PDA

View Full Version : FF games on other platforms.

Vertisce
04-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Wasn't sure where to put this but my question is about the upcoming games for other platforms. We all know that although it took time they eventually ported the original NES and SNES Final Fantasy games to the Playstation. What about the upcoming games like Crisis Core and the one thats played on mobile phones? Will we see those games, specifically the ones on odd platforms for the Final Fantasy Compilation, will we see them come to the Playstation? I ask because I know for a fact that I may not always have a PSP. Down the road it may break and I won't replace it for whatever reason or for the fact that I dont have a mobile phone that can support the other game but I still want to play it and know what the story is.

Also...why can't we discuss Xenosaga in here? Its part of the Xenogears story is it not?

Jowy
04-03-2007, 10:15 PM
Xenosaga is developed by Namco and Monolith Software, which is no way associated with Square-Enix. Xenosaga also sucks. *flamebait* Let's talk about how awesome Xenogears is though. 8-)

NeoCracker
04-03-2007, 11:06 PM
*Kicks Jowy*

Roto13
04-04-2007, 12:47 AM
It's happened before. It'll probably happen again. I'm waiting for ports of VII, VIII, and IX.

Vertisce
04-04-2007, 04:21 AM
Ports to what? They already work on the PS2 and PS3...

Roto13
04-04-2007, 04:44 AM
There will most likely be handheld ports some day. Or an anthology with updated graphics or something.

JKTrix
04-04-2007, 12:57 PM
Crisis Core for PSP is coming. Before Crisis for Mobile, I doubt that's coming. Phones are different outside Japan. As for ports, I don't know. I want to say 'I doubt it', but Square Enix can be unpredictable sometimes.

If you're concerned about the story, I'm sure someone will put it up on Wikipedia or Gamefaqs or something and all the cutscenes will be downloadable.

Proxy
04-27-2007, 04:52 PM
I think it's retarded and just another proof of what a blatent money grabbing company it has become.

Renmiri
04-27-2007, 05:37 PM
You can play FFX, X2 and most PS2 games on the PCXS2 emulator. I imagine the handhelds would be the same.