lite which I've been meaning to do since last year.

Roto13
05-01-2007, 12:16 AM
I caught Palkia. I was lazy and two of my Pokemon were KO'd so I just used the Master Ball on it.

Ouch!
05-01-2007, 01:02 AM
I caught Palkia last night as well. Major disappointment. Whittled down the HP and then got 'im on the second ultra ball.

Now I'm trying to figure what pokemon I want to fill my remaining three spots. I mean, I'm crushing everything with Empoleon, Infernape, and Torterra, but that won't last forever.

Roto13
05-01-2007, 01:10 AM
It might. Starter Pokemon kick ass.

Giga Guess
05-01-2007, 02:09 AM
I caught Palkia last night as well. Major disappointment. Whittled down the HP and then got 'im on the second ultra ball.

Now I'm trying to figure what pokemon I want to fill my remaining three spots. I mean, I'm crushing everything with Empoleon, Infernape, and Torterra, but that won't last forever.

If you can trade a Kadabra into an Alakazam, it's worth it, as it's quite a powerful Psychic...a Golem is nice, but not necessary as the Torterra covers the Ground facet...perhaps a Bronzor, or whatever it's called? A Staraptor is quite nice, too.

Ouch!
05-01-2007, 05:25 AM
It might. Starter Pokemon kick ass.
Not enough ass, apparently. This is a basic run down of my challenge of the Elite Four:
First - Owned
Second - Owned
Third - Owned
Fourth - Defeated, but I think I wasted about 15 hyper potions and 5 revives.
Champion - I totally got my ass handed to me. I kept reviving my pokemon, but I gave up when I realized I really didn't have a chance.

By the time I got to the champion, I was feeling pretty under leveled. I could probably pull my Staraptor out of retirement and level him a bit. I've got a Gengar that could help me with the fourth guy considerably, but that's way underleveled. I could always go cheap and level Palkia. =P

Roto13
05-01-2007, 05:38 AM
What levels were your Pokemon you used in the Elite Four thingy?

Ouch!
05-01-2007, 06:00 AM
56-59. I didn't start noticing the difference until the last two. I think the highest level any of them have is 63. I think I'm going to take some time and actually form a team instead of just buffing the three I already have beyond a necessary point. I figure I can fight the first two guys a couple times with an exp. share to jump start the leveling.

Giga Guess
05-01-2007, 01:28 PM
"Champion's" Pokemon

(Please note this is just speculation. It's easy for me to suggest this, but I haven't gotten to this point yet either, so the best I can do is go by types)

Spiritomb 61 - Ack! A Pokemon essentially without weakness! Ghost Type covers Dark's weaknesses and Vice versa. There are two ways of handling this one.
1.) Purely overpower it, or
2.) A funny one. The "Identify" moves apparently nullify immunity, which means they should allow a Fighting type to connect (Which Dark is weak to)
Gastrodon 60 - A very fast Grass type should do the trick...or one that can survive going last. Only because he's water AND ground type, which makes Grass moves do 4x Damage.
Milotic 63 - This one is never fun...Water dictates that Grass or Electricity will work, but these things are always full of tricks.
Garchomp 66 - Another fun one...if you have a strong Ice Pokemon, this is the time to use it, or beef one up. Flying may be an option, as it negates Ground type moves, but...(Kinda makes one wish Articuno was available by this point)
Lucario 63 - Your best bet is Flying as the Steel negates it's weakness to Psychic (Not to say it doesn't work...just not super effective)
Roserade 60 - One fast, powerful Psychic. Or, provided Bronzor learns Psychic, and is powerful enough, it could be worthwhile, as Steel is either resistant or immune to both his types.

This is pure speculation, so I take no liability if you still get creamed. Just remember...unless I'm mistaken, you keep your levels if you game over, so just keep hacking at her, and eventually, you'll overpower her.

Good luck!

Momiji
05-02-2007, 01:38 AM
I just got Pearl today, and I picked Piplup for my first. I'll post my friend code later.

Can someone with Leaf Green get me a Bellsprout so I can get my beloved Victreebel again? (Victreebel's always been a favorite of mine, but all I have is Fire Red) :cry: I'll be sure to trade something nice =)

Zeromus_X
05-02-2007, 01:42 AM
Does anyone know if Natu/Xatu is a wild Pokemon in these two games? And where can I catch one? Xatu is my favorite Pokemon.

Momiji
05-02-2007, 02:08 AM
Does anyone know if Natu/Xatu is a wild Pokemon in these two games? And where can I catch one? Xatu is my favorite Pokemon.

