PDA

View Full Version : spring fitness!

Araciel
04-05-2007, 01:48 AM
hey all

spring is comin so i'm trying to step up my exercise schedule...

i'm obviously running more than i did in the winter...since i'm getting older now i'm gaining more weight around the midsection :O

just wondering how y'all keep in shape

Iceglow
04-05-2007, 02:23 AM
Luck and metabolism mostly. Plenty of walking in there and well work is very physical so good work out there and we all play table tennis and the like on break (fast movements can work out well), some situps in there too if I feel like it I'm not overly keen on doing press-ups as I don't really have the space for it. Other than that I don't eat much and what I do eat tends to be quite healthy so guess you can say good diet in there too. Though I noticed I have lost the muscle definition (note not a 6 pack just some definition I had) in the stomach area lately this makes me feel pretty fat in knowing I had it and lost it but if I choose to do it I could get it back in a few months maybe I will join a gym.

Khaotic
04-05-2007, 02:26 AM
Social anxiety disorder prohibits me from venturing to the outside world to merely "exercise".

Christmas
04-05-2007, 02:28 AM
http://www.bodybuilding.com/

The Unknown Guru
04-05-2007, 02:31 AM
I do about 50-70 push-ups and sit-ups every other day. I occasionally do other stuff, and my metabolism helps, too.

kikimm
04-05-2007, 02:33 AM
I go to the track by my house like 4 times a week. Yeah, great fun. I'm not even sure if it does anything. :mad2:

theundeadhero
04-05-2007, 02:55 AM
I'm forced to run three to four times a week for three-six miles, and then the other days do push-ups and sit-ups.

41-Inches-Wide
04-05-2007, 03:30 AM
My bf is teaching me his judo and jujitsu moves! That's about it. :3

CimminyCricket
04-05-2007, 06:32 AM
<_< I'll be going to boot camp, so I'm workin' the hell out. LOTS of running, sits ups, not so many push ups or pull up. -_-' Not a lot of arm strength.

Xaven
04-05-2007, 06:59 AM
Some pilates, pushups, and pullups are thrown around every day. I also do DDR a lot; it works wonders. Sometimes I run for a few miles, or walk home from school.

I'll be going to Hawaii in a few days, so that's my major motivation.

Araciel
04-05-2007, 07:40 AM
<_< I'll be going to boot camp, so I'm workin' the hell out. LOTS of running, sits ups, not so many push ups or pull up. -_-' Not a lot of arm strength.

boot camp??

do military presses, benchpresses, rows, pullups/chinups...you need to work out your upper body a lot

plus running miles at a time

Lynx
04-05-2007, 07:45 AM
skateboarding can really whip you into shape it can also make you stuck on the couch for a month with a broken bone though.

CimminyCricket
04-05-2007, 08:19 AM
<_< I'll be going to boot camp, so I'm workin' the hell out. LOTS of running, sits ups, not so many push ups or pull ups. -_-' Not a lot of arm strength.

boot camp??

do military presses, benchpresses, rows, pullups/chinups...you need to work out your upper body a lot

plus running miles at a time

Really? I didn't know that (sarcasm). That's just what I'm doing in my spare time. I'm in the delayed entry program, so they're working me out as well. I do military presses too, but meh, only 30 or so a day.

Rocket Edge
04-05-2007, 08:28 AM
I swim a few times a week, and play soccer a bit other than that. I really should get down to doing some more exercise, 'cos i'm not as fit as i once was.

Meat Puppet
04-05-2007, 08:29 AM
I stay in shape (and I use ‘‘shape’’ loosely) by walking to & from work, and (eating) about an apple a day.

Zeldy
04-05-2007, 12:35 PM
Im starting going to a Gym next week as I need to do a physical for 3 months for Duke of Edinburgh.
I do PE in school, Ive been doing Fitness and Football/Rugby all year, but now that its almost Summer term I have to do things like Rounders ;___;!

Sergeant Hartman
04-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Couple of pushups everyday...

Bunny
04-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Working out is for the birds. I prefer lounging around.

Jowy
04-05-2007, 03:02 PM
I'm just going to play lots o' DDR to get my legs muscular again. The rest of me is fine.

Old Manus
04-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Occaisonally I go to the gym, other than that I play football and cricket. My plan to beat Chuck Norris in an arm wrestle is slowly coming to fruition.

yanis
04-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Whatever I do I still the same...I eat what I want, I don't get any weight even If I'll sit all day...But lately I'm playng football (the soccer one) and I like running! It's like a gym for me, that way maybe I'll take some weight...:D

Captain Maxx Power
04-05-2007, 04:07 PM
I've cut my daily intake of food by about a half. I'm constantly weak, but hey, at least I'm not gaining anymore weight. I would go to a gym but London gyms are in the region of stupid expensive.

theundeadhero
04-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Spring is here...

Every time spring comes around I think of that part in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II The arcade game. The part right after the wolf boss in the snow level where your turtle is walking down the street and goes, "Spring is here".