PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 8 and Charlie's Angels

fifie
04-04-2007, 11:32 AM
I guess this has probably already been said before...but yesterday i was watching Charlie's Angels (1) with my friends and when Drew's character falls out the window she lands near some kids house or something and has to ask them to borrow some clothes, however, before they see the naked Drew approaching their window they are playing...Final Fantasy 8!! What is strange tho is that both kids have a controller and are smashing the buttons as if it is a 2 player game lol!
(to be even more nerdy i think they were playing the garden/jungle bit in Balamb Garden!)

Well, there's a nice bit of interesting trivia for you all...!! ;)

Setzer Gabianni
04-04-2007, 12:33 PM
i demand proof of this.

Christmas
04-05-2007, 01:18 AM
FF VIII isn't multiplayer? :(

fifie
04-05-2007, 06:34 PM
nope ff8 is not multiplayer,
and i don't have any proof, check out the dvd sometime...
can anyone else back me up on this?:D

Little Blue
04-05-2007, 07:45 PM
I'm sure I saw that in one of the Terminator films as well (or perhaps I'm mistaken). There were two kids battling a Gnat (if that's what those buggy planty things inside the garden training centre are called) and they had squall do a GF or something. I thought that was awesome product placement.

Can VIII have battle controlled by two people? I know IX can (the config menu sets which battle characters are controlled by which controller) though I've never used this feature and I can't remember if VIII does too.

cloud21zidane16
04-06-2007, 12:32 AM
if you google it there are many sites saying about the two kids playing it and a lot of them talk about how much of an error it is lol because ff8 is not a 2 player game and does not have many parts where you smash buttons as fast as you can

And Duality, i do not recall ff8 being in any of the terminators especially as the first 2 were released before ff8 even existed:p
and im sure its not in the 3rd one

Discord
04-06-2007, 02:24 PM
Yep, confirmed. They did play FF8. I didn't notice it myself, but I've got my little bro who always remembers this sort of thing.

On the topic of the dual controllers, guys, is that the first thing, that wasn't displayed "very accurately", you've seen in a film?:p

Little Blue
04-06-2007, 03:08 PM
And Duality, i do not recall ff8 being in any of the terminators especially as the first 2 were released before ff8 even existed:p
and im sure its not in the 3rd one

Awesome, I'm imagining things then :p

Tallulah
04-14-2007, 12:03 PM
When Dylan falls outside the kid's house, the two kids are playing Squaresoft's Final Fantasy VIII (Fainaru fantajî VIII (http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0208156/) (1999) (VG)) (It's not a two-player game, but they might not actually both be playing - that's why this hasn't appeared in the goofs list).

Quoted from http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0160127/trivia - the Trivia page on Charlie's Angels on IMDB. If that's not proof I don't know what is! :p

fifie
04-14-2007, 08:05 PM
yes! thank u tallulah!

ragnosica
04-18-2007, 09:20 PM
Its' called director adds...as in the director adds certain elements to the movie just to create the atmosphere described in the script, where as 2 friends in a house having fun...doing what?...idea: playing a video game...what?...idea: a best-selling playstation game, preferebly FF8...what should the kids do?...idea: they should just push buttons like crazy, Drew's the one that matters in this scene...get my point?;)

BardTard
04-25-2007, 12:03 AM
Dude! I never really payed attention to this. And I just watched part of Charlie's Angels a few days ago and that was where I started watching it. I'm gonna watch it again to see the amazing Final Fantasy 8 in it...

Human Devil
04-26-2007, 03:35 AM
FF8 in Charlies Angels?

Is it possible anybody could upload a link of this scene?

Ive got to see this :laugh: .

ragnosica
04-26-2007, 01:26 PM
you're better off watching the hole movie, it's really cool:tongue:

Human Devil
04-27-2007, 12:50 AM
NAh I seen it before dont really like the movie that much.

Kinda corny.

Markus. D
04-28-2007, 05:05 AM
I've seen that part in that movie.

kinda funny xD

specially the asploding sounds :3

Jessweeee♪
05-06-2007, 07:15 PM
WHAT? I've seen BOTH of those movies, and this didn't catch my attention?!

Oh, no...OH NO!!!