I'm guessing it is, I searched on Gamefaqs and I found nothing on Xatu being unobtainable (you know, aside from importing from GBA).

EDIT: By the way, I'm looking for a Bellsprout and a Staryu. Can anyone give me some info on finding them, or are they import only (in that case, can someone with Leaf Green get me those, please?)

Rase
05-02-2007, 02:21 AM
Natu's are on Route 224. Xatu's must be evolved from Natu.

By the way, I'm looking for a Bellsprout and a Staryu. Can anyone give me some info on finding them, or are they import only (in that case, can someone with Leaf Green get me those, please?)
Bellsprout's are fairly common on Routes 229 & 230, and Staryu's can be found in Canalave City or Sunyshore City if you Fish with the Super Rod.

I got my info from Serebii.net (http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml). It's probably the most comprehensive Pokémon site I know of.

Momiji
05-02-2007, 02:26 AM

By the way, I'm looking for a Bellsprout and a Staryu. Can anyone give me some info on finding them, or are they import only (in that case, can someone with Leaf Green get me those, please?)
Bellsprout's are fairly common on Routes 229 & 230, and Staryu's can be found in Canalave City or Sunyshore City if you Fish with the Super Rod.

I got my info from Serebii.net (http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml). It's probably the most comprehensive Pokémon site I know of.

Thanks!

Evastio
05-02-2007, 02:31 AM
I just got Pearl today, and I picked Piplup for my first. I'll post my friend code later.

Can someone with Leaf Green get me a Bellsprout so I can get my beloved Victreebel again? (Victreebel's always been a favorite of mine, but all I have is Fire Red) :cry: I'll be sure to trade something nice =)

Also keep in mind you need to see all of the 150 Sinnoh Pokedex Pokemon to get any Pokemon outside of the Sinnoh Pokedex.

Xatu is also one of my favourites. Although I thought that Persian was your most favourite Zeromus_X.

Zeromus_X
05-02-2007, 02:40 AM
Oh, well, him too...:cat: :)

Awesome, thanks for the info Rase. :)

Rocket Edge
05-02-2007, 11:36 AM
Parasect is the greatest of all pokemon, although Gyarados is my favourite. (some useless info)

CimminyCricket
05-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Gengar is my favourite! xD

Also, I have Leaf Green, so once I get my 150 pokedex thing, I'm at 111 right now, I'll play it to get those xD

JKTrix
05-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Serebii.net has been taking a hammering since last sunday. It *is* one of the most popular Pokemon sites, and with a million people buying Pokemon in 5 days, there's a chance that a good chunk of them logged on and started breaking their servers. If you can't access the page at any given time, just try again/try later.

But yeah, there are a bunch of old Pokemon you can get in the wild, but it's only afer you see 150 of them and the Poke Radar that comes with that achievement. I learned this yesterday when browsing the 'net to find a Ditto.

Tip I found during this search: To 'view' every Pokemon, just battle Every Single Trainer In The Game. Apparently whatever Sinnoh Pokemon you can't get in the wild, some in-game trainer will have it available for you to battle.

DK
05-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Lucario 63 - Your best bet is Flying as the Steel negates it's weakness to Psychic (Not to say it doesn't work...just not super effective)

Not rly, best bet is Infernape because Lucario is weak against fire and fighting type because it's part steel. :monster:

Giga Guess
05-03-2007, 01:23 PM

Not rly, best bet is Infernape because Lucario is weak against fire and fighting type because it's part steel. :monster:

Fair enough...I forgot that he had all 3 starters.

CimminyCricket
05-03-2007, 02:10 PM
xD Cleffa is so damned cute! I've caught every single one I've seen so far, but I still don't have a freakin' Clefairy.

Markus. D
05-03-2007, 06:59 PM

I think I <3 you~

Madame Adequate
05-03-2007, 08:28 PM

I think I <3 you~

Wut wut another Xatu fans? ftw you guys. ftw.

Roto13
05-03-2007, 08:41 PM
People keep saying how hard the Elite Four are. I'm so scared.

Ouch!
05-03-2007, 08:55 PM
It's not so much that they're significantly tougher in the way of strategy. There's just a huge jump in levels from the eighth gym to the Elite Four. It kind of sneaks up on you. First you're fighting stuff in the low 50's, then you're up against a team with nothing below 60.

I've decided to just pound out some levels and use brute force and then pick up the last five pokemon I need for the Sinnoh Pokedex. After that, I'll migrate Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Eevee to abuse EVs with. =D

Cap'n Basch
05-03-2007, 10:32 PM
It's worth pointing out that the reasons she's hard is that Champion uses the closest thing the main game of any pokemon game has actually seen to a real, competitive team. A lot more thought has gone into it. You'd expect this stuff at Battle Tower, not at the League.

