PDA

View Full Version : Screenshot problem

YTDN
04-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Ok, I'm trying to get a screenshot of a video I was watching on RealPlayer. Now, I clicked Print Screen, and pasted it into Paint. Now, the strange thing is, whenever I move the screenshot around, the actual image inside the player stays where it is (this is on Paint). Then, when I tried selecting the image I wanted, and cope pasted it into a new paint project, the image moved around depending on where the RealPlayer was. And also, even though I saved the image, when I closed RealPlayer the image disappeared and was replaced with black.

So, my point is, does anyone know

a) what th problem is
and
b) what can I do to get the screenshot without the problem?

Flying Mullet
04-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Did you try "Alt"+"Print Screen"?

YTDN
04-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Tried. Didn't work.

JKTrix
04-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Hope this helps.

http://labnol.blogspot.com/2005/11/capture-still-images-from-windows.html

Realplayer generally isnt' so hot anyway. Is this a 'RealMedia' video you're watching? Otherwise, if you use a different player it'll be easier to take screenshots (without having to use Paint at all).

YTDN
04-05-2007, 04:58 PM
Sadly, it's a RealMedia video I'm playing. And I don't have the cash to buy proper screen capture software.

Roto13
04-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Get VLC Media Player. You can play pretty much anything in it and take screenshots.

YTDN
04-05-2007, 05:29 PM
I have VLC, but it doesn't play RealMedia.

I'll try converting it into another file type.

EDIT: I tried, and all that happened is it screwed up the colours and the clip order. Oh well. I'll just keep trying.

Endless
04-05-2007, 06:12 PM
You need to either:
a) Put a window in the front so that the video is in the background (but visible) and then print screen, or
b) disable video acceleration in the display properties -> parameters -> advanced -> troubleshooting

YTDN
04-05-2007, 07:10 PM
You need to either:
a) Put a window in the front so that the video is in the background (but visible) and then print screen, or
b) disable video acceleration in the display properties -> parameters -> advanced -> troubleshooting

I tried the first one, and it worked. Thanks!

JKTrix
04-05-2007, 08:26 PM
That is awesome and wacky at the same time. I will remember that one, should I ever ever have this issue.

Tasura
04-07-2007, 08:24 AM
Also, for future reference get this (http://www.cccp-project.net/) that way .rmvb will play on VLC, though with MPC coming with CCCP VLC is pretty much useless, but not entirely.