PDA

View Full Version : what level should i be on?

rikkugurl13
04-05-2007, 07:29 AM
Hey.Can you guys help me out?I'm heading into the henne mines and i keep dying.What level should i be on?

Pete for President
04-05-2007, 09:11 AM
You should be around the same level the foes are in that area. Use Libra to find out. :choc:

Rostum
04-05-2007, 09:24 AM
The level where you don't keep dying.

dennenappelke
04-05-2007, 11:13 AM
level 99 if you want to be sure

Sergeant Hartman
04-05-2007, 12:14 PM
You can't get any better advice than that.

Setzer Gabianni
04-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Hey.Can you guys help me out?I'm heading into the henne mines and i keep dying.What level should i be on?

Well..what levels are you on atm?

Hazzard
04-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Regardless, you should be around 10-15 level when you enter Henne Mines for the first time.

ValiantKnight
04-05-2007, 03:23 PM
? If my memory is correct, henne mines is after Leviathan unless my memory is bad. People have been posting often here that they can't beat the leviathan at level 10-15. And theres a few more story events between that and Henne.....

If you are reentering the Henne mines for the optional areas.... then I would suggest at least 40.

Breine
04-05-2007, 04:27 PM
I think you have to be around level 30 or so to make it in those mines.

Hazzard
04-05-2007, 04:39 PM
the first time you should be 10-15 level.
Second should be 35-40 level.

Mirage
04-05-2007, 04:49 PM

Best advice.

Just level up a bit and then try again. You don't need people to tell you when you're strong enough, just find out for yourself.

GOD GUNDAM
04-05-2007, 04:52 PM
Be at level 37 because my Vann is at level and I haven't talk to Kytes about where did Migelo and Penelo went!

Hazzard
04-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Be at level 37 because my Vann is at level and I haven't talk to Kytes about where did Migelo and Penelo went!

you kinda ruined the game for yourself by doing that, unless you like having it easy.

rikkugurl13
04-05-2007, 09:04 PM
right now i'm on lvl 20 or 21 on all my people.and i still die.I cant figure out how to get to the end of the mines.I just race past all the fiends in there.
What would be the best place to level up?
thnks for all the replys

Mirage
04-05-2007, 09:06 PM
Make sure you're not wandering into areas you aren't supposed to be yet. If you're on the right track, just level up a bit more :p.

Hazzard
04-05-2007, 10:10 PM
Oh crap...you meant the Henne Mines--then I must apologize because i thought you said Lhusu Mines.

Well then, level everyone up 5 more levels and then proceed. Don't fight the ghost horses because they will most likely kill you.

Shiva_
04-06-2007, 04:16 AM
Do you have updated equipment for everyone? If not, I would upgrade everyone's weapons/armor.

I would also level your guys up by a few levels.

the first time you should be 10-15 level.
Second should be 35-40 level.

You're talking about the Lhusu Mines.

If you tried to go into the 2nd part of the Henne Mines at level 35-40, you likely wouldn't make it a few steps before everyone in your party gets killed, and you possibly get a Game Over. Foes there have OHKO potential at that level. :p Besides, at that level, you likely wouldn't even be able to get access to that part anyway since you have to have at least 10 espers and complete a certain hunt.

Lhusu Mines is earlier in the game before the bridge.

Henne Mines is right after you visit the wood for the first time.

There is also a 3rd section of the Lhusu Mines (site 11) that has considerably tougher foes than the 2nd section of it.

If you are reentering the Henne mines for the optional areas.... then I would suggest at least 40.

As I stated above, you likely wouldn't make it through the 2nd part of the Henne Mines at that level. The foes there will likely have OHKO potential at that level.

To be able to get through there, you should be at level 60 minimum. Levels 70 or higher are recommended.

Rostum
04-06-2007, 04:20 AM
Yeah, I think the bats are around level 64 at the entrance of Henne Mines, coming from Feywood.

Mirage
04-06-2007, 05:13 AM
I used those to get some quick levels at ~42 :D. They're not too hard if you gang up on them one at a time.

ValiantKnight
04-06-2007, 05:28 PM

As I stated above, you likely wouldn't make it through the 2nd part of the Henne Mines at that level. The foes there will likely have OHKO potential at that level.

To be able to get through there, you should be at level 60 minimum. Levels 70 or higher are recommended.

Yes, you should be a little higher, but you can enter site 11 at the late 30s and early 40s and survive there. Henne is a little tougher, but not insanely tougher... just more packs of enemies in larger numbers. It's not easy by a long shot.
I would wager you could do the same in Henne Mines with great care and strategy. I believe I was in the upper 40s or early 50s there when I went there. The only real stopping factor is having the 10 "beings under your control"

To get through it at all, I would recommend high 40s, low 50s... to get through it easily, without constant reviving, and a good possibility of game over, i'd recommend high 50s/low 60s :)
With the "at least" 40 recommendation I was merely saying that for the low level people who'd probably come on here and say you can get zodiark at level 25 :)

Not trying to be annoying, but it is possible at lower levels, it just has greater risk. The biggest risk is "leech" imo.