My first attempt at the Elite 4 my strategy became "Revive and chump with Dialga until her guy runs out of PP", which ultimately failed because I ran out of revives. Most of my guys were below level 50, and a lot of them still managed OHKOs (Cherrim basically destroyed the Ground-type member).

I then averaged my pokes out at level 55 and had a fairly smooth run. Staraptor especially is a monster if you get to at a decent level.

And I've found the GTS to be fairly interesting, even if it is loaded with hacked pokes.

Ouch!
05-03-2007, 11:25 PM
Yeh, I beat her. It was Milotic that was giving me hell. The others were pretty much pushovers. Toxic took Milotic down fast, though.

Now I just need to finish up my pokedex and I can start raising a new team from scratch!

Rocket Edge
05-04-2007, 12:02 AM

I think I <3 you~

Wut wut another Xatu fans? ftw you guys. ftw.
Hahah, I love that guy too!

I wasn't gonna bother getting Diamond/Pearl, but what the hell, it sounds awesome. :excited:

Evastio
05-04-2007, 12:57 AM

That isn't really true. Using a flying type to resist Lucario's moves will work. But Infernape will only get maimed by Earthquake or Psychic depending on which one Lucario feels like using. Also Lucario's attack, special attack, and speed are all quite high.

Ouch!
05-04-2007, 04:35 AM
I finally got off my lazy ass and hooked up my DS with my wireless connection.

My friend code:
5412 6474 6206

I've had a DS for almost two years and this is the first time I've actually bothered to set this up. =P

Arc_Master_14
05-04-2007, 04:41 AM
ok my friends made me cave and I bought Diamond its actually pretty cool i just got the first badge

Ouch!
05-04-2007, 06:13 AM
I know when you start the game, it tells you to only play on one DS so that the clock remains the same and doesn't mess with berry growth and stuff, but does anyone know if it would cause any problems if I was to change the clock on my DS? I realized that when I got my Lite, I set it two hours early by mistake and it's driving me bonkers right about now.

Roto13
05-04-2007, 06:16 AM
That's not why it says that. It says that for your Wi-fi settings. Your wi fi stuff is all stored on your DS. You can do whatever you want with the clock.

Rase
05-04-2007, 06:19 AM
I'm fairly certain it won't do any harm. I've changed my date in order to catch Drifloon and my friend has messed with his clock in order to do the Lotto quickly and other things like that. So far nothing has happened to either of our games.

EDIT: Or just read what Roto said.

Roto13
05-04-2007, 06:21 AM
I changed my clock to catch Drifloon, too. :P I read that Driflim learns both Cut and Fly so I wanted one, but it was Saturday and he appears on Friday.

Ouch!
05-04-2007, 07:03 AM
Spiffy. Incidentally, I was also changing the clock to catch Drifloon. Which I did. Then I got the national pokedex. Now all I need to worry about it getting my Charizard to somehow like my Ditto enough to breed. Or try multiple times to get a female charmander from red and migrate again. =/

Giga Guess
05-04-2007, 01:35 PM

That isn't really true. Using a flying type to resist Lucario's moves will work. But Infernape will only get maimed by Earthquake or Psychic depending on which one Lucario feels like using. Also Lucario's attack, special attack, and speed are all quite high.

Truth be told, a Murkrow is the ideal choice. (Flying negates Earth, Dark negates Psychic)

DK
05-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Just got out of Hearthome Gym, which was like the first gym that was actually a challenge...kind of. The only reason it was is 'cause she kept using confuse ray so it took ages. If she hadn't, my Lucario would have swept them away easily (which it ended up doing, just with confusion embuggerance)

CimminyCricket
05-04-2007, 10:09 PM
I thought that one was easy, I had trouble with the ice gym. I had already retired my Infernape at that point so that I could level up the rest of my pokemon. -_-'

Ouch!
05-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Righto, so here's the deal. I'm currently breeding pokemon for certain natures. For anyone else who's done this, you know how long it can take to get the nature you want. That said, it's entirely likely that I'm going to end up with a lot of pokemon I don't need. Some of them aren't too special, but I'd imagine someone out there might not mind getting an Eevee or Charmander for free. I'll just hand the suckers out and give the extra to whoever wants 'em. Just trade me some low-level Starly you catch or something. If anyone wants one, let me know in a PM.

Eventually I'll be doing the same thing with Bulbasaur and Squirtle, so them too, but that'll have to wait a while. These first three are giving me hell right now.

