PDA

View Full Version : Just gettin around to Valkyrie Profile, im lost...

Setharion
04-04-2007, 06:36 AM
After 25 years of RPGs i normally can just pick right up on them http://media.ign.com/boardfaces/9.gif but damn, VP is throwing me for a loop as to what is going on here.

I know about getting the good ending, i have a guide for that...but im just confused as to what my goal is within these chapters.

I mean where do i go and level up, do i just keep hitting start for that spiritual thing and going to recruit?

I just need like an example to go by for starting off here, because right now im just totally confused lol

Jowy
04-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Okay, we're going to skip the intro chapter with Freya and go straight to Chapter 1!

First off, Freya's going to say what qualities she wants in an einherjar. Make note of this, since you're going to get more shinies and better items for reaching this. After that, you're going to be on the world map. Spiritual Concentration - Recruit Belenus and Llewlyn. Level 'em up a bit, and make sure that whoever you decide to send to Asgard has what Freya's looking for. I'll assume you're playing on Normal difficulty, so when the dungeons pop up, feel free to go to them. You will have more than enough time to complete everything which you need to do. Pretty much every chapter goes this way. For leveling up, just grind a bit in the dungeons, or check out the Cave of Oblivion if you need to blow off those extra periods after all of the dungeons are empty and Spiritual Concentration gets you nothing.

Also, remember to take the Nibelungen Ring off before each chapter's end. You want that Seal Rating to go down!

*editga* Just going to post what I did...=P Highlight for spoilers.

Chapter 1: Llewlyn goes to Asgard. He's useless anyway. =P Two dungeons, and rest.
Chapter 2: Belenus to Asgard - Two dungeons, rest.
Chapter 3: Janus - Two dungeons, rest.
Chapter 4: This is the important one - Meet Lucian in Gerabellum, Go to Weeping Lily Meadow, Meet Brahms and not fight him, and go through that goddamn freaking pain in the ass Tower of Lezard Valeth. I sent up Jelanda since I was about to get a better mage anyway (Lorenta for Chapter 4, Mystina on through the rest of the game)
Chapter 5: Recruit Mysty and Lucian, seal rating should be quite low. Send anyone up, do the dungeons.
Chapter 6: SEND LUCIAN UP.
Chapter 7: Doesn't matter. - Do the dungeons.
Chapter 8: Doesn't matter. - Dungeons are optional.

If you're playing on Hard mode, make sure to get all of the Red Lotus Gems as well so you can see all of the Seraphic Gate.

black orb
04-04-2007, 04:34 PM
>>> Freya explain you everything in the beginning of the game, just pay attention to that..

make sure to get all of the Red Lotus Gems as well so you can see all of the Seraphic Gate.
>>> They named it Red Lotus gems now?..

Jowy
04-04-2007, 04:44 PM
That's what I thought they were called. >_>

black orb
04-04-2007, 04:48 PM
>>> It was Flame Jewel in the PSX version..

Jowy
04-04-2007, 10:41 PM
It is, I'm an idiot.

Ironically, Googling "red lotus gems" brings up my HELP ME I SUCK AT VALKYRIE PROFILE thread at FFL from long ago. xD