I had a terribly hard time deeper in the mines closer to the "being" when there were no bats, and the ghost type enemies came out. I eventually went out and leveled a bit, but I'd wager it is possible to survive in there, as I did somewhat highly inefficiently at that level unless my memory is bad.

Shiva_
04-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Yes, you should be a little higher, but you can enter site 11 at the late 30s and early 40s and survive there. Henne is a little tougher, but not insanely tougher... just more packs of enemies in larger numbers. It's not easy by a long shot.
I would wager you could do the same in Henne Mines with great care and strategy. I believe I was in the upper 40s or early 50s there when I went there. The only real stopping factor is having the 10 "beings under your control"

To get through it at all, I would recommend high 40s, low 50s... to get through it easily, without constant reviving, and a good possibility of game over, i'd recommend high 50s/low 60s :)
With the "at least" 40 recommendation I was merely saying that for the low level people who'd probably come on here and say you can get zodiark at level 25 :)

True.

For anyone going thru the 2nd part of Henne Mines at lower levels, it's even more important to have key equipment, some of which isn't available until after you complete certain parts of the game. They're crucial for survival as they provide immunities to certain attacks and status ailments.

You definitely should have 3 bowline sashes (IMMUNE: confuse) and 3 rubber suits (IMMUNE: thunder). The flan-based foes there spam thundaga and put confusion on your guys alot as well. The ghost-type enemies inflict confusion on your guys, too. First-line prevention from those is best. When in the area where the flan-based foes are, watch out for the ghost-type rare game. Use Disable on the reapers in the part before Zodiark. They spam death a lot. Disabling them, you can prevent them from doing this. And when facing Zodiark, make sure you have the Black Masks and/or Demon Shields.

To make those bats easier as you're going through there, put them to sleep using Sleepga and use Curaja only. Faith increases damage dealt with it. Have Protect on to reduce damage, and give everybody shields to block some of their attacks.

Don't bother melee'ing the bats. They parry a lot.

Have Bubble on at all times, and have your guys Haste'd.

Neo-Omega Mk XXV
04-06-2007, 09:52 PM
If you're cheap like me and can't be bothered to buy 3 rubber suits, Addle also reduces the damage done by the Hecteyes' (flan type enemy) Thundaga spamming. Wither also works well to reduce the damage from their obnoxiously fast paced melee attacks. Disable is better against the bats than sleep IMO.

Anyway the "recommended level" can vary a lot depending on your licenses and equipment.

Swifthom
04-07-2007, 10:36 AM
I got through the Henne Mines at level 17....
I'm in the Stillshrine now, Bash is level 19 but everyone else is still 18 :p
They'll all be 19 before I finish it though....

Equip the right weapons, take it slowly and dont be scared of running from battles, it's easy :p

boys from the dwarf
04-07-2007, 10:48 AM
my advice to you is figure things out for yourself more (hopefully you wont take any offence from this post.) i'm sure most people used to be a bit nervous about new things and a bit put off when you cant do something but you learn more by trial and error.

im the kind of person who goes around a friends house and plays a game im never played before head on and i try to figure things out for myself instead of asking and i think im better off for doing that.

A nice peice of advice is, if your stuck, level up 3-5 levels and try again, which will work every time unless your seriously underlevelled.

Renmiri
04-07-2007, 11:37 PM
Tiamat, the boss is level 25. You should be 25 or higher to cross the mines "comfortably" but not too overleveled.

Tiamat Stats (http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/index.php/Tiamat)
* Level: 25
* HP: 49,993
* MP: 999
* Steal: Hi Potion, Ring Wyrm scale, Leo Gem
* Air eater -1/2 damage on all other elements
* Weak: Earth

rikkugurl13
04-10-2007, 12:13 AM
I'm not offended.I understand that what your saying.Thanks for all the help guys.I'm at level 22 right now and I'm still leveling up.Sorry but I must ask.Where's the best place to level up?I like leveling up in the giza Rains but the Dry just started.Thanks again.:D

Gokalia
04-10-2007, 01:49 AM
well train on the werewolves in the giza plains (dry) or just train in ozmone plains

Renmiri
04-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Go west (left) on Giza Plains (dry) and you will get to a good place to level up on the Westersand. Full of Sleipninr, Urstrix and other stronger guys.

If that is too easy for you then teleport to Ozmone plains and level up there near the monsters that look like Behemoths and Sleipnir. You can also try "hit and run" peeks at Golmore jungle: Go in, kill some coeurls, get out before you are massacred.

Hazzard
04-10-2007, 05:28 PM
LOL...I remember those days when i kicked ass around those levels...

rikkugurl13
04-14-2007, 11:35 PM
Thanks guys.I'm thinking of heading in.Every one is at the level 26 and 27.I got demonsbane.And alot of other stuff so they got new weapons and armour.Thanks agian.You guys are the best!

Hazzard
04-14-2007, 11:37 PM
No problem. Just draw the bats over one by one, and don't let them gang up on you. Also, the ghostly horses, make sure that you kill them off quick and don't mess around for :skull::skull::skull::skull:!