Edit: Seriously, though. I've got a box full of nine extra charmanders and eleven eevees. It seems like an awful waste to release 'em.

Momiji
05-06-2007, 02:21 AM
Righto, so here's the deal. I'm currently breeding pokemon for certain natures. For anyone else who's done this, you know how long it can take to get the nature you want. That said, it's entirely likely that I'm going to end up with a lot of pokemon I don't need. Some of them aren't too special, but I'd imagine someone out there might not mind getting an Eevee or Charmander for free. I'll just hand the suckers out and give the extra to whoever wants 'em. Just trade me some low-level Starly you catch or something. If anyone wants one, let me know in a PM.

Eventually I'll be doing the same thing with Bulbasaur and Squirtle, so them too, but that'll have to wait a while. These first three are giving me hell right now.

Edit: Seriously, though. I've got a box full of nine extra charmanders and eleven eevees. It seems like an awful waste to release 'em.

Do you have any Bellsprout, Staryu, or advice on how to get my wi-fi adapter to work? :p

(EDIT: I'm also looking for a shiny stone and a dusk stone for my Roselia and Misdreavus. Any advice?)

Evastio
05-06-2007, 02:46 AM
(EDIT: I'm also looking for a shiny stone and a dusk stone for my Roselia and Misdreavus. Any advice?)
You can get a Shiny Stone near Route 228 and on the Iron Island. You can also get a Togekiss by using a Shiny Stone on a Togetic. A Dusk Stone can be found in the Veilstone City Warehouse. You can also get a Honchkrow from using a Dusk Stone on a Murkrow.

That reminds me of the time I had nine Natus, five Swinubs, seven Seedots, nine Lotads, four Beldums, four Laprases, five Poliwags, five Delibirds, eight Bagons, nine Mareeps, five Onixes, and five Psyducks and I ended up releasing most of them. Don't worry. I made a Level 100 Politoed, Level 100 Ampharos, and a Level 100 Metagross out of the group.

Momiji
05-06-2007, 02:51 AM
You can get a Shiny Stone near Route 228 and on the Iron Island. You can also get a Togekiss by using a Shiny Stone on a Togetic. A Dusk Stone can be found in the Veilstone City Warehouse. You can also get a Honchkrow from using a Dusk Stone on a Murkrow.

Ooh, I'm in Veilstone now, last I remembered. I'll evolve my Misdreavus with that Dusk Stone!...well, once I get Psybeam and Pain Split.

Ouch!
05-06-2007, 04:46 AM
Do you have any Bellsprout, Staryu, or advice on how to get my wi-fi adapter to work? :p
No, no, and no, although I am pleased to say that my first jump into the GTS gained me a Heracross (it's so awesome to see its trainer name and nickname in Japanese) and a Shieldon, both of which for one of my eleven level 1 eevees. xD

That reminds me of the time I had nine Natus, five Swinubs, seven Seedots, nine Lotads, four Beldums, four Laprases, five Poliwags, five Delibirds, eight Bagons, nine Mareeps, five Onixes, and five Psyducks and I ended up releasing most of them. Don't worry. I made a Level 100 Politoed, Level 100 Ampharos, and a Level 100 Metagross out of the group.
I've still got bulbasaur, squirtle, shieldon, rhyhorn, and zubat to breed for natures. I'm sure there will be more down the road; I'm beginning to consider getting all of the eevee forms. I also plan to abuse my use of two DSes and a copy of both Diamond and Pearl. I'm glad I kept my old DS. =P

Elite Lord Sigma
05-06-2007, 02:21 PM
If any of you have a spare Magmarizer, can I have it so I can evolve my Magmar? I'd do it myself, but I don't have Leaf Green.

DK
05-06-2007, 02:53 PM

Can you trade 'em to people who ain't got the national pokedex yet or not? I dunno. If you can I'll take a couple off your hands. :}

Elite Lord Sigma
05-06-2007, 05:18 PM
I'll take one of the Charmanders off your hands.

Ouch!
05-06-2007, 05:24 PM
I'm not sure about whether or not I can trade it to you if you've not yet got the National Dex, but I suppose it's worth a try.

And I'll gladly give you a Charmander, Sigma. Just let me know when you want to trade.

Elite Lord Sigma
05-06-2007, 05:32 PM
I'm not sure about whether or not I can trade it to you if you've not yet got the National Dex, but I suppose it's worth a try.

And I'll gladly give you a Charmander, Sigma. Just let me know when you want to trade.

Right now is actually good. Do you want anything in exchange? Just respond and get on Wi-Fi.

