PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista is smexxy

atlanteay
04-04-2007, 04:43 AM
I just got a new comp (yay) but it came with Windows Vista (boo). Almost everything is different and doing anything became a lot harder than it used to be on XP.

Before, all the flash sites i visit gets stored in the Temp Internet Files folder and then i can decompile them easily. Now, the Temp Internet Files folder has absolutely NO .fla files in it.

Is it because that they no longer NEED to download the file to the Temp folder or are those files stored somewhere else? :confused:

rubah
04-04-2007, 11:14 PM
http://www.milincorporated.com/a-temporary-internet-files.html

This website says they would be here:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\
or
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\

I don't have vista so I can't verify that.

atlanteay
04-05-2007, 12:32 AM
i already found the folder but it's just the files aren't in it is what's confusing me:( I'm pretty sure the flash site is cached because every time i load it, it's super fast compared to the first time i visited it.
However, those flash files are no where to be found in the Temp folder and the awesome windows vista with its amazing search options do not have the option to search for file types. :eep:

i should just remove vista.

Mirage
04-05-2007, 01:45 AM
tried searching your entire hdd for .swf?

atlanteay
04-05-2007, 02:12 AM
tried searching your entire hdd for .swf?

i just said that vista can't search by file types. :greenie:

rubah
04-05-2007, 02:23 AM
but it should be able to search by things in the filename, such as extensions. As in literally searching for ".fla" or ".swf"

Mirage
04-05-2007, 02:24 AM
just search for all files and put in "*.swf" as the filename.

atlanteay
04-05-2007, 03:20 AM
just search for all files and put in "*.swf" as the filename.

did that and only files that came out were the files with FLA/SWF in the filename. For ex: i search .fla and the files flashbutton.swf came out or flashpics.jpg would come out simply because they contain the letters FLA and the period gets excluded.

Mirage
04-05-2007, 05:01 AM
k, vista sucks now.

rubah
04-05-2007, 05:05 AM
http://www.technipages.com/article324.html ?

atlanteay
04-05-2007, 11:23 PM
k, vista sucks now.

lol, yes it does.

thanks Rubah for that link. :) Haven't tried it yet but microsoft should really make these features more user friendly xD i mean, who would ever thought of searching index :rolleyes2

EDIT: i found a way to view cached files of firefox instead so IE can finally go down the drain for me without any use. Thanks for all the help =]