PDA

View Full Version : "Gilgamesh" Elite Mark !SPOILER!

Gokalia
04-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has any pointers on fighting the Gilgamesh for the second time? "I found him in Lhusu Mines 7 after I got the Site 11 Key at the Phon Coast"

McLovin'
04-04-2007, 07:28 PM
BUBBLE BUBBLE BUBBLE!!!

Constant buffs as he is a quick 8 armed bastard.

Glitch
04-04-2007, 11:21 PM
Buffs are useful, and that doggie of his is a pain the second time around. I'd take out the mutt before focusing on Gilgamesh. It's probably a good idea to steal some genji equipment from him, too. That's what I forgot to do when I fought him. Doesn't matter now, though. I accidently overwrote my game with my boyfriend's file... I was level 76, bestiary about 98%... He was only level 10 at Lhusu Square... I couldn't help but giggle when I noticed what I did! So... I restarted my game. Now I can get the zodiac spear, genji armor... And all that other easy to miss stuff.

The Unknown Guru
04-04-2007, 11:39 PM
The second time, Enkidu is a huge pain. To take him out, give someone a Nihopalaoa and hit him with a Remedy, giving him just about every status ailment. Just take him out after that, although he wont be doing much damage anyways.

Once Enkidu is dead, the fight is pretty straightforward. Buffs are a huge help, and Bubble helps even more. However, Gilgamesh is fast, and he occasionally gets 3-4 hit combos and uses Monarch Sword to dish out big damage. Just Arise and keep fighting and he will eventually go down.

isidro
04-05-2007, 05:31 AM
Genji armor sucks, only the gloves are worth it

ValiantKnight
04-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Your mileage may vary on status effects and combos.

I remember gilgamesh throwing out quite a few 5+ combos... and the only thing his pup got hit with was sleep, oil, and maybe 2 other status effects if memory serves, not all of them. Of course gilgamesh is immune to all.

Dispel both, kill the dog, then kill Gilgamesh.
Fight him once to see his level X status effects, then find a level you like leveling up on the enemies outside so that those status effects won't affect you.

Hazzard
04-05-2007, 01:01 PM
What level would you most advise to be around, when fighting Gilgamesh for the first and second time? (70, maybe?)

ValiantKnight
04-05-2007, 03:25 PM
38-39 for the first fight, and he was not all that hard.

41-43 for the second fight, and he took quite a while, and was a long fight, but I still beat him.

Hazzard
04-05-2007, 04:25 PM
wahhhhh...I'm in my very late 40's for all of my team except Vaan who is 1 level away from 60.

ValiantKnight
04-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Any level is fine above probably the low 30s.
It just moves from extremely difficult to rather easy as you level.

Pete for President
04-05-2007, 08:14 PM
I beat the second fight today with an average party-level of 59. Gambits pretty much did all the work. :choc:

Hazzard
04-05-2007, 08:29 PM
Hey, Pete--what level was your party the first time?

Pete for President
04-05-2007, 11:57 PM
Hey, Pete--what level was your party the first time?

First fight I was at 56 as an average I think, that was really easy. I tried to get to the second fight at that level too, but the enemies beyond area 11 are quite a pain when they gang up on you, so I trained some more before heading back in.

Gokalia
04-07-2007, 05:51 PM
my party is
Vaan lv. 67
Balthier lv. 9
Fran lv. 60
Ashe lv. 61
Basch lv.67
Penelo lv. 67

lol i need to train balthier badly :)
I should be able to win i hope :)

Pete for President
04-07-2007, 06:07 PM
my party is
Vaan lv. 67
Balthier lv. 9
Fran lv. 60
Ashe lv. 61
Basch lv.67
Penelo lv. 67

You'll win easily with a proper gambit-setup. Handy tip; your mage will use a lot of mana keeping all those buffs up, when you run out of mana, use "syphon" on your berserker (which I assume you use) to restore it.

Renmiri
04-08-2007, 01:09 AM
my party is
Vaan lv. 67
Balthier lv. 9
Fran lv. 60
Ashe lv. 61
Basch lv.67
Penelo lv. 67

Goodness you can even finish the game at this level! I did at level 64 :D

gudkid
04-08-2007, 11:43 AM
wow...
i am hyperleveling too much!
i'm still at the part where i have to go to archades for the first time and balthier, vaan and basch are at level 60! though fran is 15, penelo 20 and ashe is 20 as well...
dang! i did too much training....

where can you find giglamesh? is he a mark to hunt?

Hazzard
04-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Yeah, he's in the Lhusu Mines and the poster of the mark is Montblanc, located in Clan hall (Rabanastre). You battle him twice, but he extremely increases in level and strenght the second time round. You receive a masumune and you it's wise to steal the gengi suit off of him.

I haven't the second battle with Gil's, yet--can anyone tell me what levels my characters should be in?

Their all in mid-50's at the moment, except Vaan who is level 64.

Renmiri
04-08-2007, 05:06 PM
You should do fine Hazzard. I was around level 45 when I took him for the second time.

Just make sure you go with 99 Phoenix Downs and plenty of Ethers because the skeletons there are very tough. My first try I killed Gilgamesh and Enkidu only to die mobbed by skeletons before I got out of the mines.

Hazzard
04-08-2007, 05:16 PM
The funny thing is, I was so oblivious to it all and just got the key then automatically wandered into the mines, to welcome me was two Aeronites who were close to destroying me (only three members got killed). My MP was running out, and was 5 levels under level. I thought that was going to be my death bed for sure, then I started to use tactics and began to enjoy myself. I killed off the skeletons and bats with ease, it becoming to be my playing field. Then i fought Gilgamesh and Enkidu. Then my playtime was over. I died, and then scurried out of the mines; crying pitifully with my tail hanging from my rectum.

Gokalia
04-08-2007, 07:28 PM
lol i guess i over trained then :)
when i first went to giza plains and got penelo in my party i got her a quicking and then i trained them to lv 8 each.
when i got balthier and fran i was lv 8 and there were lv 9
and basch was lv 24 and vaan was lv 23 well balthier was lv 9 and fran lv 23 :)

Gokalia
04-08-2007, 09:56 PM
yay i beat the gilgamesh and got the masamune and the 10000gil yay!
and yet i havent even beat carrot because i look in the salika would but i cant find it, it wont appear even when i dont fight anything...

Hazzard
04-08-2007, 10:42 PM
Tell me, what level were you?

Renmiri
04-08-2007, 10:48 PM
You have to teleport in and use "flee", do not kill any monster between the teleport crystal and the area you find the Viera

Gokalia
04-08-2007, 10:53 PM
o you have to hold the flee botton im an idiot but still i didnt fight anything

Hazzard
04-08-2007, 11:34 PM
Or you could just turn all your gambits off, and purposely kill of Reddas for the finding of the mark.