Ouch!
05-06-2007, 05:39 PM
Naw, I don't need anything. Just send me some low level starly or something you can catch easily enough. I'm on the Wi-Fi now.

Dragoon Kain
05-06-2007, 07:19 PM
i made a wifi gym clan if anyone wants to check it out. Wifi Gym Project (http://z4.invisionfree.com/WiFi_Gym_Project/index.php?act=idx)

Giga Guess
05-06-2007, 10:42 PM
Eeeeee....I'm going in to take on the Champ...wish me luck!

Ouch!
05-07-2007, 03:20 AM
So here I am browsing the GTS for pokemon I may want. The whole thing is pretty damn awesome, but there's one problem. I can't request any pokemon not already registered in my pokedex. This poses quite a problem, as most of the pokemon I want, I have not seen.

I was wondering what the best method of seeing more pokemon is. Does your pokedex record pokemon you see in battles against other people online? For some reason, I get the feeling that won't work. I'd trade with people around here, but there aren't that many people I know who play, and those who do aren't very far along yet.

Any suggestions?

CimminyCricket
05-07-2007, 03:41 AM
What are you looking for? I'm at 127 over all at this point and I have just above half of that right now, so I may have what you're looking for.

Fonzie
05-07-2007, 03:56 AM
I just beat the Elite 4 earlier this day so I'm pretty happy. I also got my national dex. I'll be doing some trades tomorrow. Anyone want some Dratini eggs or maybe a Gible?

Roto13
05-07-2007, 04:29 AM
Fight everyone in the game to see all of the Pokemon.

Also, I managed to pray my way through the fourth Elite Four member, but I lost to the champ. Someone kill her Lucario (or whatever it's called) for me. I didn't have much problem with the Spiritomb and other thing I fought before it.

Ouch!
05-07-2007, 04:44 AM
I've already got all 150 Sinnoh pokemon in my Pokedex and I've picked up my National Dex. It's more some pokemon from previous games that I'm after. I don't have copies of Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, but I do have a copy of Fire Red. Despite that, migrating six pokemon a day just isn't working fast enough.

Elite Lord Sigma
05-07-2007, 04:45 AM

Also, I managed to pray my way through the fourth Elite Four member, but I lost to the champ. Someone kill her Lucario (or whatever it's called) for me. I didn't have much problem with the Spiritomb and other thing I fought before it.

My Lucario took hers down with just two Aura Spheres.

Ouch!
05-07-2007, 04:46 AM

My Lucario took hers down with just two Aura Spheres.
I think I just used toxic on the jerk and then played the "I can stay alive longer than you can!" game. I did that with Milotic, too. And Garchomp.

Elite Lord Sigma
05-07-2007, 04:48 AM
How were you able to poison a Steel-type?

Ouch!
05-07-2007, 04:58 AM
How were you able to poison a Steel-type?
True enough. I don't know how the hell I beat that thing, then. =/ I kicked it's ass with Charizard when I went back after 'em today, though.

Zora
05-07-2007, 05:51 AM
I have Pearl (yes I am a dude and I have Pearl) and I am enjoying it so far. By that I mean I somehow managed to put 60 hours in it (shocking, isn't it?). So far so good. I am really enjoying the game and starting my online team training. You know, breeding, EV training, exp. training, and all that jazz.

Giga Guess
05-07-2007, 01:21 PM
YES! I beat the Champ, and have the National Dex! Go me!

Setzer Gabianni
05-07-2007, 08:15 PM
I've heard it's been put back for the Europe release date?

Zeromus_X
05-08-2007, 12:32 AM
I have Pearl (yes I am a dude and I have Pearl)

I have Pearl and I'm also male. And I'm playing as the female character. xD The male character's hat is atrocious...

I am surprised at the length of this game. I normally don't count on Pokemon games for extensive playtime of the main story, but I've been playing for 15 hours and only have three gym badges!

I am also going to reset my clock to catch Drifloom (sp alert). Last Friday I was apparently not far enough in the story to catch it (it didn't appear in front of the Valley Windworks, at any rate). I can't go much longer without Fly. I also caught a Wooper so I can Surf when that becomes available.

Khaotic
05-08-2007, 12:43 AM

I'll give you something for a charmander, I don't know what, I don't even know how to trade with other players yet, and I'm on victory road.

Roto13
05-08-2007, 01:42 AM
I beat the Champion today. Did you know that her Lucario can be killed by one Fire Blast from a level 54 Infernape? :D Thanks Bulbapedia!

I also forgot that the GTS thing existed. I traded my Palkia for a Diagala today, and then traded it again for another Palkia whose name is in Japanese. :P

EDIT: Also (http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=pokemon&message.id=2634141)

DK
05-08-2007, 01:37 PM
I trashed the 6th and 7th gym last night. Steel Gym was way too easy. I OHKO'd the Bastiodon. :{ Gonna try and finish it up tonight.

Giga Guess
05-08-2007, 01:59 PM

I'll give you something for a charmander, I don't know what, I don't even know how to trade with other players yet, and I'm on victory road.

Then you can't get a Charmander. You need to get the National Dex, which you get after seeing all 150 of the Sinnoh Pokemon and beating the Elite 4.

Roto13
05-08-2007, 04:27 PM
It should also be noted that you trade with other players at Pokemon centers. :P Upstairs for offline, downstairs for online.

Also, I finally got my Bulbasaur last night. <3

JKTrix
05-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Here's a fact, I experienced last night when a friend wanted me to help him tradevolve some pokemon (Rhydon, Dusclops, Scyther). I had yet to beat the 7th gym, but he was able to trade them with me, and evolve them effortlessly. We even disconnected accidentally part of the way through, and the Pokemon stayed in my party like normal.

Afterwards, I wanted to see the Pokemon that evolved again, cuz they were pretty trippy (particularly Rhydon's evolution). However, they do not show up in my Sinnoh Dex, and I can't access them at all. I hope they will show up when I get the National Dex.

Regardless, you can get any Pokemon in a traditional trade, regardless of if you have the National Dex. They just won't show up in your Pokedex.

Elite Lord Sigma
05-08-2007, 07:49 PM
I've heard it's been put back for the Europe release date?

I think it's June 30th. I'm not sure.

Elite Lord Sigma
05-08-2007, 07:49 PM
Here's a fact, I experienced last night when a friend wanted me to help him tradevolve some pokemon (Rhydon, Dusclops, Scyther). I had yet to beat the 7th gym, but he was able to trade them with me, and evolve them effortlessly. We even disconnected accidentally part of the way through, and the Pokemon stayed in my party like normal.

Afterwards, I wanted to see the Pokemon that evolved again, cuz they were pretty trippy (particularly Rhydon's evolution). However, they do not show up in my Sinnoh Dex, and I can't access them at all. I hope they will show up when I get the National Dex.

Regardless, you can get any Pokemon in a traditional trade, regardless of if you have the National Dex. They just won't show up in your Pokedex.

None of those Pokémon are in the Sinnoh Dex.

JKTrix
05-08-2007, 07:57 PM
Exactly. Point is, you can get the Pokemon from a traditional trade, they just won't show up in your Pokedex if you only have the Sinnoh Dex.

By traditional, I mean 'not the GTS'. GTS only works with Pokemon you've seen, which means they have to be registered in your Pokedex. You may have battled a friend's Bulbasaur online, but unless you have the National Dex, it won't be in the Pokedex, so you can't request it off of the GTS.

Ouch!
05-09-2007, 11:03 PM
I'm gonna throw out a request for a burmy if anyone has one. I need to get all three forms to get that blasted macho brace. EV training will be so much easier then. Also, does anyone know if the pokerus exists in D/P?

Fonzie
05-09-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm gonna throw out a request for a burmy if anyone has one. I need to get all three forms to get that blasted macho brace. EV training will be so much easier then. Also, does anyone know if the pokerus exists in D/P?

The virus still exists on D/P. You can get a Burmy behind the Lost Mansion after you get the National Dex.

Dragoon Kain
05-10-2007, 12:00 AM
ive got some trades up on my website. someone helo me out!!!

Wifi Gym Project (http://z4.invisionfree.com/WiFi_Gym_Project/index.php?act=idx)

Ouch!
05-10-2007, 12:01 AM

The virus still exists on D/P. You can get a Burmy behind the Lost Mansion after you get the National Dex.
Fantastic. Thank you.

By the way, anyone got the pokerus on your game yet?

Momiji
05-10-2007, 02:54 AM

Fantastic. Thank you.

By the way, anyone got the pokerus on your game yet?

What does pokerus do? I think I got it in GSC, but I can't remember.

Ouch!
05-10-2007, 02:56 AM
The pokerus doubles the amount of EVs earned by the infected pokemon. Apparently it's rarer than shiny pokemon. I'm trying to find someone online who will trade an infected pokemon with me.

Momiji
05-10-2007, 03:02 AM
The pokerus doubles the amount of EVs earned by the infected pokemon. Apparently it's rarer than shiny pokemon. I'm trying to find someone online who will trade an infected pokemon with me.

Okay..so what are EVs? I don't remember them.

Ouch!
05-10-2007, 03:30 AM
EVs (Effort Values) are one of many hidden values that affect your pokemon's stats. There's also nature values (dealing with the 10% bonuses or penalties that different natures offer to different stats), level value (just your pokemon's level). and IVs (Individual Values).

EVs and IVs are most influential towards your pokemon's stats. Only EVs are easily manipulated as IVs are randomly generated when a pokemon is caught/hatched. For more detailed explanations check out the subcategories listed on this page. (http://serebii.net/games/mechanics.shtml)

Momiji
05-10-2007, 03:37 AM
EVs (Effort Values) are one of many hidden values that affect your pokemon's stats. There's also nature values (dealing with the 10% bonuses or penalties that different natures offer to different stats), level value (just your pokemon's level). and IVs (Individual Values).

EVs and IVs are most influential towards your pokemon's stats. Only EVs are easily manipulated as IVs are randomly generated when a pokemon is caught/hatched. For more detailed explanations check out the subcategories listed on this page. (http://serebii.net/games/mechanics.shtml)

Interesting. So...what should I fight if I want to advance my Lucario's Special Attack? (Note: I have it set to use all special moves: Psychic, Aura Sphere, Metal Sound (to lower Sp. Def), and Dark Pulse)

Ouch!
05-10-2007, 03:59 AM
Well, you have to start leveling a pokemon with EVs in mind. Your pokemon will collect them normally whether you like it or not, so you have to start with it while it's still pure (freshly caught or hatched). A good place to train for special attack is the abandoned mansion in the Eterna Woods. Ghost pokemon there give EVs in Special Attack (1 for Ghastly, 2 for Haunter, and 3 for Gengar).

EVs cap at 255 for a stat, and you can only collect 510 total. After that, your pokemon no longer gains them. Realistically, you should stop at 252 EVs in a stat, since it takes 4 to gain on stat point, and the extra 3 won't give you anything since stats are all integers rounded down in Pokemon. It's most effective to train your pokemon in two stats. Increase them further by breeding for better IVs (a value anywhere from 0-31) and beneficial natures (for the 10% stat bonuses). It's a big pain, really, but it's necessary if you really plan to compete online.

Fonzie
05-10-2007, 04:05 AM
To get Pokerus try the IGN Pokemon boards. A lot of trading is done there, and some people mention having the virus.

CimminyCricket
05-10-2007, 04:08 AM
Has anyone tried doing that glitch clone thing or whatever?

Ouch!
05-10-2007, 04:38 AM
To get Pokerus try the IGN Pokemon boards. A lot of trading is done there, and some people mention having the virus.
Thanks for the tip. I got it within ten minutes of posting. =D

Momiji
05-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Well, you have to start leveling a pokemon with EVs in mind. Your pokemon will collect them normally whether you like it or not, so you have to start with it while it's still pure (freshly caught or hatched). A good place to train for special attack is the abandoned mansion in the Eterna Woods. Ghost pokemon there give EVs in Special Attack (1 for Ghastly, 2 for Haunter, and 3 for Gengar).

EVs cap at 255 for a stat, and you can only collect 510 total. After that, your pokemon no longer gains them. Realistically, you should stop at 252 EVs in a stat, since it takes 4 to gain on stat point, and the extra 3 won't give you anything since stats are all integers rounded down in Pokemon. It's most effective to train your pokemon in two stats. Increase them further by breeding for better IVs (a value anywhere from 0-31) and beneficial natures (for the 10% stat bonuses). It's a big pain, really, but it's necessary if you really plan to compete online.

So you're saying I'd be better off making an egg with Riolu in it and start training that than start with my level 50 Lucario? If so, I'll do that later... I'm sure I won't get far in online play unless I'm 80+...

JKTrix
05-10-2007, 04:12 PM
I read somewhere that certain Berries will reduce certain EVs by 10 points each time you eat it, so you can start all over. It was mentioned for the Emerald version of the game, but I'm pretty sure it holds true for Diamond/Pearl now.

Pomeg Berry lowers HP EV by 10
Kelpsy Berry lowers Attack EV by 10
Qualot Berry lowers Defense EV by 10
Hondew Berry lowers Special Attack EV by 10
Grepa Berry lowers Special Defense EV by 10
Tamato Berry lowers Speed EV by 10

I have a few of these berries, and they do say it 'Lowers the Pokemon's base (something) stat'.

So if you wanna completely reverse the EV training, gotta start planting (and fertilizing) those berries. I used fertilizer once, and I got 6 berries from one plant, 4 berries from the plant next to it and 3 berries from the one next to that. I only plant the things and water them once whenever I do plant them, so getting 6 from just one plant was pretty big.

Ouch!
05-10-2007, 09:28 PM
So you're saying I'd be better off making an egg with Riolu in it and start training that than start with my level 50 Lucario? If so, I'll do that later... I'm sure I won't get far in online play unless I'm 80+...
Also consider that anyone who has the time to level up a pokemon to level 80 or more have probably already done EV training with it, which will give it a significant statistical advantage over your pokemon of the same level.

There are the berries. I've not attempted to grow them, but since there's no way to check how many EVs you have in any particular stat. Unless you kept track of what pokemon you killed, you'll have to play a big guessing game. The only way to be sure you'd be starting from scratch is to use 26 of the stat reducing berries in each statistic. I imagine that's even more trouble than raising a pokemon from scratch.

I got the pokerus last night, so if anyone wants that for EV raising purposes, just drop me a PM or something and I'll send over something infected.

Badge
08-02-2007, 01:13 PM
My friend code is 0988 9110 3493
Please add me =D
xxxxx

Fonzie
08-12-2007, 02:45 PM
*revives*

Ah, so I'm going to make an entire team of dragons, and suggestions?

Hazzard
08-12-2007, 03:52 PM
*revives*

Definitely include Dragonite ;) He's original

Fonzie
08-12-2007, 03:56 PM
*revives*

Definitely include Dragonite ;) He's original

Already have him. I've brought my Dragonite through all my games.

Hazzard
08-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Rayquaza?

Does Diamond/Pearl have an original, newly made dragon type or not?

Fonzie
08-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Rayquaza?

Does Diamond/Pearl have an original, newly made dragon type or not?

Gible.

Luigidudeman
08-14-2007, 04:45 AM
you mean, Garchomp.. having a Gible wouldn't be so good.

SnoopyG
08-14-2007, 06:42 AM
you mean, Garchomp.. having a Gible wouldn't be so good.

when you have dragonite, tyranitar, and salamence, Garchomp is definitely the ugliest of the batch

qwertysaur
08-14-2007, 06:50 AM
For a team of Dragons, add Kingdra.

I just caught a shiny Linoone.:)

Ultima Shadow
08-16-2007, 12:22 AM
I have a level 100 Salamence named Mudkip.

"Mudkip used Rockslide, foe Moltress fainted etc" *giggles*

I have pearl, but I haven't gotten very far yet.:greenie:

Sakura
08-16-2007, 02:13 AM
Serebii.net [http://www.serebii.net] (http://www.serebii.net) xP
I'm a pokemon nerd so yeah
As for the team of dragons that'd be horrible since most dragons are 4x against ice and 90% of most overused pokemon have an ice move on them espically if you're not using legendaries
Kingdra, Salamence, Dragonite, Garchomp, Dialga, Palkia, Latios, Latias, Altaria, Flygon and rayquaza are all that pop up at the moment xP Meanwhile i'll be scrolling through 15 pages to see how many people gave this response so yeah

Arc_Master_14
08-16-2007, 02:34 AM
Hey ive had Diamond for awhileand Ive beaten it quite thouroghly and Im trading Munchlax's for many many many things haha PM me with an offer please id like a ralts(m/f) or a combee (f)

demondude
08-16-2007, 11:44 AM
I caught a shiny Bibarel :choc2:

SnoopyG
08-18-2007, 08:14 AM
out of curiosity, why is mudkip so popular?

Ultima Shadow
08-18-2007, 02:11 PM
out of curiosity, why is mudkip so popular?Because mudkip is pimp.

EoFF NEEDS A MUDKIP SMILIE!!!

Also, I've got a shiny trapinch (which means the possibility of a shiny Flygon) and a shiny tentacool. However... I'm not interested in a shiny Flygon nor Tentacruel so I'd gladly trade those away (they are both on my sapphire save file, but I can trade them over as soon as I complete pearl via pal park).
One problem, though... I don't have Wifi connection! ZOMG! NOES!

Momiji
08-20-2007, 04:08 AM
I'm looking for a male Vulpix with Energy Ball and Hypnosis as egg moves. Can anyone help me? I'll trade something good! =D

Oh, and as for battling, my Leafeon is absolutely lethal. Just ask The Fonz. ;D

PM me if you want to trade or battle, okay? ^^

Giga Guess
08-20-2007, 04:30 AM
I gotta start playing this again. Need to build a worthwhile battling team.

When I left I finally had a worthwhile Metagross.

qwertysaur
08-20-2007, 04:39 AM
I just caught Regigigas.:) I have a female Sceptile, but my Wifi connection is really bad with my DS. Hopefully when I'm in collage it will be better.